Author Topic: Trump will most likely be the nominee  (Read 15845 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Trump will most likely be the nominee
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
- see below -
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:44 AM »
Between Trump and Hillary, it's not an easy decision. They're both terrible in many ways.

Trump
- Incompetent generally speaking
- NYC liberal who's playing to a crowd
- Terrible person, hostile to individual rights that aren't his.
+ Allegedly pro borders and business. No track record, so might be flat out lies. Or might not be.

HRC
- She's more criminal
- Owned by NYC banks
- Very very very Establishment
- Has no issues letting Americans die in third world countries, then throwing their corpses under the bus
+ I wouldn't say is competent, but she's been a cog in the system for a long time.
+ HRC is probably more sane (at least her public persona is) and generally status quo

Honestly, HRC is sounding slightly more appealing even if I strongly believe she should be in prison.
Gee, shocker, the self described Democrat prefers a Democrat, even if she is a criminal who deserves to be in jail.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
Trump
*Snip*
+ Allegedly pro borders and business. No track record, so might be flat out lies. Or might not be.
I don't consider being pro business a plus.  Pro free market would be good, but not so much pro business.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
I don't consider being pro business a plus.  Pro free market would be good, but not so much pro business.

The only possible upside to Trump is that HIS interests intersect with my (our) interests.

So the pertinent questions are does he really want to make "America Great Again" by making the best trade deals for us as a nation vs whats best for the multinationals as he says? And is he (as Rev legitimately asks) even competent to affect that kind of change?  

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 12:13:39 PM »
How do you imagine trumps interests are yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
How do you imagine trumps interests are yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Like I said, possible upside, I'm not sold. Instead of The only possible upside to Trump is that HIS interests intersect with my (our) interests. I should have said The only possible upside to Trump is if HIS interests intersect with my (our) interests.

If his policy positions look good to me AND he surrounds himself with folks that bear out that he's actually going to pursue those policies if elected then I might believe we have intersecting interests.

The fact that he is even promoting a return to national self interest is a good start but that is all it is, a start.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
Gee, shocker, the self described Democrat prefers a Democrat, even if she is a criminal who deserves to be in jail.

I don't understand. Your statement, minus the gender pronoun, is applicable to either candidate. Both have been Democrats for the majority of their lives. Neither Mr Trump nor Mrs Clinton have been convicted of crimes, but have both been accused more than once of being criminals.

Democrat - 1964? to 1987
Republican - 1987 to 1999
Reform Party - 1999 to 2001
Democrat - 2001 to 2009 
Republican Party - 2009 to 2011
Independent - 2011 to 2012
Republican Party - 2012 to ?

Dem - 31 years (estimated)
Repub - 18 years
Other - 3 years

HRC should be given a fair hearing, but from what I understand, she probably violated law regarding the handling of classified material. Looking over Mr Trump's list of legal activity, I do not see him being morally or ethically superior to Mrs Clinton. In no way am I saying he has committed felonies, but the length and type of legal actions involved say much about the man's character. Whether he broke the law or not as alleged, I can't say but it does not give a good impression. Same with Mrs. Clinton.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »
I don't understand. Your statement, minus the gender pronoun, is applicable to either candidate. ....

My point was that the Democrat chose the Democrat, really nothing more.

The history of the Clinton machine has the appearance of being much more seedy and nefarious than the Trump Empire. But I suspect all the dirt on Trump hasn't been exposed yet. Still I don't quite hold them equivalent, Trump is the less unsavory character in my eyes, so far.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:50:32 PM by Ron »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »
Between Trump and Hillary, it's not an easy decision. They're both terrible in many ways.

Trump
- Incompetent generally speaking¹
- NYC liberal who's playing to a crowd²
- Terrible person, hostile to individual rights that aren't his.³

¹  Oh, really?  The guy has built a mega-empire of businesses.....and he's "incompetent."  
    Not sure how you you got where you are from reality.

