Author Topic: Vincente Fox Apologizes  (Read 1313 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Vincente Fox Apologizes
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:16:28 AM »
I just saw on the news that Vincente Fox has apologized for his "I'm not going to pay for that *%&^$^% wall" comment.

I found it interesting that he did this now. Had he done this after election day if Trump won, that would make sense in the form of smoothing things over for future relations. If he really hates Trump, you'd think he'd be holding his former opinion to keep hispanics riled up. Seems like this would reduce some hispanic anti-Trump rhetoric. Maybe Fox hates Clinton more than he hates Trump?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Vincente Fox Apologizes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:10:41 PM »
I just saw on the news that Vincente Fox has apologized for his "I'm not going to pay for that *%&^$^% wall" comment.

I found it interesting that he did this now. Had he done this after election day if Trump won, that would make sense in the form of smoothing things over for future relations. If he really hates Trump, you'd think he'd be holding his former opinion to keep hispanics riled up. Seems like this would reduce some hispanic anti-Trump rhetoric. Maybe Fox hates Clinton more than he hates Trump?

I think it costs Fox nothing to apologize and that the prospect of Trump in the White House just became very real for Fox. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:45 PM »
Hilarious. Also, interesting timing.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »
I just want to know where Vincente got those 8x10 glossies he used to make Bush 43 dance to his tune . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »
Two possible scenarios.

Fox sees Trump as the strong horse and has moderated his position accordingly. To get the best deal he wants the negotiations to be friendly. The "I've moderated and given up this much on my position, now you have to match me" gambit.

or

Fox has been assured through back channels that Trump is just posing and signaling and has no intention of following through. I've read that Trump is going to be taking banker money for the general election and that they've already put the kibosh on any real future progress against illegal immigration in return.

All speculation at this point of course.    
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 11:00:09 AM »
Not that anyone cares, but he spells his name with one n. "Vicente."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 11:00:50 AM »
Fox sees Trump as the strong horse and has moderated his position accordingly. To get the best deal he wants the negotiations to be friendly. The "I've moderated and given up this much on my position, now you have to match me" gambit.

Ideal compromise; Mexico pays for the wall, US provides materials, design and supervision, while illegals build it.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »
Two possible scenarios.

or

Fox has been assured through back channels that Trump is just posing and signaling and has no intention of following through. I've read that Trump is going to be taking banker money for the general election and that they've already put the kibosh on any real future progress against illegal immigration in return.

All speculation at this point of course.    

Mexican culture is not nearly as cucked/emasculated/feminized as contemporary American culture.  What the smart set in America see as over the top, vaguely humorous and terribly gauche masculinity; Mexicans see as merely signs that a man is a man.  And now that Trump has backed up his masculine words with actions, he has shown himself to be a big man that other men will defer to.  
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »
Not that anyone cares, but he spells his name with one n. "Vicente."

Thanks, Fistfull.

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."