Author Topic: One More Down  (Read 968 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
One More Down
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »
Carly Fiorina just suspended her campaign. I still can't believe Bush and Christie did better than she did on numbers. I think Christie will be out next though.

This campaign was always about citizenship—taking back our country from a political class that only serves the big, the powerful, the wealthy, and the well connected. Election after election, the same empty promises are made and the same poll-tested stump speeches are given, but nothing changes. I've said throughout this campaign that I will not sit down and be quiet. I'm not going to start now. While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them.

Our Republican Party must fight alongside these Americans as well. We must end crony capitalism by fighting the policies that allow it to flourish. We must fix our festering problems by holding our bloated, inept government bureaucracy accountable. Republicans must stand for conservative principles that lift people up and recognize all Americans have the right to fulfill their God-given potential.

To young girls and women across the country, I say: do not let others define you. Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you're a woman. That is not feminism. Feminism doesn't shut down conversations or threaten women. It is not about ideology. It is not a weapon to wield against your political opponent. A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts. And always remember that a leader is not born, but made. Choose leadership.

As I have said to the many wonderful Americans I have met throughout this campaign, a leader is a servant whose highest calling is to unlock potential in others. I will continue to serve in order to restore citizen government to this great nation so that together we may fulfill our potential.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: One More Down
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:37:15 PM »
Christie just announced that he is out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
I really liked Carly. Mostly I just wanted to see her debate Hillary. >:D
Maybe she would be a good VP candidate.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »
Christie just announced that he is out.

That's disappointing.

Not because I want him to win, I just want him to continue to be an attack dog on Rubio.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 03:49:57 PM »
That's disappointing.

Not because I want him to win, I just want him to continue to be an attack dog on Rubio.

This.  He beat on Rubio like a rojo-headed stepchild.  Kinda fun to watch a paper tiger crumple.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »
Carly Fiorina just suspended her campaign. I still can't believe Bush and Christie did better than she did on numbers. I think Christie will be out next though.

Why was she not in the debate a few days ago?
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »
Why was she not in the debate a few days ago?

Her poll numbers didn't make the cut.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?