²  Trump is not an ideological cxreature.  Now, Rush Limbaugh IS that, so is Michael Savage, so is Bernie   Sanders, et al.  What is is someone who knows how to put things together & make them run.   I will note that on gun control he was more liberal but he has "come to God," thanks to his sons who are gun owners and hunters.

³    :facepalm:  "Terrible person," huh.  Well, certain aspects of his personality are grating, I will give you that, but I hold the line there and dispute the conclusion you have arrived at.  I tend to withh hold "terrible" for leaders like Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, Putin, and that ilk.  I doubt that Trump will qualify for the Einsatzgruppen Brigade at the end of his term(s).

HRC
- She's more criminal
- Owned by NYC banks
- Very very very Establishment
- Has no issues letting Americans die in third world countries, then throwing their corpses under the bus
+ I wouldn't say is competent, but she's been a cog in the system for a long time.
+ HRC is probably more sane (at least her public persona is) and generally status quo

Honestly, HRC is sounding slightly more appealing even if I strongly believe she should be in prison.

What to say here?  She IS more criminal....for sure.   "Owned by banks??"  I don't really care ..... I mean given her history.... cattle futures, land deals, Rose Law Firm records, Ben Ghazi blow-up & cover-up, e-mail server scandal.....I don't know why the democrat party chose her save for the fact she is "one of their own."    Not that Trump is a prize catch but, really, they WANT that HARPIE as the head of the party?
"More sane?"   Really?   She insists she WILL NOT BE INDICTED over the e-mail business and here, she is either living in insaneville, or, she knows "the fix is in," and I cannot eliminate that being the case, given she hasn't been caught or punished for any of her prior machinations.
Perhaps more telling is her making gun control and gun bans apparently a centerpoint of her campaign.  We know how well THAT worked for her husband twenty years ago with the AWB and -*SNAP*- there went kongress over to Gingrich.  She can't have forgotten that....and given more recent events many people are now evenb more attuned to 2A issues.  

Gotta love politics.  So we have something worse than a Hobsons choice.... just remember we get the government we so richly deserve..... >:D

:facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 01:04:36 PM »
My point was that the Democrat chose the Democrat, really nothing more.

Although the history of the Clinton machine has the appearance of being much more seedy and nefarious than the Trump Empire. But I suspect all the dirt on Trump hasn't been exposed yet. Still I don't quite hold them equivalent, Trump is the less unsavory character in my eyes, so far.

They're both Democrats. One is just registered a Republican temporarily.  ;)

So 'the Democrat' didn't exactly have an alternative choice, but likely will toss away his vote at the Libertarian Party. I respect your opinion. I honestly just haven't made up my mind which of the two is more seedy and nefarious. They're both terrible persons, as well as seedy/nefarious. The question is which Democrat is MORE terrible, seedy and nefarious. That's a question I'm still pondering.

Further compounding the issue is that Trump and the Clintons have been very good and long term friends, add in strong financial ties as well. Until quite recently, of course. They both appear quite willing to throw each other under the bus for political expediency.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

• friends
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »
¹  Oh, really?  The guy has built a mega-empire of businesses.....and he's "incompetent."  
    Not sure how you you got where you are from reality.

²  Trump is not an ideological cxreature.  Now, Rush Limbaugh IS that, so is Michael Savage, so is Bernie   Sanders, et al.  What is is someone who knows how to put things together & make them run.   I will note that on gun control he was more liberal but he has "come to God," thanks to his sons who are gun owners and hunters.

³    :facepalm:  "Terrible person," huh.  Well, certain aspects of his personality are grating, I will give you that, but I hold the line there and dispute the conclusion you have arrived at.  I tend to withh hold "terrible" for leaders like Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, Putin, and that ilk.  I doubt that Trump will qualify for the Einsatzgruppen Brigade at the end of his term(s).

What to say here?  She IS more criminal....for sure.   "Owned by banks??"  I don't really care ..... I mean given her history.... cattle futures, land deals, Rose Law Firm records, Ben Ghazi blow-up & cover-up, e-mail server scandal.....I don't know why the democrat party chose her save for the fact she is "one of their own."    Not that Trump is a prize catch but, really, they WANT that HARPIE as the head of the party?
"More sane?"   Really?   She insists she WILL NOT BE INDICTED over the e-mail business and here, she is either living in insaneville, or, she knows "the fix is in," and I cannot eliminate that being the case, given she hasn't been caught or punished for any of her prior machinations.
Perhaps more telling is her making gun control and gun bans apparently a centerpoint of her campaign.  We know how well THAT worked for her husband twenty years ago with the AWB and -*SNAP*- there went kongress over to Gingrich.  She can't have forgotten that....and given more recent events many people are now evenb more attuned to 2A issues.  

Gotta love politics.  So we have something worse than a Hobsons choice.... just remember we get the government we so richly deserve..... >:D

:facepalm:
You ever read his book?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »
You ever read his book?

Which book?   And do you really believe  HE wrote it?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2016, 03:51:17 PM »
Which book?   And do you really believe  HE wrote it?

You think his positions outlined in it are real? Or will you when you read it?.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUCLwWCihE

• friends
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2016, 04:46:14 PM »
Trump make up his mind on healthcare? Or find that missing 5 mill he supposedly raised for vets?

http://youtu.be/b3-nohiCetM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »
I don't understand. Your statement, minus the gender pronoun, is applicable to either candidate. Both have been Democrats for the majority of their lives. Neither Mr Trump nor Mrs Clinton have been convicted of crimes, but have both been accused more than once of being criminals.

Democrat - 1964? to 1987
Republican - 1987 to 1999
Reform Party - 1999 to 2001
Democrat - 2001 to 2009 
Republican Party - 2009 to 2011
Independent - 2011 to 2012
Republican Party - 2012 to ?

Dem - 31 years (estimated)
Repub - 18 years
Other - 3 years

HRC should be given a fair hearing, but from what I understand, she probably violated law regarding the handling of classified material. Looking over Mr Trump's list of legal activity, I do not see him being morally or ethically superior to Mrs Clinton. In no way am I saying he has committed felonies, but the length and type of legal actions involved say much about the man's character. Whether he broke the law or not as alleged, I can't say but it does not give a good impression. Same with Mrs. Clinton.

So how many dead can you lay at Trump's feet? I can list four that I directly tie to her for you on Hillary's side starting with Chris Stevens. Benghazi alone should be enough to keep that "woman" out of the White House.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2016, 10:31:23 PM »
. . . If I can't decide any other way, I will fall back on gun rights.  I KNOW Clinton is a gun banner.  At this point, Trump is a question mark who I hear has some people close to him that are pro-gun.  We'll see. 
FWIW, a couple of years ago, some lefties attacked Trump because both of his sons went on safari - a HUNTING safari - to Africa.

This was not a staged photo-op like when Kerry, Clinton, etc., allegedly go duck hunting, but an actual hunting trip.

Trump defended his sons, though he said he personally wasn't a hunter. 

Here's what the hysterical lefties made of it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod7vW64jcY

So even though this is indirect evidence of being "pro Second Amendment" and is far from conclusive . . . it still puts Trump miles ahead of HRC on this issue. (Ya think Chelsea would do this?  :rofl:  )

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:07 AM »
If Trump pulls out the nomination, and HRC doesn't get indicted, I'm writing in SMOD for the election.

One small benefit of this election cycle is that my wife is now %100 on board with emigrating. Depending on how the visa/job search goes we should be leaving the country at <1 year of the term of whoever wins next.

I do wonder who would directly order the murder of more of their rivals. The Clintons have an indirect body count in the hundreds counting things like Waco, and maybe what two dozen or so witnesses who got Vince Fostered on their surreptitious orders? Trump will have to work hard to catch up, but I have a feeling he'll manage.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:20 AM »
Which book?   And do you really believe  HE wrote it?

Do you think Hillary wrote hers?

Do you believe ANY politician actually wrote any book with his/her name on it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2016, 06:51:12 AM »

Pfft. I'm not a hunter. But I am an NRA life member, certified instructor, and I have carry permits from multiple states.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
Trump actually defended his own family?!?  How amazing that someone would defend their own spawn against outsider criticism!  Why, we never see that kind of behavior!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 09:51:07 AM »
Do you think Hillary wrote hers?

