Author Topic: Cleveland grand jury  (Read 3365 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Cleveland grand jury
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 06:04:20 PM »
There's some potential that the Wisconsin Steven Avery case might blow up on the national scene in a HUGE way, even bigger than the #BLM has. I guess, yeah, the people #BLM are upset about are dead, OTOH, one can at least argue bad decisions in split seconds, heat of the moment stuff etc. A far cry from...

There's a documentary on Netflix, Making a Murderer in 10 parts, that's been filmed over 10 years, and there's at least a possibility the county of Manitowoc has framed him for rape/murder TWICE. He was exonerated by DNA in 2003 after serving 18 years for a rape he did not commit, and there's evidence the Manitowoc Sheriff's Dept and DA suppressed/ignored exculpatory evidence, and that the man actually responsible went on to rape/attack 3 more women in that time.

Then, just a few years after his release, he was arrested and convicted for the murder of Theresa Halbach, a photographer for Auto Trader that came to take pictures of a car for sale at his family junkyard and then disappeared. Later her car was found on his property, and bone fragments in his burn pit. But it gets weird from there...

And it's starting to blow up in viral fashion. Obviously, the documentary has it's own agenda and angle to it, but it's clear that Avery and his nephew have been screwed, even just in the most basic standards of "presumption of innocence" and "reasonable doubt" .

Curious on Brimic's (Bedlamite? Both of you? Jeez I'm such a tard... sorry...) take, as he lives in that area. While I'm just a city-slicker in the Milwaukee Metro.  :-X
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 09:48:46 PM »
There's some potential that the Wisconsin Steven Avery case might blow up on the national scene in a HUGE way, even bigger than the #BLM has.

OK, I had some smart-aleck responses to that, but they just don't express it well enough. Let me put it this way - NO.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
There's some potential that the Wisconsin Steven Avery case might blow up on the national scene in a HUGE way, even bigger than the #BLM has. I guess, yeah, the people #BLM are upset about are dead, OTOH, one can at least argue bad decisions in split seconds, heat of the moment stuff etc. A far cry from...

There's a documentary on Netflix, Making a Murderer in 10 parts, that's been filmed over 10 years, and there's at least a possibility the county of Manitowoc has framed him for rape/murder TWICE. He was exonerated by DNA in 2003 after serving 18 years for a rape he did not commit, and there's evidence the Manitowoc Sheriff's Dept and DA suppressed/ignored exculpatory evidence, and that the man actually responsible went on to rape/attack 3 more women in that time.

Then, just a few years after his release, he was arrested and convicted for the murder of Theresa Halbach, a photographer for Auto Trader that came to take pictures of a car for sale at his family junkyard and then disappeared. Later her car was found on his property, and bone fragments in his burn pit. But it gets weird from there...

And it's starting to blow up in viral fashion. Obviously, the documentary has it's own agenda and angle to it, but it's clear that Avery and his nephew have been screwed, even just in the most basic standards of "presumption of innocence" and "reasonable doubt" .

Curious on Brimic's (Bedlamite? Both of you? Jeez I'm such a tard... sorry...) take, as he lives in that area. While I'm just a city-slicker in the Milwaukee Metro.  :-X

I saw the first 5 or so episodes of the series, it changed my opinion of him at least for the first crime- its pretty clear that the police chief/DA/Judge were corrupt and railroaded him. As far as the  rape/murder- I'm not convinced of his innocence, though there was definitely a huge incentive for the police to plant evidence and lead the low IQ nephew into a contrived confession.

FWIW, I have no ties to Manitowok (Closest I've lived to there was sheboygan) nor do I have any man on the street viewpoint of the issue.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama