Author Topic: Blow gun control coming  (Read 1042 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Blow gun control coming
« on: February 14, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »

HankB

• friend
Re: Blow gun control coming
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »
A generation or two back, blowguns were considered to be silent and untraceable - probably the only reason we didn't hear more about their (mis)use was the unavailability of things like curare or inee.

Today it would seem that, thanks to modern DNA testing, even small amounts of saliva on the back of a blowgun dart would make the projectile very traceable.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
Today it would seem that, thanks to modern DNA testing, even small amounts of saliva on the back of a blowgun dart would make the projectile very traceable.
Compressed air does work well too. Not as convenient, but an option.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 01:26:36 PM »
It appears there was also a blowgun incident related to spearing gulls and ducks in SoCal around the same time. It almost sounds like no good rotten teenagers (get off my lawn!), especially given the leg shots. If it were more nefarious I figure they'd be going for COM.

Are there any video games, movies, etc. out right now popular with the youngsters that also feature blowguns?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Since they didn't see them, were they driving by or something?  It isn't like they have a huge range.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »
Possession of a blowgun is already illegal in California:

http://law.justia.com/codes/california/2005/pen/12580-12583.html

Funny how that didn't prevent this incident from occurring.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:39 PM »
Many years ago it would have been mostly acceptable for idiots doing stuff like that to receive an ass whooping when caught by the public. I suspect that if that were still the case today we wouldn't see as much of this kind of jackassery as we do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams