Author Topic: Elderly Woman Killed; 3 APD Officers Wounded  (Read 6377 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Elderly Woman Killed; 3 APD Officers Wounded
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 04:15:40 AM »
Wow.  The APD is screwed!  Now the informant they used to justify the raid is saying he was told to lie about buying drugs at the old lady's house.  Balko has the details at www.theagitator.com.

So, did the cops get him to lie, or is he lying now? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 06:13:10 AM »
Wow.  The APD is screwed!  Now the informant they used to justify the raid is saying he was told to lie about buying drugs at the old lady's house.  Balko has the details at www.theagitator.com.

So, did the cops get him to lie, or is he lying now? 
Doesn't really matter, either way. 
From Balko: 
Attack the informant's credibility and you admit that you conducted a high-risk, forced-entry raid based entirely on a tip from an informant you now say is unreliable. You admit you did no corroborating investigation. You admit you didn't even send an officer to check to see if the informant was right about, for example, an external surveillance system. And all of this ineptitude led to the death of an innocent woman, not to mention to three officers getting wounded.

And that's if the guy's lying about the cover-up. If he's telling the truth? Now you're talking about a major-league *expletive deleted*it storm. If this guy's telling the truth, not only did the officers originally investigating this case lie, but the officers investigating after the shooting then lied to cover it up. That means you not only have corruption problems with your narcotics officers, but you have problems with your internal affairs unit, the cops who are charged with investigating the other officers.

In another update, it looks as though the judge's signature may have been forged the warrants.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 06:34:54 AM »
That's a whole lot of impopriety for one drug raid.  What was the ulterior motive for such antics?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:39 AM »
In another update, it looks as though the judge's signature may have been forged the warrants.
WTF!?  Do you have a link for that?

What was the ulterior motive for such antics?
Glory and promotion are the first ones that come to mind, unless the deceased had a sizable bank account that could be seized under the repugnant asset forfeiture laws.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2006, 07:05:08 AM »
Nobody has been able to determine if Fulton County uses an electronic system for warrants, which would make the signatures irrelevant.  So, this issue may be a non-issue.

Here's a link to the warrant.
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/pdf/searchwarrant.pdf

Here's a link to the article about the informant.
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2006/11/27/1127metshoot_html.html

In a bit of good news, the CoP there has brought the FBI and GBI to investigate as well as suspending 7 narcotics officers
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.