Author Topic: Trey Gowdy on Due Process and No Fly List  (Read 913 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trey Gowdy on Due Process and No Fly List
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
Part of the same committee interview of the same DHS employee that's linked in another thread, but I thought Gowdy's questioning here was excellent and deserving of its own thread:

https://youtu.be/DNDcd1Fe5lg
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
Re: Trey Gowdy on Due Process and No Fly List
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »
Its great theatre, but last I checked, the DHS is still 'in power.'
Gowdy puts on a great show, but the former head of the IRS, head of the BATFE, Eric Holder, and Obama still walk free in this country. Lots of barking, but no teeth. To be fair, Gowdy is probably sincere, but he would never be able to get the neocons in congress on board to actually stop abuses of our constitutional rights.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »
Gowdy is a blowhard. He is good entertainment value, being the poster boy for the "look, see, we are doing something" (something is defined as political masterbation). It's political theater, window dressing for the idiot monkeys. It's meaningless.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »
Ms. Unpronounceable-last-name was clearly unprepared and in WAAAAAAAAY over her head at that hearing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:21:27 PM »
Ms. Unpronounceable-last-name was clearly unprepared and in WAAAAAAAAY over her head at that hearing.

As was hinted in the comments, 'twas probably her head that landed her that job.   :laugh:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
This guy got owned too.... he's now collecting a fat federal pension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avfm2urqdHM
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 09:35:25 AM »
. . . Gowdy puts on a great show, but the former head of the IRS, head of the BATFE, Eric Holder, and Obama still walk free in this country. Lots of barking, but no teeth . . .
So he's following in the footsteps of the noisy but ultimately ineffectual Darrell Issa.  =(

Seriously, if the admin can simply ignore committee subpoenas, contempt citations, etc., then why even waste money on hearings and investigations that are nothing more than political theater?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
So he's following in the footsteps of the noisy but ultimately ineffectual Darrell Issa.  =(

Seriously, if the admin can simply ignore committee subpoenas, contempt citations, etc., then why even waste money on hearings and investigations that are nothing more than political theater?
Because then not only would they not be doing anything, they'd look like they were doing nothing. Everyone likes a good circus after all.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.