Author Topic: What's Wrong With the GOPe?  (Read 2240 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
What's Wrong With the GOPe?
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »
This crap is what's wrong with the GOPe.

I guess I have to give my caveat again that Trump is not my guy, and this author brings up some of the same things that concern me about a Trump presidency. But that's where it ends. The rest of what he writes makes me want to vote for Trump instead of third party just to piss these jackasses off. I have no doubt that what this author (who apparently was in the Bush administration) believes is what the McCains and Romneys believe.

The gist of his opinion piece? Be a good Republican and vote for Hillary because she's qualified. No mention of vote third party. If you vote for Trump instead of Hillary, you're not a good Republican. Holy hell, they simply are denser than any known element on the periodic table. Vote Hillary. Don't rock the establishment boat.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/03/any-republican-who-thinks-its-better-to-elect-trump-than-hillary-needs-their-head-examined.html?intcmp=hpbt1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: What's Wrong With the GOPe?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:26:22 AM »
One way or the other I really think this election  cycle will mark the end of the GOP as a viable party.
I don't think it can be saved from within and is doomed to irrelevancy regardless but to blatantly call for Clinton over Trump is proof that they are the stupid party.
Still I'd much rather be hit in the head with a hammer have Trump as president than have a hot poker shoved up my butt see Hillary get it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:00:51 AM »
I heard it said: Bi-factional ruling party.

GOPe just plain has more in common with Hillary and the Dem establishment than people who thought themselves the GOP base.  And both parties are now globalist donor parties. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:41:49 AM »
Trump has brought an interesting dynamic to my state. Over the last decade or so, WI voters created a CONSERVATIVE majority in the (R) party in state government where the electorate is nearly split 50/50 between hard right and hard left right down to the very last voter.
Big names like Scott walker and Paul Ryan are not backing trump, while at the state level, our senate majority leader is screaming for people to get behind trump. The state elections and offices matter a whole lot more to us than whatever clown or crook sits in the Oval Office, but people here are split on trump- nobody knows how he's going to affect the more important elections down ballot.

I've already decided at this point that no matter how much I despise Trump, I can still vote for him as a *expletive deleted*ck you vote against the GOPe and the left.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: What's Wrong With the GOPe?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »
Trump has brought an interesting dynamic to my state. Over the last decade or so, WI voters created a CONSERVATIVE majority in the (R) party in state government where the electorate is nearly split 50/50 between hard right and hard left right down to the very last voter.
Big names like Scott walker and Paul Ryan are not backing trump, while at the state level, our senate majority leader is screaming for people to get behind trump. The state elections and offices matter a whole lot more to us than whatever clown or crook sits in the Oval Office, but people here are split on trump- nobody knows how he's going to affect the more important elections down ballot.

I've already decided at this point that no matter how much I despise Trump, I can still vote for him as a *expletive deleted*ck you vote against the GOPe and the left.
That's dedicated self-sacrifice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 09:01:12 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:07:39 AM »

Random question, what is "GOPe" ? Missing something here
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
GOP establishment
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »

After trimming the Bushes, if Trump (politically, metaphorically) kneecaps the Clintons, he will have done his country a great service.

Screw political dynasties.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 11:57:25 AM »
After trimming the Bushes, if Trump (politically, metaphorically, or literally) kneecaps the Clintons, he will have done his country a great service.

Fixed that right up for ya.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
People should dig around and read what Trump had to say about stuff over the last 30 years or so.  Listening to what the media and politicians and other establishment muckety mucks have to say presently is to be un/ill/mal informed.  Personally I'd rather see Rand Paul as the nominee.  But that's not to be. 

Everyone is hysterical about Trump is this and that and the other thing; all awful.  But he's not Hillary.  That's good enough for me.  Trump is not Hillary.  Just remind yourself of that.  If you go off and not vote or waste it on some off the wall candidate you will get Hillary and get a Supreme Court even worse than it is now.  We lose the Republic.  Hillary is an evil person even more intent on destroying America than Obama.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:13:28 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
People should dig around and read what Trump had to say about stuff over the last 30 years or so.  Listening to what the media and politicians and other establishment muckety mucks have to say presently is to be un/ill/mal informed.  Personally I'd rather see Rand Paul as the nominee.

Trump circa 1990 sounds a lot like Trump circa 2016. A lot of talk about good trade deals, strength and nationalism.

https://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-donald-trump-1990

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »
This crap is what's wrong with the GOPe.

I guess I have to give my caveat again that Trump is not my guy, and this author brings up some of the same things that concern me about a Trump presidency. But that's where it ends. The rest of what he writes makes me want to vote for Trump instead of third party just to piss these jackasses off. I have no doubt that what this author (who apparently was in the Bush administration) believes is what the McCains and Romneys believe.

The gist of his opinion piece? Be a good Republican and vote for Hillary because she's qualified. No mention of vote third party. If you vote for Trump instead of Hillary, you're not a good Republican. Holy hell, they simply are denser than any known element on the periodic table. Vote Hillary. Don't rock the establishment boat.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/03/any-republican-who-thinks-its-better-to-elect-trump-than-hillary-needs-their-head-examined.html?intcmp=hpbt1
Is it any wonder that surveys have shown that about 2/3 of the GOP electorate feels betrayed - not disappointed in, not let down, but outright BETRAYED by the GOP leadership?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »
 [barf]
That's all I have.  No words, just that  ...... gut reaction.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 06:39:07 AM »
While I disagree with many of Hillary Clinton’s policies, she is clearly qualified to be president. She possesses judgment and self-restraint. She does not have a track record of irrational, risky, and unsound business decisions and public comments. She has a long record of public service. She can be trusted with controlling our military and nuclear weapons. Mr. Trump cannot.

Any Republican who claims that it’s better to elect Donald Trump than Hillary Clinton either lacks proper judgment, or has become so blinded by partisan ideology that they have lost objectivity.

This made me LOL and spit coffee on my computer. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 03:41:18 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/06/newt_gingrich_paul_ryan_made_a_mistake_by_not_endorsing_trump.html

There is something wrong here when these people, who the Republican Party has done a lot for, let's be honest. The Bushes, the Romneys - The Republican Party has been pretty darn good to them, and they owe it to the party and the people who make up that party, beyond their own hope to be above it all.

In the case of Paul Ryan he made a big mistake today and he needs to understand this. He needs to understand this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge