Author Topic: Three dead, nine wounded in Co. Springs Planned Parenthood clinic shooting  (Read 11335 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
This shooting, being in an abortion clinic, will gain a lot of traction with the left.  We are going to hear about this incident repeatedly for a long time.
And to add to it, this was the second major shooting incident in Colorado Springs in less than a month.  One of the dead was a cop.

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
Re: Three dead, nine wounded in Co. Springs Planned Parenthood clinic shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
The black lives matter goons are going to be pissed.  :lol:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
The black lives matter goons are going to be pissed.  :lol:

Yeeepppp

The comments and facebook postings are alive liberals running their mouths about "Christian Terrorism!!111!!!!!"  ;/

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 08:36:10 AM »
Yeeepppp

The comments and facebook postings are alive liberals running their mouths about "Christian Terrorism!!111!!!!!"  ;/

Everyone is quick point blame/hate/etc until all the facts are in.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
Right now it seems there's a lot of confusion, official included, regarding whether this was aimed at planned parenthood, or just in the vicinity of planned parenthood (and the vicinity of a half dozen other offices/businesses in the area).

Regardless, the mugshot shows a deranged individual. Supposedly he was both a former pastor and former law enforcement officer, so that certainly won't help optics regarding those two areas. It looks like much more information is needed, either way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
He's definitely nuts. First reports I read was that he started off by shooting at passing cars so it appears that he was targeting anybody and everybody vs PP specifically...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 10:49:08 AM »
nutters are going to be involved in almost every case.  Another guy that was 'on the radar', and a known freak, but nothing was done.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
nutters are going to be involved in almost every case.  Another guy that was 'on the radar', and a known freak, but nothing was done.
Requiring criminal action prior to legal intervention is bad why?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
One interesting side note is that almost every article I've read describes him as "...a man in a long coat", which I assume is an allusion to trenchcoats, ala Columbine (given this happened in CO).

While in this case he certainly is a wierdo, I'm not sure wearing a long coat when weather is in the teens should be an indicator of bad behavior.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »
They came right out and said trench coat on the news last night. You could tell they really wanted to make a connection to columbine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:07 AM »
Has anyone seen anything on weapons used?  I just saw Obama released a statement about "weapons of war".

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
There seems to be very little information, aside from the number of casualties, and the guy's name.

Are they waiting for the Sunday morning shows before they release anything, to get it into the full, weekly news cycle?  [tinfoil]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
Has anyone seen anything on weapons used?  I just saw Obama released a statement about "weapons of war".

Surprised it took this long.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »

One article claimed an AK style rifle. They were oddly careful not to call it an AK-47 for some reason.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 12:20:51 PM »
Given the lack of info about the nutter howling about planned parenthood i doubt it is pp related other than by coincidence.  Because if that info existed it would have been trumpeted about. 

All the articles i read about went in depth on nutter victims church going habits to the point of me wondering what the deal was.  And the deal is likely an attemp to associate nutter with churchy sorts in light of the lack of evidence that nutter actually targetted the pp chophouse.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »
"Weapons of war," you mean weapons intended by the Founding Fathers for We, the People, to keep and bear?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »
"Weapons of war," you mean weapons intended by the Founding Fathers for We, the People, to keep and bear?

That's crazy talk.  You're probably a terrorist.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
One article claimed an AK style rifle. They were oddly careful not to call it an AK-47 for some reason.

I'd bet it was not an AK. If so, the media and Obama would be all over it like stink on *expletive deleted*it.

During the hostage taking, I heard a report that it was a long gun, hunting type. Can't remember which network.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »
In laws didn't see the humor of my laugh when I heard a woman say that the gunfirw sounded like "one of those AKs."  Like she's an expert on the sounds of rifle fire.

I just love how a nut job goes shooting, and ends up in Planned Parenthood, and half the people I hear are crying that he was a right-wing nut (with no evidence) and the other bunch are hailing him as a Christian warrior killing the baby killers (again, no evidence).  I guess everything can be spun these days...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 04:04:59 AM »
Maybe that woman has watched "Heartbreak Ridge," like, 100 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIv_RrgCfWs
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:07 AM »
Looks like the story will disappear down the memory hole. Doesn't fit the prevailing narrative.

No obvious ties to anything/anyone "right wing".

Or it will be used as an occasional example of what happens due to the climate of hatred the anti abortion folks create; despite there being zero evidence that is the case.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »
Looks like the story will disappear down the memory hole. Doesn't fit the prevailing narrative.

No obvious ties to anything/anyone "right wing".

Or it will be used as an occasional example of what happens due to the climate of hatred the anti abortion folks create; despite there being zero evidence that is the case.

Actually I just read that he supposedly said "no more baby parts" as he was led away. This was on Fox News, quoted from an anonymous LE at the scene. I saw that planned parenthood is already spinning this to negate all the youtube videos. They will probably have some success with that with the general public, and it will all be because of this idiot (if the current narrative is true).

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 02:37:42 AM »
Interesting.  Police will not release any info, including weapon used. (I still bet it was not an AK)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/29/police-wont-release-motive-in-planned-parenthood-shooting/

Police say in a statement Sunday that they are sealing the warrants related to the case against 57-year-old Robert Lewis Dear. They say they are not providing information on the weapon used in Friday’s shooting, a timeline of events or a motive of the suspect.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.