Author Topic: TSA Needs More Top Men!  (Read 3095 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TSA Needs More Top Men!
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
To reduce the lines. Holy crap. I don't think I want to go to HI again this Summer if this is going to be typical. I heard on the news that Johnson is going to be both pushing for more people, increasing overtime pay, and "encouraging" citizens to apply for the "pre-screened" traveler documents (which of course you have to pay for).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/13/dhs-chief-asks-for-patience-as-airport-lines-grow-amid-tsa-changes.html?intcmp=hpbt3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUVR04CMBU  (NSFW language at the end)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: TSA Needs More Top Men!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »
My first thought when the vidjaho started was "Hey !!  That looks like Midway..."

And to my disappointment, it was..... =| =| =|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
More 'Top men?'- is that a code word?  :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »
More 'Top men?'- is that a code word?  :laugh:

While there are a couple of cultural references for "top men", my favorite, and most apropos for TSA is:

https://youtu.be/w08b4nKj0ss?t=183
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:14:24 PM »
There's also this, which works for "'Tards Standing Around"  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI

This had me in tears !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpoLRcnH5kI
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »

This had me in tears !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpoLRcnH5kI

It wouldn't be funny if there wasn't some truth in it. :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »
Too Stupid for Arby's is my favorite.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 06:05:54 PM »
Testicle squeezing agency  :lol:

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »
Testicle squeezing agency  :lol:

Been there, done that. I didn't get dinner.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »
Been there, done that. I didn't get dinner.

I usually get a kiss before getting felt up like that.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
Travesty Strangling America
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »
Back to the OP, my cousin is a pilot for Delta. He indicted that lines depend on airport location,  time of day,  day of the week, etc.  He said that the biggest problem has been the fees for checked bags, because everyone tries to dodge the fees by bringing more on in the cabin, which means a backup at the xray machine.  Get rid of fees (fat chance) and the lines speed up.  Otherwise, you need to add more xray machines, not just people.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »
Back to the OP, my cousin is a pilot for Delta. He indicted that lines depend on airport location,  time of day,  day of the week, etc.  He said that the biggest problem has been the fees for checked bags, because everyone tries to dodge the fees by bringing more on in the cabin, which means a backup at the xray machine.  Get rid of fees (fat chance) and the lines speed up.  Otherwise, you need to add more xray machines, not just people.

He is right.  Everyone wants to bring everything they own as a carry-on bag, because checking a bag is too inconvenient in their eyes.  Then they bitch when the bag won't fit and they have to gate-check the bag, which goes to bag claim anyway.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 09:35:54 AM »
He is right.  Everyone wants to bring everything they own as a carry-on bag, because checking a bag is too inconvenient in their eyes.  Then they bitch when the bag won't fit and they have to gate-check the bag, which goes to bag claim anyway.

Can't say that I blame the passengers.  They are reacting to airline incentives.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:34 AM »
Can't say that I blame the passengers.  They are reacting to airline incentives.

I found it interesting when airlines went this route. Why not just adjust ticket prices? If you put the $25 surcharge into a $500 ticket, I think it makes less of a psychological impact than a separate $25 surcharge. People see ticket prices fluctuate all the time, but when they see a separate $25 charge, I think it tends towards outrage, and the result in this case is people using the max size carry-on and then overstuffing that. Plus putting stuff in it that is allowed in checked baggage, but not in carry-on.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »

Sort of.  The carry-on bag issue has been a problem for years, but the latest airline fees are exacerbating the problem.

Also, the airlines are reacting to the customers that want lower prices.  Many people just want the cheapest ticket possible, even if that means they can only have one carry-on bag.  Look at Spirit.  They charge super low prices, but then they charge for every extra.  If all you want is the cheapest ticket, and you're willing to give up any extras, then that plan works for you.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »
I found it interesting when airlines went this route. Why not just adjust ticket prices? If you put the $25 surcharge into a $500 ticket, I think it makes less of a psychological impact than a separate $25 surcharge. People see ticket prices fluctuate all the time, but when they see a separate $25 charge, I think it tends towards outrage, and the result in this case is people using the max size carry-on and then overstuffing that. Plus putting stuff in it that is allowed in checked baggage, but not in carry-on.

That is my preferred method; I hate to be nickled and dimed.  Just tell me what the final price is and let me decide if I want to pay that.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »
That is my preferred method; I hate to be nickled and dimed.  Just tell me what the final price is and let me decide if I want to pay that.

Like you have to worry about it. [popcorn]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 10:40:17 AM »
Sort of.  The carry-on bag issue has been a problem for years, but the latest airline fees are exacerbating the problem.

That would be the reaction I wrote about.

My own reaction to the post-9/11 air travel douchery from all parties has been to drastically reduce my use of the airlines.
1. I have been on a grand total of two trips via airlines that were not business-required since 9/11.  Before 9/11, I would travel by airline 2-4 times/year.  Airline travel has become so unpleasant and enraging, I am loath to pay someone for such an experience.
2. If I can manage it, I will rent a car and drive even for some work trips. A day of airline travel is a wasted day, anyway, once you add up all the time overhead.  For in & out trips it is not worth it.  And the farthest I have driven for work was 14 hours one way (stops inclusive).  So, the airlines see me every once & a while when someone else is footing the bill.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
That would be the reaction I wrote about.

My own reaction to the post-9/11 air travel douchery from all parties has been to drastically reduce my use of the airlines.
1. I have been on a grand total of two trips via airlines that were not business-required since 9/11.  Before 9/11, I would travel by airline 2-4 times/year.  Airline travel has become so unpleasant and enraging, I am loath to pay someone for such an experience.
2. If I can manage it, I will rent a car and drive even for some work trips. A day of airline travel is a wasted day, anyway, once you add up all the time overhead.  For in & out trips it is not worth it.  And the farthest I have driven for work was 14 hours one way (stops inclusive).  So, the airlines see me every once & a while when someone else is footing the bill.

I prefer to drive.  Planes are so cramped as it is.  Limited luggage, expenses, the TSA bullcrap.  Driving for me is much preferable.  Even on my last trip to DC, I drove, parked my car, then used the Metro to get around.  Plus, for most situations, driving means I can take what I want with no concerns for security check on my knives, a firearm, etc.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark