Author Topic: NY Daily News Fires the AR-15  (Read 8886 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NY Daily News Fires the AR-15
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »
From reading the article, I get the sense that he's either just fabricating details, or he fired a fully automatic weapon, and also fabricated details. Either way, he probably lives a nice, safe life, and will never need to defend himself. He'll live to a ripe, old age.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 05:53:20 AM »
Yeah, that made me curious about the dealer and his motives, given all the others who turned the dumbass reporter down. There's no way to make a determination on the dealer good or bad though, because the article is such horse crap.

I don't know Ben, usually they get that *expletive deleted*it right.  I am leaning towards the dealer being not on our side and needs to be Zumbo'ed
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:49 AM »
I don't know Ben, usually they get that *expletive deleted*it right.  I am leaning towards the dealer being not on our side and needs to be Zumbo'ed

I wouldn't be surprised if he is fabricating how that conversation went down. He had "difficulty" explaining, just like all those gun owners were stumped in the Katie Couric interview.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 07:32:05 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he is fabricating how that conversation went down. He had "difficulty" explaining, just like all those gun owners were stumped in the Katie Couric interview.

Could be. Here's what the dealer supposedly said:

“There should be expanded background checks — extending into your family, friends and associates,” he said. “And there should be a mental health screening. In Europe, if you want to buy a gun, you have to see a doctor (for a psychiatric examination) to see if something’s not right.”

Stelmach, who opened his shop six years ago after a career in law enforcement in Europe, even calls for government officials to take away guns from some owners — something very few gun advocates support....

He loves the AR-15 for cops, soldiers, hunters and target shooters. “It’s fun to shoot something like that,” he said.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 07:37:37 AM »
Could be. Here's what the dealer supposedly said:

I don't recall seeing that in the link.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »
Looked again and saw a link in the link to the NY Daily News article. There is a video there to. Apparently this store owner was a cop in Europe before coming here. Pretty much explains his remarks.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 07:59:37 AM »
After the reporters girlfriend saw this story she decided they should both see other men.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 09:09:48 AM »
Looked again and saw a link in the link to the NY Daily News article. There is a video there to. Apparently this store owner was a cop in Europe before coming here. Pretty much explains his remarks.

That's what I thought.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »
A cop who wants to take away Americans freedoms? I'm shocked! What a cultural aberration.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
I guess that's what happens when you trust your gun store to an outfit that's vituperously opposed to basic human rights.

We are all collectively shocked.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »
http://knuckledraggin.com/2016/06/gun-shop-post-twisted-media/

So in addition to being a GFW*, the author is also a liar.

Thanks for sharing this.

*GFW: gun-fearing wuss.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »
So in addition to being a GFW*, the author is also a liar.

Thanks for sharing this.

*GFW: gun-fearing wuss.

It's too bad the gun shop owner didn't take a hint from the VDCL and RECORD everything.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2016, 04:09:28 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »

If this dude thinks shooting an AR leaves bruises and has temporary PTSD from shooting one, he'd have to be institutionalized for a mental breakdown if he got his hymen broke.

(in other words, knock off the "he's a girl" *expletive deleted*it. He's too wimpy for that)

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/gwCj7GPLgNs

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 06:01:49 PM »
It's too bad the gun shop owner didn't take a hint from the VDCL and RECORD everything.

The Daily News did:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThzNEs9jh_8&feature=youtu.be

(more worthwhile, and less "oh dear, I have the vapors!" than the written article)

Gun shop owner's comments about medical tests for gun ownership start around 2:45.  Unless the audio was heavily edited, it sounds like he is advocating such tests for U.S. gun buyers.

He also throws the PS90 and AK under the bus.

Perhaps he was not as misrepresented as he claims.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend

freakazoid

• friend

freakazoid

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:34 PM »
I had only scanned over the ignorant opinion piece. then today I actually caught the guys name.

Gersh Kuntzman.

Strangely appropriate.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 10:36:39 PM »
After the reporters girlfriend saw this story she decided they should both see other men.

Ha ha ha.  I saw what you did there.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 08:34:03 AM »

Ha ha ha.  I saw what you did there.

I believe his daddy did that to the boy...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

erictank

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
Doesn't matter any more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/14/the-gun-the-orlando-shooter-used-was-not-an-ar-15-that-doesnt-change-much/

bob

Eh.  Sig's webpage says you can put the MCX upper on any milspec AR lower.  To me, that's close enough to call it an AR, for me.

Not that it MATTERS, because it's the person not the tool.  But still.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 10:30:17 AM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama