Author Topic: Werner MT-26 ladder  (Read 718 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Werner MT-26 ladder
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »
When I moved from the two-story house to the rambler, I left my two extension ladders at the old house as a gift to the new owner, since he had no ladders.  I had been getting by at the new house with my old Krause USA 16-ft multimatic ladder that I bought at Home Depot 25 years ago or so.  I have been cautious about using it, since they were recalled back in the late 90's due to some hinge-lock failures and the company went out of business.

But it was not long enough to reach some sections of the house, which are two stories from the ground due to the slope of the lot.  So I did some research and my wife bought me a Werner MT-26 as a special order from Lowe's.  I have had it only for a few days, but it seems to be pretty slick.  Very adjustable, seems solid as an A-frame or extension ladder, but holy moly is it heavy and hard to maneuver as an extension ladder.  At $249, it was cheaper than the Little Giant, which seems to be out of stock on the 26 foot models.  I will be interested to keep using it, but so far, so good.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Werner MT-26 ladder
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »
I have one of the Werner ladders (mines not quite as tall) and I like it a lot, or well as much as I can like a ladder (I *expletive deleted*ing hate ladders with a passion).

Heavy but damn solid.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:16:56 AM »
I've got a Werner 24 foot that I bought last year.  Also heavy, but very solid.  It's even more stable than my 16 foot aluminum extension ladder.
I used it to put up Christmas lights this year, and felt safer at greater heights than I did with my shorter aluminum extension ladder.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »
Maybe it's me, but I've never much cared for the hinged multi-position ladders I've been on.

I have standard extension ladders (just bought a 32 foot last year), and standard step ladders.

Ladder stabilizer was one of my best purchases for doing homeowner type work.  And, I love my Werner 3 foot step ladder.  Handy as heck inside.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 10:59:47 AM »
Maybe it's me, but I've never much cared for the hinged multi-position ladders I've been on.

Same, Though I own one and frequently use it to get to my roof and gutters.  The joints hold, but there is a disturbingly large amount of play in them.