Author Topic: Giving credit where due - Trump's political instincts  (Read 6944 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Giving credit where due - Trump's political instincts
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »
^^^^^^And who knows if the reporter is lying?  MSM hasn't got much of a track record for accuracy.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Giving credit where due - Trump's political instincts
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
In upside down inside out world it is Hillary and the leftwing press who should get credit for the donations. I love the breathless and accusatory tone of the WashPo article, as if they are discussing a major scandal.

They held Trumps feet to the fire and "made" him pay up!

Honestly, that is the media narrative.

Lots of folks narrative
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271712-report-trump-has-donated-less-than-half-of-6m-promised

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/22/trump-vets-chair-charity-money-not-my-problem.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/274624-vets-group-that-called-trump-cheap-fraud-spent-millions-boosting-democrats/

Two employees and no volunteers and outspent several large NGOs combined. It's like a democrat version of a money laundering front.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
Lots of folks narrative
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271712-report-trump-has-donated-less-than-half-of-6m-promised

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/22/trump-vets-chair-charity-money-not-my-problem.html

Nice try, but the $5.6 million is accounted for.  These "stories" are the reason Trump had a press conference.     :facepalm:

Here's a suggestion.  Get all the facts, weigh them and then post.    ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 03:55:01 PM »
Two employees and no volunteers and outspent several large NGOs combined. It's like a democrat version of a money laundering front.

... like the Clinton Foundation?

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

• friends
Giving credit where due - Trump's political instincts
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »
Nice try, but the $5.6 million is accounted for.  These "stories" are the reason Trump had a press conference.     :facepalm:

Here's a suggestion.  Get all the facts, weigh them and then post.    ;/ ;/

It's kinda interesting following the various stories and narratives from within the trump camp
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/05/31/donald-trump-finally-comes-clean-veterans-contributions-video/

He did finally pay up.
http://www.npr.org/2016/05/31/480163943/questions-over-trumps-donations-to-veterans-boil-over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:57 PM »
Did you even read what you posted?

2/3rds of what was raised was disbursed prior the press going on the attack.  The final 1/3rd was sent by Trump, mostly his personal money, within the last week to ten days.  

Again, get all the facts then post.

And you have a lot of room to talk about donations, accountability,  and not following through.  I have never received anything from you about what raised here over a year ago....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
Best thread ever.

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 03:54:02 AM »
Did you even read what you posted?

2/3rds of what was raised was disbursed prior the press going on the attack.  The final 1/3rd was sent by Trump, mostly his personal money, within the last week to ten days.  

Again, get all the facts then post.

And you have a lot of room to talk about donations, accountability,  and not following through.  I have never received anything from you about what raised here over a year ago....
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-detail-fundraising-veterans-charities-39500595

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-adviser-admits-he-has-no-idea-what-happened-to-that-veterans-rally-charity-money/

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/veterans-groups-outside-iowa-still-waiting-trump-money

Seems the media has been on him for months. And it's telling that amongst the last of the pledges fulfilled was the Donalds himself.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 04:26:42 AM »
I agree with the First Sergeant.

There are a LOT of scam charities out there that collect a lot of money in the name of Veterans, yet only give pennies on the dollar (if any) to actually benefit Veterans.  *cough* Wounded Warrior Project *cough*.   So taking the time to vet them and make sure that money goes to those charities that do the most good is very important aspect of giving.  But if it is more important just to throw money at charities, then the MSM (and you by extension) would have been all over him for giving money to shitty charities.

So get off your G-d damn high horse.  No one's audited your ass yet, as I noticed you ignored my final comment in that post.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:16 AM »
Key phrase from above link. The Donald's personal check was amongst the last received . But it's all a negotiation right
2. Trump made the $1 million personal donation to veterans groups a week ago and only after WaPo’s David Fahrenthold did a deep dive into where the promised money went. That was four months after the speech/fundraiser where Trump trumpeted that he had donated the money.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 09:49:31 AM »
Key phrase from above link. The Donald's personal check was amongst the last received . But it's all a negotiation right
2. Trump made the $1 million personal donation to veterans groups a week ago and only after WaPo’s David Fahrenthold did a deep dive into where the promised money went. That was four months after the speech/fundraiser where Trump trumpeted that he had donated the money.

The reason you are getting so little traction here on this subject is because you are just regurgitating talking points and a narrative that isn't obviously "true". You are accepting an interpretation of events as presented by Trumps enemies. The problem is they are a bunch of liars, so why trust them on this one issue? Even though I haven't supported Trump I view this as a non issue.

Trump University is looking to be an issue that can hurt him. The real estate industry is littered with scam mentoring classes/gurus. It's looking like Trump lent his "brand" to one of these questionable enterprises and it will probably hurt him, rightly so.

The woman making claims against him and Epstein will sink him if there is any truth to her stories. So far there is very little out there about this so who knows?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
I don't think epsteins can sink a guy who brags about going after married women in a way that reminds me of wilt the stilt

grampster

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:22 PM »
Seems to me I heard that the Clintons got paid several million dollars for pimping for a world wide college thing that is under fire for scamming students.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 06:24:40 PM »

Keep trying and you too can get a job in MSM.

RUSH:  Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, Jim Kallstrom, the former head of the New York office of the FBI is now one of the executive directors of MC-LEF, and as you know, this program is involved deep well MC-LEF, as is the Rush Revere Time Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans book series, Two If By Tea.  We are sponsors of the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.

If you recall, the Harry Reid letter that he wrote to the former CEO of Clear Channel demanding that I be made to apologize and maybe forced to resign over unfairly calling a veteran a phony soldier.  We auctioned that Harry Reid letter, and I agreed to match whatever it raised.  And $4 million was donated to the Marine Corps Law, 4.2, actually.  It sold on eBay for $2.1 million, and I had agreed to match it, so it was $4.2 million to MC-LEF.  And I was at the event that Trump was honored.  He was sitting, for what it's worth, two tables over.  But I was at that event, just to attest that it happened.

I want you to hear, Kallstrom was on CNN today.  Carol Costello was hoping, hoping that Kallstrom would somehow contradict what Trump had said.  She said, "Mr. Trump pledged $1 million of his own money to one organization.  Was it yours?"

KALLSTROM:  We did get a million dollars from Donald.  He's been a big supporter of veterans groups for close to four decades now, Carol.  I knew for some time that we were gonna be the recipient.  I didn't know the actual amount.  But I guess it was about a week ago.  Don't hold me to that.  Some week ago, ten days ago, and we actually received money.

RUSH:  Yeah.  And I was there.  I think it was like two Aprils ago.  Maybe it's in March.  But it's always at the Waldorf-Astoria in the grand ballroom there.  And Trump was the award winner and the recipient that year.

From: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/31/the_press_conference_republican_voters_have_wanted_to_see_for_years

Rush Limbaugh's Tuesday, 31 May show.   So Trump was honored by the MC-LEF TWO YEARS ago.   But yeah, the fact that his donation was the last one "sent", just goes to show that he had no intention of following through until the MSM started hounding him... ;/ ;/ ;/

Neither I, nor Rush, are fans of Trump.  But this is a non-issue, and made up out of whole cloth.  I'd really like to see the Clinton Global Initiative get this kind of scrutiny by not on the press, but also the IRS.  Like what they did to all the TEA party groups.  

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 10:40:51 PM »
I agree. I really don't like trump... but i'm not gonna invent *expletive deleted*it to push my dislike
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »
I agree. I really don't like trump... but i'm not gonna invent *expletive deleted*it to push my dislike
You won't need to you almost need staff to handle the input coming straight from the Donald

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 10:05:11 AM »
You won't need to you almost need staff to handle the input coming straight from the Donald

You know, this smacks of the MSNBC piece that basically lambasts Trump for personally responding to news inquiries and saying what's on his mind instead of hiring "a campaign team" to "drive a message."

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
You know, this smacks of the MSNBC piece that basically lambasts Trump for personally responding to news inquiries and saying what's on his mind instead of hiring "a campaign team" to "drive a message."

You know have to give us links to the stupid, right? Don't be a tease.

De Selby

• friend
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."