Author Topic: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities  (Read 22945 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 08:41:01 PM »
SJS

You don't go make pipebombs after becoming disgruntled at a party the day before.   Plus have an escape plan with multiple vehicles to do your E&E from law enforcement.   That shows some planning, and more than spitballing it the night before.   I'd bet if they went back and checked there would have been at least one, if not, more 911 calls to either the center or some where very nearby.   Simply to get an idea of LE reaction times.

Going out on a limb, my bet that's where they first encountered .gov services, and either a) saw what a soft target it is, and/or b) got denied somehow on something and decided to extract revenge.  

Either way, they either did poorly in executing their plan or they had other targets selected (like in Paris) and the follow-on attacks failed due to being OTBE and LE response.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 08:43:15 PM »
You don't go make pipebombs after becoming disgruntled at a party the day before.   Plus have an escape plan with multiple vehicles to do your E&E from law enforcement.   That shows some planning, and more than spitballing it the night before.   I'd bet if they went back and checked there would have been at least one, if not, more 911 calls to either the center or some where very nearby.   Simply to get an idea of LE reaction times.

Going out on a limb, my bet that's where they first encountered .gov services, and either a) saw what a soft target it is, and/or b) got denied somehow on something and decided to extract revenge.  

Either way, they either did poorly in executing their plan or they had other targets selected (like in Paris) and the follow-on attacks failed due to being OTBE and LE response.

SJS doesn't necessarily happen on the spot.  "moderates" converted to radical Islam at a later age, or while living in modern societies who go jihadi qualify as SJS.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »
Wish we could get the intel on domestic hash taggers over this an similar events.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »

QFT
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 08:56:04 PM »
Obama "We have a pattern now of mass shootings."

Yep, here comes the big push...  He said he wanted to get Gun Control done before he left office.  Sandy Hook wasn't enough to get it done, so time to try again...

Let the next buying panic begin...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
Seriously?  Every time there is a terror attack, someone here races to blame it on Muslims and then to use the event to talk about how all Muslims should be kicked out of America or are part of the conspiracy.   This has been the case even when the terrorist turned out to be in fact be an anti-Muslim crusader in Norway.

How you people can't see that what's happening here is exactly what you do to Muslims is beyond me. 

I'll just leave this here...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Obama "We have a pattern now of mass shootings."

Yep, here comes the big push...  He said he wanted to get Gun Control done before he left office.  Sandy Hook wasn't enough to get it done, so time to try again...

Let the next buying panic begin...

I still can't shake the feeling that person(s) unknown are pushing, inciting folks to go ape and do these shootings. As weird as that sounds, the frequency of these mass shootings are almost beyond comprehension. I know their are crazy *expletive deleted*ers out and about, but damn, it's like they had meeting and decided on a almost "once a month" shooting.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 09:14:52 PM »
Police will not confirm that the disgruntled person who left was in fact who came back shooting.

2 dead, one woman one man, one in custody who is a "suspect" but police won't confirm they were actually related to the shootings.

Also, FBI has walked back it's language saying they are "open to the possibility of it being terrorism...." [tinfoil]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
Set up?  Leave Mad As Hell over an opening prayer?
Return for the planned jih@d

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 10:00:02 PM »
I still can't shake the feeling that person(s) unknown are pushing, inciting folks to go ape and do these shootings. As weird as that sounds, the frequency of these mass shootings are almost beyond comprehension. I know their are crazy *expletive deleted*ers out and about, but damn, it's like they had meeting and decided on a almost "once a month" shooting.

Yeah, I got the same needle flickering...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
Assuming this is the same dude, he got quite the pay raise from 2012 to 2013.

http://state-employees.findthedata.com/l/7981418/Syed-R-Farook
Formerly sumpnz

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:54 PM »
Naaa   Understand that may by typical for clean/green careers in the state government of California.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
Seriously?  Every time there is a terror attack, someone here races to blame it on Muslims and then to use the event to talk about how all Muslims should be kicked out of America or are part of the conspiracy.   This has been the case even when the terrorist turned out to be in fact be an anti-Muslim crusader in Norway.

How you people can't see that what's happening here is exactly what you do to Muslims is beyond me. 

I'll just leave this here...

You forgot this part....

Multiple bad guys acting in concert screams ISIS/Al Qaeda types.

The target selection makes me think wannabe splinter groups - what kind of political statement does attacking a state social services group make?  Did one of them see a poster and think "a ha!"?   

;/ ;/ ;/ ;/ ;/

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »

The *expletive deleted*ing ghouls are already feasting:
Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
I refuse to accept this as normal. We must take action to stop gun violence now. -H twitter.com/nytimes/status…

Quite right, Mrs. Clinton.

So how's about we stop importing terrorists under the guise of "refugees"? How's about we close our borders, arm the flippin' militia, and let people defend themselves?

