Author Topic: Meat  (Read 12434 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Meat
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »
Take a look at Traeger grills. I'm probably going to get one with my tax refund. I have a couple of friends with them and I haven't eaten a bad piece of meat from them.

This is the one I am considering

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/pro-series/lil-tex.html?dwvar_lil-tex_color=BRZ#start=3

Also if you know how to use charcoal you can slow cook/smoke on a Weber kettle grill.

Thanks for the tip!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »
"Did some steaks too, but not going to post pictures out of shame.  I got caught up kicking an 8 year olds ass in HALO (I might have that backwards) and forgot about them.  Was going to pull off the smoker at 110 and then sear to finish.  Instead pulled them off at 145."

.41 Magsnub killed the cow!

YOU BASTARD!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
Did someone say MEAT?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »
Oh, my gosh, look at the bark and burnt ends on that. My favorite part.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
Did someone say MEAT?

Are those cats? They do look pretty good. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
Just some of my piggies. From three different animals IIRC.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
Speaking of piggies, took this little feller to see my friend Jack the Butcher this morning.

347# of porklisious goodness.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 12:05:49 PM »
Speaking of piggies, took this little feller to see my friend Jack the Butcher this morning.

Poor guy "almost" looks too happy for him to become such delicious goodness.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »
My 9YO daughter wants a pet pig so she can name it 'Bacon.'  >:D

Barack Obama

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:43 PM »
Bbbbbut meat is murder....

<snort> <choke> ......

Bwahahahahahah!
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »
meat is murder....

Tasty, tasty murder......Mmmmmmbacon....

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2016, 12:51:01 PM »
Moar murder!

Barack Obama

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
But he's cute!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
But he's cute!

By this time he was cute.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

[/URL]

Some pig.
"It's good, though..."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
How big were the piggies in the BBQ pics?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2016, 11:33:17 PM »
Those were in 75-150# on the hoof range. I had planned to do one like that again but the pig for that project had other ideas and decided to die rather unexpectedly one night. I'll probably wait till early fall to get any more bacon seeds. I prefer feeding them out in cooler weather. I started with this batch in July and that puts butcher time during peak deer season when the slaughter house I use is swamped and won't accept anything but deer or "emergencies".

Samuel Adams

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »
Pork Butt:
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
Those were in 75-150# on the hoof range. I had planned to do one like that again but the pig for that project had other ideas and decided to die rather unexpectedly one night. I'll probably wait till early fall to get any more bacon seeds. I prefer feeding them out in cooler weather. I started with this batch in July and that puts butcher time during peak deer season when the slaughter house I use is swamped and won't accept anything but deer or "emergencies".

I picked up 2 "pig in a poke" that turned out to have some potbelly ancestry so I don't expect them to get much over 150 by the time I butcher @ 6 or so months. That' why I asked.
   I'm picking up three this weekend that will be butchered early July. That makes them easy to scrape but hard to cool. the last two were butchered during a cold snap in December. Made the water to dip them tough to keep @ temperature.
 I do my own butchering from dip to freezer (with some help from sons & neighbors)  so I don't depend on a slaughter house but I need to put together some kind of large cooler.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
I could DIY it but I wouldn't do nearly as good a job as the pros. I also don't really have an effective way to dispose of the "residue".  And, I dont have the tools to process it, slicer, grinder and such. Worth it to me to drop off the animal and bring it home cured, smoked, sliced and vaccum packed.

Samuel Adams

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 07:36:27 PM »
There's a bunch of folks here that feel the same way. My Dad was a butcher & I feel like I'm carrying on the family tradition. I'm not a butcher by trade but I enjoy it and @ a dollar a pound hanging weight I'll enjoy it some more.
 I've been doing deer for years have been collecting equipment for what seems like forever but the curing and smoking is all new to me.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Meat
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2016, 02:45:30 PM »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
That'll do pig.

Samuel Adams

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2016, 10:55:15 AM »
Last weekend:  Brisket, jalapeno poppers, and sausage stuffed poblano peppers.

Served the brisket with smoked/roasted garlic mashed yukon gold potatoes and sauteed green beans with bacon.  There were no leftovers.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 05:54:23 PM »
This weekend..  chicken.

Yesterday I made sweet chilli whole muscle chicken jerky out of some frozen chicken breasts found in the back of the freezer just starting to freezer burn.

Today..  thighs and drumsticks: