Author Topic: Katie Couric and Honesty on Guns  (Read 17258 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Katie Couric and Honesty on Guns
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »
Apparently Katie Couric has made a "critically acclaimed" documentary on "gun violence". Somebody caught her heavy editing to make the prog gun side look stupid / bad / pwned.

The youtube snippet at the link is the edited and aired segment. Note the silence by the pro-gun side as if they are unable to provide a cogent answer. Then listen to the raw audio directly below the video, which shows that the question was answered immediately.

When called out, the producer said that she did it to "create a pause for the viewer to consider the importance of the question."

http://freebeacon.com/issues/audio-shows-katie-couric-gun-documentary-deceptively-edited-interview-pro-gun-activists/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Katie Couric and Honesty on Guns
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:09:51 PM »
As a former active VCDL member myself, I can tell you there is no way they wouldn't have a good, rational response right away to any logical question put to them!
Been there, done that at the VA capitol during lobby day.

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:32:13 PM »
Can I get a show of hands from all of those still surprised by Ms Couric's behavior?

[crickets]

Thought so.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:52 AM »
Can I get a show of hands from all of those still surprised by Ms Couric's behavior?

[crickets]

Thought so.

I'm surprised she actually spoke with any actual pro-gun/pro-2A supporters.  I would've thought she would have used anti's dressed as pro's.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 07:53:47 AM »
She should be blacklisted from having access to anyone active on the pro 2nd amendment side.

Liberal snakes like her are never to be trusted and should be shunned.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »
She should be blacklisted from having access to anyone active on the pro 2nd amendment side.

Liberal snakes like her are never to be trusted and should be shunned.
Who would agree to anything but a live interview with her ever again?  Anyone that considers the media potentially hostile shouldn't do edited interviews.  It isn't the first hatchet job and won't be the last.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »
Nora Ryan, the chief of staff for EPIX, the cable channel that is airing the documentary, told the Free Beacon in an email, “Under the Gun is a critically-acclaimed documentary that looks at the polarizing and politicized issue of gun violence, a subject that elicits strong reactions from people on both sides. EPIX stands behind Katie Couric, director Stephanie Soechtig, and their creative and editorial judgment. We encourage people to watch the film and decide for themselves.

Neat way to dodge the question. If people who watch the film aren't aware that the question WAS answered, immediately and competently, how can they possibly "decide for themselves"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
You lost me a Katie Couric and honest.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Isn't Katie Couric known as kinda an angrier Michael Moore that distorts anything and everything?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »
Fox News has picked up the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/05/26/katie-couric-slammed-for-deceptive-documentary-about-gun-rights.html

So has CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/25/media/katie-couric-guns-stephanie-soechtig/index.html?section=money_latest

From the second link, it looks like the director is being thrown under the bus.

Quote from:  hack journalist Stephanie Soechtig
I never intended to make anyone look bad and I apologize if anyone felt that way

Ah, yes. Allow me to translate.

"I'm not sorry about what I did; I'm sorry I got caught and now have to pretend that this was just an innocent mistake."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »
Even the uber-leftist Washington Post is coming down on Couric & Soechtig:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/05/25/audiotape-katie-couric-documentary-falsely-depicts-gun-supporters-as-idiots/

In the years we’ve covered and watched media organizations, we’ve scarcely seen a thinner, more weaselly excuse than the one in the block above. For starters, it appears to count as an admission that this segment of the documentary was edited. The artistic “pause” provides the viewer not a “moment to consider this important question”; it provides viewers a moment to lower their estimation of gun owners. That’s it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »
In all fairness to Katie, it was probably President Obama Clark and the Ministry of Truth that made her do it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:10:55 PM »
In all fairness to Katie, it was probably President Obama Clark and the Ministry of Truth that made her do it.

It's a pity we don't have an open-airlock policy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »
Even the uber-leftist Washington Post is coming down on Couric & Soechtig:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/05/25/audiotape-katie-couric-documentary-falsely-depicts-gun-supporters-as-idiots/

Yeah, I saw that and was surprised and impressed. I expected them to go with a gentle rebuke and end with some softy "let's all be nice because she didn't really mean it" crap.
Instead they came down pretty hard on it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »
Ha ha ha.  She's getting creamed on her Facebook page.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 12:18:16 AM »
From the looks of the attacks I don't think Ms. Couric is too popular amongst the libtard crowd.

Of course the smarmy little Pollyanna voice is trying to tell me that either the usual suspects among the anti-gun crowd are either realizing we are not the threat they have tried to make us out to be or that we are that dangerous and they need to get their *expletive deleted*it together before the big purge.
[ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 06:41:53 AM »
Ha ha ha.  She's getting creamed on her Facebook page.

phrasing!

Chris

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
This reminds me of "Bowling for Columbine", where Heston's tie changes color in the middle of a sentence... words from different speeches he gave were edited together into one sentance to make him look bad.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
South Park got it right:
Randy is suffering from severe constipation and has been unable to defecate for more than three weeks. After taking a laxative, Randy produces an abnormally large piece of excrement during an extremely painful bowel movement. Believing he has passed the world's biggest stool, he reaches out to the "European Fecal Standards and Measurements" office, headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland. The institute concludes he has the world record, weighing in at 8.6 courics – a fictional measurement unit (approximately 2.5 pounds) named after journalist Katie Couric.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Crap
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 01:21:14 PM »
Couric and Brian Williams should team up, given their fondness for fiction.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 01:27:18 PM »
Couric and Brian Williams should team up, given their fondness for fiction.

Been done:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife