Author Topic: DropBox  (Read 537 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
DropBox
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »
I learned a new job skill!    Needed to send a number of very large photo files, and this program was suggested.  I'll admit it took me all morning to find it, down load it, and learn the basics,  but golly it's a great way to send a ton of data.   

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: DropBox
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:11:07 PM »
I've used both Dropbox and Google Docs. Both work as advertised. Google Docs seems a little easier to deal with for the casual user.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:25 PM »
I learned a new job skill!    Needed to send a number of very large photo files, and this program was suggested.  I'll admit it took me all morning to find it, down load it, and learn the basics,  but golly it's a great way to send a ton of data.   

Very useful, but be aware generally Dropbox has numerous security issues at any given time. It's fine for transferring PDFs you put on the public internet anyways. Very bad idea to use it to transfer anything sensitive.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
RevDisk, that's a given.  Never, ever put anything sensitive out over the internet, if you are worried about a security breach.  For my purposes though, anyone that wants to look at my family reunion pictures is more than welcome.   lol

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Very useful, but be aware generally Dropbox has numerous security issues at any given time. It's fine for transferring PDFs you put on the public internet anyways. Very bad idea to use it to transfer anything sensitive.

So it's OK to PGP encrypt GPL software source code and stick it various places named stuff like "PiratedStuffFromRevDisk" and "RevDisksQuestionablePron" but I shouldn't do that with paid software?  OK.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
And, of course the obligatory

and