Author Topic: I hate Wisconsin  (Read 708 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I hate Wisconsin
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »
Three weeks ago, the idiots in this state re-elected one of the most anti-gun governors in the country, and turned control of the state Senate to some of the most anti-gun liberals imaginable.

Right after the election, various state agencies announced that they were raising fees on just about everything. We're already one of the five highest-taxed states in the country.

The politicians in this state have set themselves up quite well.  A few days ago, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that legislators get paid sick days, but almost nobody declares them, even when they stay home. Instead, they accumulate the sick days, and can convert their value into payments for state-subsidized health insurance, which is the best health insurance known to man. Governor Doyle has accumulated almost $170,000 worth of unused sick days. The weasel says that, even if he was sick, he "worked through it."

Horsefeathers.

And today we got hit with a major snowstorm, with some areas getting as much as 13". Don't know how much we got in my neighborhood, but it was deep, wet and heavy.

And the city snow plow driver buried our cars and our neighbors cars, even as we were running outside to move them out of his way.

My neighbor called to complain. I want to do more. I want to rent a bulldozer and bury that inconsiderate boob's house.

God, I hate this state.

Ron

Re: I hate Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
I'd invite you down here to Illinois but this state sucks also.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »
Come to Michigan, Dick.  Then  you can have cloudy days, day after day after day after day ad nauseum to match yer mood. 

We have a democrat governor and she actually signed the Shall Issue law, the Castle Doctrine and a law that prohibits the bg or the bg's family from suing you if they happen to run afoul of a projectile while attempting to commit a crime on you or your family.  We also have the highest unemployment in the country besides Louisiana.  6% sales tax, and 4% income tax.  In a year or two, once the auto manufacturers finish leaning out, and our business tax system is streamlined and lowered we'll be back in bidniss again. 

We're also turning into a medical tech state, also alternative energy manufacturers.  Things will be looking up soon, I believe.  That is if the government schools succeed in causing our new democrat House of Reps to do something stupid such as raise our taxes.  We did just defeat a constitutional amendment that would have guaranteed the schools to get an increase automatically each year = to the rate of inflation. 

We only got 4 inches of wet snow today in southern Newaygo county.

Your home based computer business would work anywhere.  Lots of huntin and fishin around here too.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »
I love Arizona.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 03:24:05 PM »
Yes, please, consider Arizona. We even have snow if you pick the right spots.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 05:20:18 PM »
In a year or two, once the auto manufacturers finish leaning out, and our business tax system is streamlined and lowered we'll be back in bidniss again.

Grampster, if you believe a single word of that, I've got some lovely oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you at a very good price.

I left Michigan in 1980 when unemployment in the Upper Peninsula was at least 35%. That was all the state was willing to admit to, though it was probably higher. The Detroit area kept sucking up the rest of the state's tax dollarsand still does. The automobile manufacturers were accustomed to running the state their way, and probably still are.

Michigan still has firearms registration, insituted after the 1967 Detroit race riots. It's called the "safety inspection" scheme, but it's plain old-fashioned registration.

The last time I visited that state, in 2002, the highways were mostly pot holes laced together with bits of crumbling concrete.

Monkeyleg, I think you'd probably be happier in the United States. I'm sure there are many states that would be worthier of you than poor old Wisconsin.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:40:26 PM »
Standing Wolf, I spend as much time as possible calling gun shops to either subscribe to my site (free) or pay when the free trial is over.

Judging from calls I've made the last few months, few states are in as much of an economic crisis as Michigan. And I include Mississippi in that category.

I actually think that WI is in better shape. And I consider WI to be an economic disaster.

Grampster, I was born in Flint, MI. I still have family in Flint, as well as other parts of the state. And nobody has said, "hey, move here! You'll be much better off!"

A part of me says that I should stay in WI, and defeat our enemies like Doyle, and then celebrate that victory.

Another part of me says that I'm gaining in years, and waiting for the tides to turn may result in my washing up on a beach somewhere. (Figuratively or literally).

There is unquestionably an adreneline rush that comes with winning the firefight, even if the battle is lost. Every piece of ground we've won is now pavement for our future.

I hate the idea of leaving WI and having to say that Doyle won.

But I can see the picture of my wife planting her flowers under the shade of a magnolia tree in Holly Springs, MS in March.

The only things that grow in WI in March are taxes, road construction, snowstorm advisories, and political corruption.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 09:50:12 AM »
Heh heh.  The only positive thing in my post was the CCW, Castle Doctrine, and the lawsuit protection bill.  The rest of it was reality, fantasy and outright lies.

Misery loves company.   cheesy
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
Monkeyleg, I think you'd probably be happier in the United States. I'm sure there are many states that would be worthier of you than poor old Wisconsin.

WTF, over?

I left the People's Republik of Kalifornia in August of 1999, with the majority of my 100+ gun collection now being illegal there.

Florida was nice for a gun owner, but nearly impossible to live in after the hurricanes hit us and insurance rates went through the roof.

I moved back to Wisconsin, and love taunting the barking moonbats that populate Madison and Milwaukee.  It's nice, though, because I can head out into the countryside and find a return to more conservative values. 

Property taxes here suck, that much is true.  But cry me a river after you've been someplace like the PRK, etc.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"