Author Topic: Anybody need some free (older) RAM?  (Read 929 times)

Nightfall

• friend
Anybody need some free (older) RAM?
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:09:51 AM »
I've got three sticks of 256MB PC-100 SDRAM sittin' here, and haven't had a computer that could use 'em for a good while now. Any APS member have a use for one, two, or all three sticks of this RAM? No charge. Smiley
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Anybody need some free (older) RAM?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »
I may, lemme check the specs on the machines I'm thinking of for pin count

On Edit: Nope, pin counts don't match on the systems I was thinking of.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:28 AM »
Don't need any PC100 SDRAM, but I could sure use a couple of 512MB or 1GB sticks of ECC PC800 RIMM's if anyone has 'em. Has to be in matched pairs, though.

Brad

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

One of Many

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »
Can you zoom in on the lable of the memory?  I have an open memory slot, and I use the DIMM SDRAM 100/133 that has 168 pins (84 per side).  This looks like it may be compatible with my system, but not sure due to lack of detail in photo.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 07:32:25 PM »
Each stick has two notches on the bottom, which indicates 168 pins, right? Anyway, here's your big label pic. Smiley
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

One of Many

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 06:53:42 AM »
I did some checking on the internet, and the RAM looks like it is compatible with my PC.  I already have two sticks of 256MB PC133 installed (slightly faster).  A memory retailer indicates that it is OK to mix the PC100 and the PC133.

I am going to be away for a few days to attend the funeral of my mother, so I don't know if shipping arrangements can be made before I leave.  If someone else is interested in your memory, I won't feel slighted if you send it to them.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 08:10:14 AM »
If you have two sticks already, I imagine that means you have two open slots left? I'll reserve two sticks for you (just let me know if you do have use for the third, though), and when you're ready, just PM me the address you want them mailed to. There's no time limit here. Smiley

So unless One of Many expresses interest in the third one, I have a remaining stick of 256MB PC100 RAM if anybody wants it.

P.S. My sincere condolences on your mother's death.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
Okay, One of Many only needed one stick. So I have two sticks left.

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 03:41:18 AM »
I am always setting up computers for neighbor kids and will always take simple small parts, I will take them please
Brian
<><
:)

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 05:32:20 AM »
Okay, PM me your address, and I'll try to mail them out Monday.