Author Topic: StG 44  (Read 629 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
StG 44
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
Yeah, as much as I would luv, luv, luv,luv to get an original one, and I hear there are quite a few popping up in Syria, between my wallet and the ATF it's simply not to be.

However, few years or so back GSG came out with .22LR version.  IIRC, they wanted somewhere is in the neighborhood of $800 for one.

Just for shits and giggles, I went looking around at pricing.   Under $400 (figure maybe $425 tops, after all is said and done) for a new one, with the wooden shipping crate, from Bud's.  Which makes me wonder if if they will go down even more after the holiday buying insanity ends or if the best time to buy is now....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: StG 44
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:04:28 AM »
You know how this works. If you buy now the price will drop, if you wait they will be gone.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:52:47 AM »
There is a company, don't remember the name off the top of my head, that is coming out with a semi auto copy soon. They will be offering original caliber, as well as modern calibers with modern things like a rail on top. Pretty sure they will be going for way more than $409 though.
The .22 version never really appealed to me, although for $400 I might just need to pick one up.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »
There is a company, don't remember the name off the top of my head, that is coming out with a semi auto copy soon. They will be offering original caliber, as well as modern calibers with modern things like a rail on top. Pretty sure they will be going for way more than $409 though.
The .22 version never really appealed to me, although for $400 I might just need to pick one up.

Hill & Mac Gunworks.  There are some differences internally.  Ian from Forgotten Weapons has a short series of videos on it.  $1800.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
I saw them at a Dunham's store a week ago for around $450.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »
Getting one is an actual rifle caliber would be interesting.  The 22 LR version is just way too large for a 22 rifle IMO.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge