Author Topic: Moles  (Read 1922 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Moles
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:33:15 PM »
My mother has been battling moles in her yard for the last couple years. She has aggressively treated for grubs hoping they go elsewhere to no avail. Poison is out due to several dogs and cats.

Any APS wisdom would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Moles
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:35:58 PM »
Detcord
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:27:11 PM »
I had one last weekend and I gassed him. They sell these firecracker things at Lowes and the orange store that put out quite a bit of potassium nitrate, don't know what it does but I don't have mole holes anymore. :)

bob

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:36:26 PM »
We had voles, rather than moles, but the one cat kept the population in check. Pharaoh loved those things.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 03:55:59 PM »
Spring loaded trap that squashes them when they pass through the trap.  You gotta wear gloves so you don't human stink the trap.  Carefully cut two slits with a shovel in a main tunnel and carefully put the scissor part of the trap into the slits and cock it.

When you catch the first mole, you put his head on a stick to warn off his compatriots.  That doesn't work, but it makes you feel good as you slaughter the ones one by one that are left to give you a visual of your molacide.  All hail the slaughterer of moles.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »
The best mole trap is Avogadro's constant.  You can get them everywhere.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
Same way you deal with gophers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR0sWU1HzTE

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 05:34:11 PM »
The best mole trap is Avogadro's constant.  You can get them everywhere.

+1
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »
I went to Lowes and picked up smoke bombs. Used two on recently active hills. An hour later another hill appeared and I bombed that location.

My brother in law will be taking over the duties from here as they live with Mom.

Hopefully the three bombs got them.

Thanks!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
I used truck. Put hose on tail pipe other end in hole. Also used rat traps with peanut butter. Set em on surface next to hole then cover with metal bucket or tub so no light gets in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »
Castor bean oil is said to annoy them into leaving an area. Might be an option.

As for poison dropping a few gummie worms into the holes might be OK assuming the dogs aren't stupid enough to dig them up.  Once you kill one they all vacate, so it's not like you need to keep putting poison worms out all summer long.  At least that's what I'm lead to believe. 

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »
https://youtu.be/CgztUzqaL3E

Stoichiometry is your friend here...
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 02:06:08 AM »
Poison is out due to several dogs and cats.

Poison sounds like an excellent option for getting rid of the useless furballs, then replace them with some that won't permit a mole problem in their territory.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:05 AM »

I guess that is the aerosol version of detcord.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »

They were using one of those in the public parks in one of the more affluent (liberal) parts of Spokane to get rid of those ground dwellers and the people living in the area went nuts. Essentially complained enough about how inhumane it was to bury the little rodents destroying the grounds by collapsing their tunnels that they stopped using it. I am sure it is either rusting away in storage now or in a city Parks and Recreation employees garage. :(

bob

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »
I used poison peanuts and the gummy worms at one time.  The moles thrived on them. [popcorn]  Then I went back to my old standby spring loaded scissors trap and no more moles.

Looks like the Rodentator will solve your mowing problems as well.  You shortly will not have any lawn, just a WWI battlefield.   :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »

It's worth doing a little research on flow rates and the stoich you're looking for.  A friend and I were doing a similar thing in my teenage years and ended up accidentally disassembling his father's shed in an energetic fashion.  When creating fuel/air explosions a little goes a long way.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »
They were using one of those in the public parks in one of the more affluent (liberal) parts of Spokane to get rid of those ground dwellers and the people living in the area went nuts. Essentially complained enough about how inhumane it was to bury the little rodents destroying the grounds by collapsing their tunnels that they stopped using it. I am sure it is either rusting away in storage now or in a city Parks and Recreation employees garage. :(

bob

LOL... the moles die instantly in the explosion.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »
Lift off and nuke the site from high orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
I used poison peanuts and the gummy worms at one time.  The moles thrived on them.

Maybe you should have just used sugar free gummy bears.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
The best mole trap is Avogadro's constant.  You can get them everywhere.
+10^23
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
Donald Trump will build a wall, and the moles will pay for it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 08:54:49 PM »
"Looks like the Rodentator will solve your mowing problems as well.  You shortly will not have any lawn, just a WWI battlefield."

Well, WWII, but Pointe-du-Molé, France:

Got rid of the bastards permanently.

Terry

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointe_du_Hoc

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:31:24 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »
+10^23

Avocados are not toxic to moles. Just an old wive's tale.  =(
I promise not to duck.