Author Topic: Black Lives Matter... but sometimes no so much it seems  (Read 2724 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Black Lives Matter... but sometimes not so much it seems
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »
By all means let us generalize, and make everything racial.

I guess I should have quoted roo_ster's post about life being esteemed cheaply by black people in Africa. That's what I was responding to.

Let us be clear: Black lives do not matter.  Leastways, not to black people when those lives are destroyed by other black people.

The callousness shown in that video is similar to what Keith Richberg wrote about in "Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa"
http://www.amazon.com/Out-America-Black-Confronts-Africa/dp/0465001882/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461298974&sr=8-1&keywords=out+of+america

Richberg learns that black people in Africa do not care about other black people, not even enough to count dead bodies.  That task is taken up by euro-charities & NGOs.  

It is a hard read, both for the content and hte author's anguish.   Not as searing as  Whittaker Chambers's "Witness," but that is a high bar, indeed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:53:25 PM by scout26 »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: Black Lives Matter... but sometimes no so much it seems
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »
Generalizations are generally true. What many people call "racism" is really just applied statistics.
QFT.
Some people can't handle the truth.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama