Author Topic: Three dead, nine wounded in Co. Springs Planned Parenthood clinic shooting  (Read 11334 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Three dead, nine wounded in Co. Springs Planned Parenthood clinic shooting
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 10:41:11 AM »
But on the plus side in the eyes of many, ISIS executes gay men by throwing them off buildings.  

And let us not forget the Christians who are working towards the same end: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kaoma-uganda-gays-american-ministers-20140323-story.html

So... nothing on the terrorists being insane? Have we just abandoned that line of argument and moved to saying they're just the same a Christians, now?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 10:51:51 AM »
So... nothing on the terrorists being insane? Have we just abandoned that line of argument and moved to saying they're just the same a Christians, now?

Stop! You're oppressing his narrative!  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 12:59:03 PM »
So how many folks from Muslim majority nations would you like to see allowed to immigrate to the USA?

10,000? 20,000 per year? How about 100,000 or 200,000 per year?

Why not just open the border to all that want to come?

What is the acceptable level in your mind?

Assuming you want some numerical limitation what is your rational behind the limit?

I think you have me confused with someone else.  I have offered no opinions or comments on the Muslim immigration issue.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »
I think I know what you are getting to, but how much of that was based more in Colonialism?

No. I'm talking mainly about European history, and religious politics within the various European states.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
I think you have me confused with someone else.  I have offered no opinions or comments on the Muslim immigration issue.

Your comments attempting to draw comparisons between Islam and Christianity would lead one to believe you find no difference between them regarding the immigration issue.

So you're being coy or playing devils advocate, fair enough.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:50:25 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »
http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

I find it interesting that on the Jihadist side, a couple of the attacks had dead in the double-digits and none of the right-wing attacks did.

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/analysis.html

More jihadists charged than other groupings.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »
http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

I find it interesting that on the Jihadist side, a couple of the attacks had dead in the double-digits and none of the right-wing attacks did.

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/analysis.html

More jihadists charged than other groupings.

There are several examples like this one in the "right wing" column:

In 2010 Raymond Peake killed a man at a gun range in Carlisle, Pennsylvania in order to steal an AR-15.  Peake told investigators he stole the weapon for use in an organization seeking the overthrow of the American government that he refused to name.  Peake pleaded no contest in 2012.

How do we know he's right wing? Same with anti-gay. Do you have to be right wing to be anti-gay? Or can you be of another political persuasion? Or politically agnostic? Or perhaps you did it based on religion (which includes non-christian religions)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »
Didn't some "news" organization recently make claims about the danger of "right-wing terrorism," which turned out to include precious little in the way of "right-wing" perpetrators?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »
There are several examples like this one in the "right wing" column:

How do we know he's right wing? Same with anti-gay. Do you have to be right wing to be anti-gay? Or can you be of another political persuasion? Or politically agnostic? Or perhaps you did it based on religion (which includes non-christian religions)?

The dataset breaks it down to Jihadists vs. non-Jihadists.  So as far as I can see, right wing, left wing and politically agnostic are all in the 'non-Jihadist' category.

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/methodology.html

A description of their methodology is above.

The dataset seeks to include all American citizens and residents indicted or convicted for terrorism crimes who were inspired by or associated with Al Qaeda and its affiliated groups as well as those citizens and residents who were killed before they could be indicted but have been widely reported to have worked with or been inspired by al-Qaeda and its affiliated groups. The dataset does not include extremists tied to violent Islamist groups that do not target the United States as part of al-Qaeda’s war, for example Hamas and Hezbollah, nor does it include individuals who were acquitted or charged with lesser crimes, for example immigration violations, that cannot be shown to involve some kind of terrorism-related crime.

The dataset also includes individuals inspired by right wing, left wing, and other non-Jihadist political ideologies, who have been indicted for terrorism related crimes. The data on non-Jihadist extremists is less developed than the data on Jihadist extremists but where available it is included to provide a comparison across ideologies. The dataset relies mainly upon court documents, wire service reports, and news reports as sources.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »
The dataset breaks it down to Jihadists vs. non-Jihadists.  So as far as I can see, right wing, left wing and politically agnostic are all in the 'non-Jihadist' category.

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/methodology.html

A description of their methodology is above.

The dataset seeks to include all American citizens and residents indicted or convicted for terrorism crimes who were inspired by or associated with Al Qaeda and its affiliated groups as well as those citizens and residents who were killed before they could be indicted but have been widely reported to have worked with or been inspired by al-Qaeda and its affiliated groups. The dataset does not include extremists tied to violent Islamist groups that do not target the United States as part of al-Qaeda’s war, for example Hamas and Hezbollah, nor does it include individuals who were acquitted or charged with lesser crimes, for example immigration violations, that cannot be shown to involve some kind of terrorism-related crime.

The dataset also includes individuals inspired by right wing, left wing, and other non-Jihadist political ideologies, who have been indicted for terrorism related crimes. The data on non-Jihadist extremists is less developed than the data on Jihadist extremists but where available it is included to provide a comparison across ideologies. The dataset relies mainly upon court documents, wire service reports, and news reports as sources.

No big problems with it if that's their methodology, except the header in the first link specifically says "deadly right wing attacks".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »
Last I checked anti-abortionists have not set up their own nation-state (as the JV) and started stoning people, hacking their heads off, putting them in a cage and either lighting it on fire or dropping it in water.

(And I'm not referring to just Daesh/ISIS, either....)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
a Russian law aimed at reducing pedophilia, which no reasonable man could object to.

Have you heard about an American law aimed at reducing mass shootings, which no reasonable man could object to?

Yeah. It's exactly the same. Works about as well for the stated goal as gun control does. The first case under that law was a complaint against a dairy producer because they had a rainbow on their packaging.

A reasonable man most certainly should object to these kinds of laws.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
Have you heard about an American law aimed at reducing mass shootings, which no reasonable man could object to?

Yeah. It's exactly the same. Works about as well for the stated goal as gun control does. The first case under that law was a complaint against a dairy producer because they had a rainbow on their packaging. 

A rainbow? Isn't that a symbol that God's going to judge sinners with fire, instead of water?  ;)