Do you believe ANY politician actually wrote any book with his/her name on it?
They still have to live with it.

Obama's book pretty much said he was a lefty communist.  It was right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »
FWIW, a couple of years ago, some lefties attacked Trump because both of his sons went on safari - a HUNTING safari - to Africa.

This was not a staged photo-op like when Kerry, Clinton, etc., allegedly go duck hunting, but an actual hunting trip.

Here's what the hysterical lefties made of it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod7vW64jcY

So even though this is indirect evidence of being "pro Second Amendment" and is far from conclusive . . . it still puts Trump miles ahead of HRC on this issue. (Ya think Chelsea would do this?  :rofl:  )

That is what I was referring to.  I heard 3rd hand on the radio that someone talked to his son at Shot Show who says we have nothing to worry about as far as gun rights.  It doesn't make him pro-gun, it just means he is not an enemy of gun rights.  Would he still sign some foolish legislation after an incident like Sandy Hook?  Maybe.  It still puts him solidly ahead of Clinton on that issue. 

It also means I might still be able to sell my surplus AR15 rifles before the election this fall. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
They still have to live with it.

Obama's book pretty much said he was a lefty communist.  It was right. 

I'm pretty sure calling Obama a communist is racist. I'm pretty sure.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »
It is quite possible that if Trump is elected he will ignore most all of the social issues. My suspicion is he will leave the so-con issues as they currently stand, no change to the status quo.

It seems to me that what motivates him is status, power and money. His campaign is basically "lets restore the status of the USA and lets get everyone back to work so they can make money".  

I doubt he will go after any of the left or right hot button issues like guns, abortion etc.

You can't make yourself look great by alienating half the people. But if you usher in a raging growing economy where everybody wins you are the hero.

Same thing with foreign policy. It's hard to be a winner sending your countries sons and daughters off to foreign lands to fight wars of aggression that aren't easy to justify. Somebody will always hate you for it. But if you build up a kick ass military and vow only to use it except in obvious defense of the country you can have your cake and eat it too.

Immigration is another one where he will try and have it both ways. I suspect if he becomes president and actually follows through on his rhetoric the overall quality of immigrants will go up due to increased scrutiny. There will still be a lot of them though.

Or he may run our country into the ground further like he has with some of his other projects. Just because he is going to focus on economic issues that doesn't mean he will be successful. He could get elected and the world oligarchs might punish him for trying to disrupt the nice planet size plantation they're building. It could be a national disaster. Although at this point I fail to see how he could be worse than another Democrat administration (or typical Republican for that matter).  

It's bad enough the Democrats are wrong on the economics but they have become unhinged from reality and want to make men more feminine and woman more masculine. They seem to hate traditional masculinity and despise traditional femininity. Every social issue they pursue chips away at masculinity, femininity, family and the cultural institutions developed to support them. The Democrats are hell bent on repressing and outlawing traditional morality; replacing it with government approved nihilistic amorality, by law or force if necessary.

Government neglect of the social issues would be a win for the country.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:15:22 PM by Ron »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
I found this while time-travelling. (It's from February). Funny stuff, in hindsight.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/01/donald-trump-the-hater-is-now-a-loser.html

It is quite possible that if Trump is elected he will ignore most all of the social issues. My suspicion is he will leave the so-con issues as they currently stand, no change to the status quo.

It seems to me that what motivates him is status, power and money. His campaign is basically "lets restore the status of the USA and lets get everyone back to work so they can make money".  

I doubt he will go after any of the left or right hot button issues like guns, abortion etc.

On social issues, the status quo is creeping galloping madness, and disenfranchisement of anyone that doesn't want to actively participate in gender-bending. Trump is, apparently, not interested in arresting that. Though I guess he might pitch in to shield business owners from the anti-gender-warriors.

The gun issue is similar, in that he won't necessarily do anything, but how open will he be to pressure from either side?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife