Author Topic: For all you Rick Perry fans  (Read 1107 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
For all you Rick Perry fans
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:51:27 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/rick-perry-endorses-ted-cruz-218170

He's made a very clear case for Senator Cruz. My favorite part of the endorsement:

Perry said he found the senator to be a good listener who respects the Tenth Amendment [and] “knows what he does not know”...

(I left out the part about Cruz being more conservative than Trump because that's a no-brainer.)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: For all you Rick Perry fans
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »
I like what he said about Cruz.  I don't usually pay attention to endorsements, but this better than most.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
Perry said he found the senator to be a good listener who respects the Tenth Amendment

So he's a racist.  ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:27:34 AM »
So he's a racist.  ;)

And at war with women.
"It's good, though..."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
That's a surprise. I figured he'd go for Rubio or another establishment candidate. Not that a Perry endorsement brings much to the table.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
Best comment on this I read elsewhere:

"Rick Perry had 3 reasons for endorsing Cruz: 1st, he's a fellow Texan; 2nd, he's not Donald Trump; and 3rd, ummm...uh... Ooops?"

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »
Perry is in the middle, ideologically, between Cruz and Rubio.  Sure did know how to pummel Democrats into unrecognizable goo.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »
So what job is he applying for in the Cruz administration?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
So what job is he applying for in the Cruz administration?

Yoteshooter. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 04:10:15 PM »
Yoteshooter. 

.... are they taking applications for that position?

MechAg94

• friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 04:45:42 PM »
That's a surprise. I figured he'd go for Rubio or another establishment candidate. Not that a Perry endorsement brings much to the table.....
I was going to disagree, but I think you are pretty close.  I liked Perry, but I was concerned that if he won that he would get swayed by the big money establishment types once in DC. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »
“knows what he does not know”...

I had an old prof in Jr. College who like to say that "Knowledge is when you know that you don't know."

If that statement about Cruz is accurate, it means his stock just went up as far as I'm concerned and I already like him.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:15 PM »
Quoting Thomas Sowell: It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.

Such an attitude would be a refreshing change from our Dear Leader's belief in his omniscience.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.