I looked at one of the photos from the [aftermath] scene, and all I could think of was the truism that the police can't protect us, all they can do is show up after the fact and write reports.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 11:12:41 PM »
Multiple bad guys acting in concert screams ISIS/Al Qaeda types.

The target selection makes me think wannabe splinter groups - what kind of political statement does attacking a state social services group make?  Did one of them see a poster and think "a ha!"?   

How DARE you rush to implicate Islamic terrorism in this! What kind of terrible person are you , anyways?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »
Quite right, Mrs. Clinton.

So how's about we stop importing terrorists under the guise of "refugees"? How's about we close our borders, arm the flippin' militia, and let people defend themselves?

I looked at one of the photos from the [aftermath] scene, and all I could think of was the truism that the police can't protect us, all they can do is show up after the fact and write reports.

I want Ted Cruz, or anybody, to tell Clinton/Obama/et al that we don't want a single refugee in country until we've done away with all the stupid laws against self-defense. Let our service members carry guns. Burn all the red tape between the citizen and the full-auto SBR silenced machine gun. Restore the full right to bear arms, from coast to coast. No permits. No gun free zones.

Then, when they ask us why we feel the need to openly carry sawed-off machine guns, with fixed bayonets, and 500-round belts on the feed-trays (or just LC9s), we'll say, "Paris. San Bernadino. That's why. You morons."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:16:55 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2015, 12:12:50 AM »
Wow. CAIR came out and made a statement about this incident. I've never know that to happen, an actual press conference statement. So, most likely someone with stroke called CAIR and just said " look, this incident is Islamic terrorism. It will be announced soon. And you know, you guys have never actually took a stand publicly, so this might be s good time. Since after the announcement there will be a lot of pissed off Americans."

Abraham Lincoln

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »
Jeez. Police response time for the shooting today was 4 min. And the cop giving the briefing thinks that is good. Slapping himself on the back. One can do a lot of shooting in 4 min.

The are stressing that Farooq was a county employee. I can see the workplace violence angle being served up.

Abraham Lincoln

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 01:25:58 AM »
The two dead suspects are Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik.  Apparently they were married.

From http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-involved-calif-massacre-identified-article-1.2453471

Longtime neighbors in Riverside were shocked to hear Farook could be involved with such a brutal attack.

“He was quiet but always polite,” Maria Gutierrez told The News. “Maybe two years ago he became more religious. He grew a beard and started to wear religious clothing. The long shirt that’s like a dress and the cap on his head.”
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 02:05:01 AM »
Jeez. Police response time for the shooting today was 4 min. And the cop giving the briefing thinks that is good. Slapping himself on the back. One can do a lot of shooting in 4 min.

The are stressing that Farooq was a county employee. I can see the workplace violence angle being served up.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 03:50:19 AM »
False Flag OP?  Not ready to go there just yet. However I do believe that person(s) unknown are behind this using idiots, mentally unstable people and giving them the "push" needed for them to go off. All to shape the optics to be able to get gun control.  The frequency of these shootings is just too suspect.

You ain't the only one.  I found this on the Hawaiian firearms site:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=21171.0

And it's been brought up before.  Problem is, without dedicated digging, it can't be proven for quite a while.  Easy deniability for the actors --and they are prone to drop the "conspiracy theory" card, which tends to stifle discussion.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:49:11 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 04:35:25 AM »
Would be interesting to get more information on the weapons used and where they came from.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »
The third shooter notion has just about disappeared, despite multiple eyewitness accounts of there being three people shooting.  This will make it much easier to spin this event as "workplace violence" given the main shooter worked at the place he shot up.  The Islamic terrorism angle will be eliminated from the narrative.
If a third shooter is finally found, especially if he is captured alive, that would support the terrorism angle.  So he won't be found. Or, if he is, he will be found dead or killed in a shootout.
My cynicism is operating in full force this morning.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2015, 07:32:50 AM »
I've been a .gov employee at some level my entire adult life. And I find it hard to believe that there is a conspiracy to this level and breadth.  I have never known any competence at secrecy, especially with so many people as would need to be involved here.  We're talking about hundreds of people, if not thousands, who would have some level of inside knowledge, yet none of this knowledge has leaked.

That said, I'll also admit that I keep reading about theories because, like someone said, my needle is shaking.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

brimic

• friends
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
The third shooter notion has just about disappeared, despite multiple eyewitness accounts of there being three people shooting.  This will make it much easier to spin this event as "workplace violence" given the main shooter worked at the place he shot up.  The Islamic terrorism angle will be eliminated from the narrative.
If a third shooter is finally found, especially if he is captured alive, that would support the terrorism angle.  So he won't be found. Or, if he is, he will be found dead or killed in a shootout.
My cynicism is operating in full force this morning.

They have a 3rd in custody.... they probably quietly shuffled him away to another country and are currently waterboarding him and pulling his fingernails out right now. We'll never hear about him again.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama