Author Topic: The media and Obama . . .  (Read 871 times)

HankB

• friend
The media and Obama . . .
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »
 . . . the Russian media, that is.

It turns out that "Obama Schmoe" is quite the pop culture expression among Russians - it was even painted in giant letters on a runway in Syrian Latakia.

http://observer.com/2015/12/vulgar-and-racist-anti-obama-rhetoric-inundates-russian-pop-culture/

After reading the story, I realized . . . The Russian media treats Obama the same way American media treated Bush . . . or Trump . . . or just about any Republican.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: The media and Obama . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
That's awful.  Where can I get that calendar?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
Its refreshing when get an article from a media source and can't find anything untrue in it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »
I don't trust Russia or Putin even a bit.

The fact they hate Obama actually is about the only positive thing one can say about Obama.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
I don't trust Russia or Putin even a bit.

The fact they hate Obama actually is about the only positive thing one can say about Obama.

I'm  having a hard time finding the negative side of a massively nationalist country ridiculing a rival's obviously weak,  clownish leader.

Good on RT.

The only difference between them and our troops doing it,  would probably involve a largish dong along with the insult.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »

I'm  having a hard time finding the negative side of a massively nationalist country ridiculing a rival's obviously weak,  clownish leader.

Good on RT.

The only difference between them and our troops doing it would probably involve a largish cartoon dong along with the insult.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
Russia is not a "good guy".

Putin is KGB to the core, otherwise known as the enemy.

*expletive deleted*ck Putin
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:37:46 PM »
Russia is not a "good guy".

Putin is KGB to the core, otherwise known as the enemy.

*expletive deleted*ck Putin

Never said Putin was any sort of good guy.  It's still no surprise when a country actually gives a *expletive deleted*it about itself (except maybe here).  Given the last 30 odd years of Russian history, can you blame them?   I'd compare it to Hitler's ascendance,  but I hate using Godwin for comparison.  You don't just kick a proud people while they're down and expect them to take it when they rebound.