Author Topic: Likely Dem and GOP Veeps?  (Read 6555 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Likely Dem and GOP Veeps?
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »
Cruz gets elected, we go back to a full scale war in the middle east because God told him so, he also gets stonewalled by the democrats, they take both houses in 2018, republicans before 2018 are trying to keep their jobs so they don't support him either, we basically get two more years of the last 8. Abortion is still legal and more states allow gay marriages, GOP losses their gains in state and local offices.

Hillary, we go to war somewhere in the middle east again, well because she wants to let everyone know she wears the pants. Rich folks grow richer under her, because that is what Clintons do. More gun control and increase in taxes on the middle class because of reduction in taxes on the wealthy and increased benefits for the poor.

Trump, no wall is built, other than that I don't know what he will bargain down to.

Sanders, gets stonewalled by Congress and Senate, nothing happens, tuition increases, inflation skyrockets. He loses in 2020, think Carter.  

Not much to add so I'll just give it a lame "+1"  I'm still planning to vote Republican in the general election, assuming it's Trump or Cruz.  If they pull some shenanigans at the national convention and run somebody else I will vote Libertarian.
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Cruz gets elected, we go back to a full scale war in the middle east because God told him so, he also gets stonewalled by the democrats, they take both houses in 2018, republicans before 2018 are trying to keep their jobs so they don't support him either, we basically get two more years of the last 8. Abortion is still legal and more states allow gay marriages, GOP losses their gains in state and local offices.

Hillary, we go to war somewhere in the middle east again, well because she wants to let everyone know she wears the pants. Rich folks grow richer under her, because that is what Clintons do. More gun control and increase in taxes on the middle class because of reduction in taxes on the wealthy and increased benefits for the poor.

Trump, no wall is built, other than that I don't know what he will bargain down to.

Sanders, gets stonewalled by Congress and Senate, nothing happens, tuition increases, inflation skyrockets. He loses in 2020, think Carter. 

No way, Jose!  $MY_GUY is a flipping savior worth getting all sore about if the opposition manages to beat $MY_GUY!

I think you are way too optimistic on Sanders.  Some folk thought Carter was as bad as BHO would get--and BHO sure proved us wrong there.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »
I hope that the R's don't screw with the nominating or convention rules and it plays out how it plays out.  If they fail to pick either Trump or Cruz, that will be the end of the party.

If Trump does win the nomination (and hopefully the election), that he names Cruz or Abbot to the USSC.  As far as finding a running mate for Trump.  He'd be smart to pick a fairly conservative Governor or former Governor.  (Jim Edgar from Illinois or Mitch Daniels of Indiana as examples.  It is a shame that John Nance Garner is not available.)

Cruz, if he is the eventual nominee would do well to pick a current or former Governor.   Christie, Bush, Jindal, Kaisich  and Rick Perry being off the table. Sadly, whoever the nominee is will have to play the diversity game in naming a running mate.   I could see Trump naming Palin as his running mate.  I don't see either as pulling someone out of the senate, although Trump naming either McCain, McConnell, Ryan, or Lindsey Graham as his #2 is not out of the realm of possibility, he will need someone to help him on the legislative side of things and doing what Kennedy did with Johnson, does make some sense.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
If Trump does win the nomination (and hopefully the election), that he names Cruz or Abbot to the USSC.  As far as finding a running mate for Trump.  He'd be smart to pick a fairly conservative Governor or former Governor.  (Jim Edgar from Illinois or Mitch Daniels of Indiana as examples.  It is a shame that John Nance Garner is not available.)

Cruz, if he is the eventual nominee would do well to pick a current or former Governor.   Christie, Bush, Jindal, Kaisich  and Rick Perry being off the table. Sadly, whoever the nominee is will have to play the diversity game in naming a running mate.   I could see Trump naming Palin as his running mate.  I don't see either as pulling someone out of the senate, although Trump naming either McCain, McConnell, Ryan, or Lindsey Graham as his #2 is not out of the realm of possibility, he will need someone to help him on the legislative side of things and doing what Kennedy did with Johnson, does make some sense.

How about Susana Martinez from New Mexico?
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 01:30:41 PM »

As far as I know her, she seems a solid choice. Additionally, she checks two "diversity" boxes.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 01:33:37 PM »

Probably not with Cruz needs someone from the Midwest/Rust Belt or East Coast.

For Trump she would be a great choice, however she's not that well know outside of the the West and those who closely track politics.  We'll get the Sarah Palin shock from the MSM as they would have to dig into every detail of her background to find all the dirt. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
I hope that the R's don't screw with the nominating or convention rules and it plays out how it plays out.  If they fail to pick either Trump or Cruz, that will be the end of the party.

Trump/Mattis 2016
"I got yer gravitas RIGHT HERE baybee!"

Cruz would be an outrageously good pick for SCOTUS.  Especially as a replacement for Scalia, God rest his soul.

I would like to reserve Abbot for a future POTUS, if possible. 

VPOTUS from Congress options:
Jeff Sessions
Mike Lee
Ben Sasse
Tom McClintock
Louie Gohmert

Governor Options:
Sam Brownback
Scott Walker
MIke Pence
Terry Branstad

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »
Trump/Mattis 2016

VPOTUS from Congress options:
Jeff Sessions
Mike Lee
Ben Sasse
Tom McClintock
Louie Gohmert

Governor Options:
Sam Brownback
Scott Walker
MIke Pence
Terry Branstad

Tom McClintock should be president for life IMO, but I'd sure settle for him getting a VP nomination and finally being noticed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."