Author Topic: Chicago PD return gun used in self defense.  (Read 2096 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Chicago PD return gun used in self defense.
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:46:52 AM »
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Concealed+carry+gun+owner+who+opened+fire+gets+his+gun+back&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB

The Chicago Uber driver that shot and killed an armed assailant last April has just had his gun returned to him. I'm pretty sure that's a sign of the Apocalypse.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:25:29 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Chicago PD return gun used in self defense.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:05:01 AM »
Must subscribe to read.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 10:18:07 AM »
well...its a start.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
This is at least tangentially related . . .

When I was a kid attending elementary school in Chicago, every now and then a Chicago cop would come to our school (they called it the "Officer Friendly" program) and go from classroom to classroom telling us about various legal issues.

One time he showed pictures of the many, many guns police had taken from bad guys. When he opened the floor to questions, I asked "You have thousands and thousands of guns securely locked up - HOW MANY OF THE BAD GUYS DO YOU STILL LOCKED UP JUST AS SECURELY?"

The cop admitted that most of the bad guys were no longer in jail.

So I followed up with a question "So your policy is to punish the inanimate objects and release the bad guys? If you're serious about crime fighting, don't you think you have things backwards?"

At that point, the teacher (a nun!!) stepped in and scolded me for asking hard questions.  ;/    Being a kid, I DID shut up . . . but the nun was a might irritated that I laughed at her scolding.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 03:34:33 PM »
You were mighty articulate for such a young lad.  =|  [tinfoil]

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »
You were mighty articulate for such a young lad.  =|  [tinfoil]
Thanks . . . but usually I was called something less complementary. (Smart-aleck . . . and worse. ;)  )

But then again, back in those days, we weren't used to communicating in 140 characters or less.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 09:13:16 PM »
I'd take it to a gunsmith for a complete check-out as I would assume the cops sabotaged it in some way.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:36:30 PM »
Thanks . . . but usually I was called something less complementary. (Smart-aleck . . . and worse. ;)  )

But then again, back in those days, we weren't used to communicating in 140 characters or less.

I still don't buy that you were talking like that in grade school. So I don't believe your story ever happened.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »

I still don't buy that you were talking like that in grade school. So I don't believe your story ever happened.
I'm going to lie awake at night worrying about how to convince you.

Not.

;)