Author Topic: Looks Like an Executive Order on Guns is Coming  (Read 7115 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Looks Like an Executive Order on Guns is Coming
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »
Ha !!!

You guys think silly things like written law, the words of the Constitution, and case law will stop him.

I present as evidence all the "changes" he's made to Obamacare, despite the actual wording of the law, not to mention all the other shenanigans he's done with recess appointments and others.  

Please.  He has a pen and phone, he feels that he's not constrained be such petty things as laws.

Add to that his fining BP one billion dollars for the Gulf oil spill. Presidents can't levy fines. Only courts can. And BP got off cheap. I don't think anyone ever challenged him on that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
First, no one knows what is in Obamacare so I am not sure we know how he has "changed" that law.  Whatever BP decides to voluntarily do that is on them.  Obama's appointees can easily decide not to issue any more drilling permits to them in the Gulf.  He sort of has them by the balls that way.

I agree to a point.  If Obama makes a declaration about NICS checks not getting a pass after 3 days and all the FFL's fall in line, then the letter of the law may not matter.  I really find it hard to believe that all the FFL's will go along.  I also think if he start denying NICS checks right and left, gun stores will find grounds to sue as he is then directly affecting them.  There is no way word won't get out that he is doing it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »
This thread has been rolling for five days.  Wonder if he's waiting for the next mass shooter situation to grand stand upon...I mean to highlight the need for him to act...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »
This thread has been rolling for five days.  Wonder if he's waiting for the next mass shooter situation to grand stand upon...I mean to highlight the need for him to act...

Apparently he met with Bloomberg today, and the shrew Jarrett said the EO(s) will be out in "short order".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2015, 12:26:36 AM »
Jarrett said the EO(s) will be out in "short order".

". . . just as soon as we can engineer a false flag event.  Oh crap, is this mic still on??"
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2015, 12:38:24 AM »
". . . just as soon as we can engineer another false flag event.  Oh crap, is this mic still on??"

FIFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »
Gotta make sure it is a middle aged white guy this time, not a Muslim.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.