Author Topic: Trump's Qualifications  (Read 11117 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Trump's Qualifications
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 10:48:06 PM »
Errm, the OP was a joke. :lol: 

The fact of the matter is that Trump is a result of the Neo-Liberal/Left Wing/Statist/Oligarchy/Progressive/RINO ruling class.  He is the Fronkenshteen Monster created by The Silent Majority who doesn't give a rat's behind what Trump was/is/will be because they are mightily pissed at the aforementioned N-LLWSOPR ruling class and how they have trampled all over the American Dream.  The blame for his populist disheveled/half-sentence/disorganized boloney rests quite nicely in their laps.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
I think I've heard it on Limbaugh or somewhere several times in the past- you don't win elections by being 'the vote against someone else.' Trump is both the vote against the democrats and a vote against establishment republicans, which makes him a  doubleplusnotgood candidate. He's a frankenstein monster that kicks clueless *let's not go there* rinos in the balls, but in the end, he's still a frankenstein monster.

Everyone says that every election year, but it doesn't apply to Trump. Trump supporters seem to want to vote FOR Trump.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »
Everyone says that every election year, but it doesn't apply to Trump. Trump supporters seem to want to vote FOR Trump.

This. I hear normally rational people parroting his slogans and ignoring his actual past
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
The progressives control of the education system has dumbed down the population so effectively that folks are more readily susceptible to the power of emotional persuasion.  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
This. I hear normally rational people parroting his slogans and ignoring his actual past

Narrative over facts is a hallmark trait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 07:58:13 PM »
I do not like Trump. I am not in the hater class either. undecided whether I would vote for him or abstain. I figure there is a 2% chance Trump becomes a great president because he is mostly an actor and suddenly decides he should act all presidential. There is a zero percent chance on the other two across the fence. Trump may spark a domestic shooting war, but Hillary comes with cattle cars eventually, so come on SMOD!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 08:14:09 PM »
I do not like Trump. I am not in the hater class either.

I'm with you that far. If he makes it to the general, I would vote for him, as I'm enjoying the desperation of the old-line GOP, so far.

As for him provoking a shooting war, LOLwut?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »
I'm still of the opinion that the GOPe will committee suicide before they let Trump (or Cruz) get the nomination.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »
Trump is a CEO.  A bombastic one at that.  He hires COO's.  I see him doing the same thing if President in critical positions.  I don't see him going along with the status quo because his ego couldn't stand the bashing if he fails to shake things up.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:47 PM »

I'm with you that far. If he makes it to the general, I would vote for him, as I'm enjoying the desperation of the old-line GOP, so far.

As for him provoking a shooting war, LOLwut?

The well-funded bombthrowers of the left will make urban areas untenable. Uh, I mean spontaneous peaceful protests will take place peacefully.

Some  evilbitterclingerracistjesus will tire of all this peaceful and shoot a bunch of them completely unprovoked.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 10:34:03 PM »
I do not like Trump. I am not in the hater class either. undecided whether I would vote for him or abstain. I figure there is a 2% chance Trump becomes a great president because he is mostly an actor and suddenly decides he should act all presidential. There is a zero percent chance on the other two across the fence. Trump may spark a domestic shooting war, but Hillary comes with cattle cars eventually, so come on SMOD!

I don't see Trump starting a "domestic shooting war." 
However, I do think there is a possibility Hillary might.
What I wonder about Trump is what he'll do when he finds out that the president cannot simply "order" walls built, illegals deported, Muslims banned, and so forth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 11:09:30 PM »
This primary is null and void due to Godwins Law.

Let's just not replace politicians at all once their terms expire.

[I know I'm a day late]  Godwin's Law only states that in any online discussion, if it goes on long enough eventually someone will make a comparison to Hitler or Nazis.  It does not say anything about the argument being lost at that point; occasionally (perhaps rarely) the comparison is apt.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 04:36:54 AM »
The progressives control of the education system has dumbed down the population so effectively that folks are more readily susceptible to the power of emotional persuasion. 
Amen ++11eleventY !!111YAY.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »
Here's his campaign managers second faux Paul
http://www.weaselzippers.us/262533-trump-defends-campaign-manager-accused-of-pulling-protesters-collar-i-give-him-credit-for-having-spirit/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thinking that Trump will self destruct is a big reason why Trump has made it this far.  Everyone assumed he would say something stupid and his support would evaporate.  Well, he and his people have said and done stuff and his support stayed strong largely because he didn't meekly apologize and bow out.

I admire that determination to not quit, but I wonder how voters will feel come November when all the hundreds of skeletons in his closet get blasted across the public media.  Many of them are not unknown, just people haven't talked about them.

I begin to think he is the Bill Clinton of the Republican Party.  I am not sure what that means if he is elected.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »
If, in the extremely unlikely event, Trump get the nomination I'd really like to see him unload on Hillary about the very public skeletons in her closet the no one talks about- Benghazi, email server, backroom deals to buy the services of Secretary of State, Clinton foundation...

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 07:12:59 PM »
I got a coworker who is a big fan of Trump for president. He has told me time and time again that Trump is acting just like he says he does in his book, Art of the Deal, goes for the extreme position so he can negotiate down to what he really wants.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

birdman

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »
I got a coworker who is a big fan of Trump for president. He has told me time and time again that Trump is acting just like he says he does in his book, Art of the Deal, goes for the extreme position so he can negotiate down to what he really wants.

You don't have to be a trump fan (my choice would be Cruz) to recognize that behavior as a persuasive technique...and one he has wholly admitted to using in the past.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »
Heck, even some Democrats are looking at Trump as the alternative to Hillary.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/19/why-its-time-for-a-trump-revolution/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
You don't have to be a trump fan (my choice would be Cruz) to recognize that behavior as a persuasive technique...and one he has wholly admitted to using in the past.

It's a technique that has been working for the gun control advocates ...

"Why won't you compromise with us just this once? We don't want to take away all your guns, we only want to eliminate assaault weapons semi-automatic handguns large magazines semi-automatic rifles handguns bolt action rifles centerfire firearms shotguns BB guns pictures of firearms ..."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 10:02:28 PM »
He has admitted to using that technique during the campaign. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 11:35:26 PM »
Trumps speech today at AIPAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmINZRwiZU

A real stem winder.

If he is the nominee he will destroy Clinton.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:23:20 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 01:00:43 AM »
Trumps speech today at AIPAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmINZRwiZU

A real stem winder.

If he is the nominee he will destroy Clinton.

Fixed it for you.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic