Author Topic: Hillary in a free fall?  (Read 25635 times)

dm1333

• friend
Re: Hillary in a free fall?
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »
Meanwhile,  Obama's boy over at the Pentagon is looking at demoting Petraeus retroactively and reduce his pension for mishandling classified information (which IIRC was his schedule/itinerary) 

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/01/20/mccain-petraeus-demotion-rumors/79074638/

I'm good with that.  It wasn't just his schedule, either.

In a court document, Gen. Petraeus admitted to sharing “black books”—which contained his schedule and personal notes from his time as commander of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, with whom he said he had an extramarital affair. The black books contained sensitive, classified information about the identities of covert officers, secret operations and military strategy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-cia-director-petraeus-to-plead-guilty-to-misdeameanor-over-mishandling-classified-information-1425400413

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
What Petraeus did was also wrong, and he should not be immune from punishment for it. A question, though, is whether he has perhaps already been punished enough?

Despite the fact that he did break the law (or violate regulations, which is effectively the same), I would say it's not in the same class as what Hillary did. Petraeus allowed one person -- who was a military officer and who almost certainly had at least a SECRET, if not TOP SECRET, clearance (but, admittedly, not a need to know) -- to see physical books. Unless the books, which nobody knew she had, were physically stolen from her, they were not exposed to foreign agents.

Hillary, on the other hand, placed unknown numbers of highly classified documents on an unsecured, uncontrolled server, passing them to said unsecured server through unsecured data paths, often passing them through aids who may or may not have had security clearances but who certainly did not have a need to know and thus should not have had any access to said documents, thereby exposing the classified information to numerous foreign entities over an extended period of time.

Which had the potential for greater harm?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »
She explained today why her speaking fees are so high. It's because people want to hear about her part in the raid on Bin Laden. And I thought Bloomberg was insane.  ;/

http://twitchy.com/2016/01/24/wow-just-wow-hillarys-explanation-for-large-speaking-fees-is-beyond-the-beyonds/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
What Petraeus did was also wrong, and he should not be immune from punishment for it. A question, though, is whether he has perhaps already been punished enough?

Despite the fact that he did break the law (or violate regulations, which is effectively the same), I would say it's not in the same class as what Hillary did. Petraeus allowed one person -- who was a military officer and who almost certainly had at least a SECRET, if not TOP SECRET, clearance (but, admittedly, not a need to know) -- to see physical books. Unless the books, which nobody knew she had, were physically stolen from her, they were not exposed to foreign agents.

Hillary, on the other hand, placed unknown numbers of highly classified documents on an unsecured, uncontrolled server, passing them to said unsecured server through unsecured data paths, often passing them through aids who may or may not have had security clearances but who certainly did not have a need to know and thus should not have had any access to said documents, thereby exposing the classified information to numerous foreign entities over an extended period of time.

Which had the potential for greater harm?

You can't compare them to each other though.  Different circumstances in each situation.   While I don't think Petraeus should be in jail I also am not happy that he kept all those stars.  Hillary?  I don't have all the facts but I could see criminal charges for her and possibly some of her aids.  I certainly hope she gets her day in court.   [popcorn]

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »
Her indian name is Lieawatha Fauxcahontas

Dances with Donors...
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:49 PM »
With any luck she'll be known as Pokeyhauntess.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2016, 09:57:24 PM »
Funny comment in Ben's post 102 link:

Brutus Maximus  ‎@BRVTVSMAXIMVS  

So does that mean if congress pays her six-figures she'll talk about her role in the Benghazi raid?  

LOL, is all I can say.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2016, 07:16:17 AM »

She just got a major endorsement.

In handwritten letters to hundreds of supporters and curiosity seekers, Unabomber Ted Kaczynski expressed shock over the 9/11 attacks and wrote that he preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic presidential race.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/report-details-unabombers-handwritten-prison-correspondence/ar-BBoEDl6?ocid=ansmsnnews11
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2016, 07:26:43 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
Speaking of unequal protection under the law, or maybe "it's legal when my team does it"...

Why is it that the DemProgLefties don't stop to consider what might be the fate of the Republic if a President Santorum decided which laws the DOJ would enforce?  If Secretary of State Palin got a pass on email security violations?  If Attorney General Huckabee made the same sort of boneheaded decisions as Eric Holder?

Honest to God, this whole "Congress isn't doing its job, so I've got to." "I've got a phone and a pen" attitude sets precedent that jeopardizes our whole Constitutional system.  Can they not appreciate this?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
Speaking of unequal protection under the law, or maybe "it's legal when my team does it"...

Why is it that the DemProgLefties don't stop to consider what might be the fate of the Republic if a President Santorum decided which laws the DOJ would enforce?  If Secretary of State Palin got a pass on email security violations?  If Attorney General Huckabee made the same sort of boneheaded decisions as Eric Holder?

Honest to God, this whole "Congress isn't doing its job, so I've got to." "I've got a phone and a pen" attitude sets precedent that jeopardizes our whole Constitutional system.  Can they not appreciate this?

I'm not so sure they don't want President Santorum and AG Huckabee to be overbearing and abusive of civil liberties. I think a lot of them just loved all the angst of protesting President Bushitler and John Ashcroft. And for the politicians themselves, it fuels their fear-mongering. That's half of what got Obama elected. The other half being race.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
It's because the Left has always been a pathology/ideology of "the ends justify the means".

It's how Hitler, Stalin, Mao happened, and Bill Clinton "It's just sex!" too.

It's just a matter of degree.

When you're obsessed with what you perceive as the well being or rights of groups,  any sort of transgression against individuals,  smaller groups, the rule of law,  or just simple ethics becomes easier when put up against "the greater good".

Hillary is going to do all sorts of good things for women,  brown people,  babies,  heath care, puppies, gays etc. that it doesn't matter that she's broken laws that would get any regular person federal prison for a thousandth of the same transgression.
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
I think the left knows that, despite them setting precedents, the right would never do the same thing. They'd be afraid of being called names by the media.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2016, 05:50:07 PM »
:D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:45 PM »
Honest to God, this whole "Congress isn't doing its job, so I've got to." "I've got a phone and a pen" attitude sets precedent that jeopardizes our whole Constitutional system.  Can they not appreciate this?

Appreciate it? They RELISH it.

You seem to be forgetting that they hate the Constitution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »
DOD updates OPSEC rules: ;)

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/01/opsec-doesnt-apply-to-everyone/

I keep forgetting the duffleblog is a satirical site.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »
I keep forgetting the duffleblog is a satirical site.

So does Washington.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2016, 06:28:19 PM »
So. Can Obama pardon people before they are convicted? I'm assuming he won't let Lynch indict Hillary. Can we possibly have a Republican president come in and start seeing indictments for Hillary, Lerner, and others?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
It begins.  The White House and Obama's team are floating the idea of no indictments for Hillary.  This is not surprising in the least.
Story here at the Weekly Standard.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2016, 06:50:38 PM »
It begins.  The White House and Obama's team are floating the idea of no indictments for Hillary.  This is not surprising in the least.
Story here at the Weekly Standard.

Sadly funny considering the gov has now said some of the latest batch of emails are so sensitive that they can't even release them redacted or they would put lives and ops at risk. 

Meanwhile, her spokesman has said that they have gone over the emails and it's all a case of "overclassification". Which likely means that he and several others without clearances have read compartmentalized information.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »
I wonder how much this will affect what and when DOD and the intel services share with State in the future.

It's already pretty well known that the White House and Congress can't keep their mouth shut, so don't tell them anything important if you can help it.  State Dep might get added to that list.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »
Image below shows a classified email between Bleumenthal and Clinton. They redacted the text, but not the "get your credit score" ad at the bottom of the email, which apparently passed through AOL.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:48 AM »
Due to her leading involvement in planning and carrying out the the overthrow of governments in Libya and Syria, by the arming and funding of head-chopping "rebels", from which "terrorist" groups have spawned (they are the one and same  ;/), as brought to light by events such as Benghazi, it has aptly been suggested that Hillary be dubbed the "Mother of ISIS".  

She certainly was expressing great joy by stating "we came, we saw, he died!" with her sardonic laughter after her winged monkeys captured, beat, sodomized and executed Ghaddafi, the very man who warned us that what we were witnessing wasn't an uprising of angry Libyan citizens but an "Al Qaeda" surge THAT WE WERE SUPPORTING. He was a POS but he wasn't lying.

How does it make you feel knowing that the next terrorist attack could very well be carried out by terrorists who received funding from our security agencies and training from our very own Special Forces thanks to people such as her? Unsecured emails are the least of her misdeeds.

Have a nice day  =)
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2016, 04:16:35 PM »
Every damned serious security shinola-storm I have been party to or felt the impact from was caused by some *expletive deleted*head civilian in government employ.  They are either too ignorant to play with classified data or don't think the rules apply to them. 

As far as Hillary's email server, the classified data on it, and the means it got on there; I think she needs to spend her retirement busting large rocks into smaller rocks.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton