Author Topic: NY Daily News Fires the AR-15  (Read 8888 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: NY Daily News Fires the AR-15
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
Eh.  Sig's webpage says you can put the MCX upper on any milspec AR lower.  To me, that's close enough to call it an AR, for me.

Not that it MATTERS, because it's the person not the tool.  But still.

I would agree with that.  I saw the pictures of the MCX yesterday and thought it looks an aweful lot like an upgraded AR.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
Ahhhh, if only looks could kill.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.ch/2016/06/another-lying-journalist-is-exposed.html

Yesterday the man in this video from the NY Daily News called and asked if he could come and interview us about the basic principles of how an AR-15 works. We acknowledged his offer so that we could prove that an AR-15 is indeed a great and safe weapon as stated in the video. After the video was filmed there was another Q&A type conversation on how things work in other countries, what are some of the things others believe would be a step into the right direction of gun control. To our knowledge we did not know that Mr. Kuntzman would completely turn things around and make our establishment look like one of anti-gun advocates.

We have received dozens of phone from all over the country in regards to the article. Many of these callers expressed disgust with the article and told us to stay away from the media. I can assure everyone that we do not support mental health screenings like they do in Europe and we don't think that government officials should take away guns from people as it was portrayed in the article. Currently we are doing everything we can to take this article down because after reading it we are just as disgusted about it as all of you are. Our team here at Double Tap would like to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and report that we are doing everything in our power to get this article removed.

I implore all of our supporters to share our apology with everyone in order to help defend ourselves from the media who is doing anything in their power to blemish the face of all gun owners and attempting to add more rule to the fire of the attempt of the liberal gun-grabbing agenda.To those that are writing negative reviews about us, please understand we had no intentions of having this article cause such an issue, nor intentions of us looking like anti gun advocates but, to educate which in turn did the complete opposite due to Mr. Kuntzman. If anyone has anymore questions or concerns please feel free to come in or call us we will gladly discuss this issue with you.

And for the record, if you get a bruised shoulder or PTSD from shooting an AR-15 you may be a Katie Couric, liberal with ought testicular fortitude.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
His Book Of Face with a post on the article. The comments are less than congratulatory.

https://m.facebook.com/TheGershman

Brad
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:53:53 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:06 PM »

Shocking, anti-gun hit piece is filled with outright lies. And folks wonder why the news is becoming less and less relevant.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 02:02:22 PM »
Propagandist, that's all.  Not a journalist.  Not too many modern reporters are.

The trouble really is that the NY Daily News actually has its finger on the pulse of most New Yorkers.  Hence its longevity.

Garbage in, garbage out.

And that goes in both directions in terms of "attitude flow" from the paper to the citizens and back again.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 08:24:04 AM »
The same writer reacts to Gator-ghazi.*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nature-kills-man-kills-back-article-1.2675014

*Because all scandals should now be named after Benghazi, rather than Watergate.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2016, 04:05:12 PM »
The same writer reacts to Gator-ghazi.*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nature-kills-man-kills-back-article-1.2675014

*Because all scandals should now be named after Benghazi, rather than Watergate.

I’m not anti-human. I’m anti-stupidity and anti-hypocrisy

Yet he is what he is against- the stupid being against stupidity is hypocritical.  =D

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »
Yep, he knows as much about wildlife management and animals as he does about guns. Figures.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2016, 05:39:37 PM »
The only upside of a civilizational collapse would be people like that getting eaten by rats in their rent controlled upper east side apartments.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
The only upside of a civilizational collapse would be people like that getting eaten by rats in their rent controlled upper east side apartments.

$10 says he's called an exterminator to get rid of the rats, cockroaches and other wildlife that is just doing what it does within city limits. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2016, 12:45:57 AM »
http://monsterhunternation.com/2016/06/16/ask-kuntzman/
ASK KUNTZMAN!   by Larry Correia
After the wildly successful feature where ace reporter Gersh Kuntzman gave us the straight scoop on what it is like to shoot the terrifying AR-15 “Black Mamba Star Killer Base” rifle, we here at the New York Daily News are happy to present our new feature ASK KUNTZMAN!

=D

In the cold New York City rain, I lay there helpless and soiled in the gutter. The terrifying Prius looming over me, asserting its alpha dominance, and I crawled away. Forever.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2016, 12:58:35 AM »
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/what-is-is-like-to-fire-a-bb-gun-t18065.html

What is it like to fire a Daisy BB gun?
I took a deep breath and determined to enter a Wal-Mart. A "greeter" met me with, "Howdy, welcome to Wal-Mart." I'm from the north. We don't say "Howdy". I sneer back at the microaggression and strain to hold back tears of rage. Barely controlling myself, I asked where I could find a BB gun. He directed me to "sporting goods," still smiling and gloating over his slyly delivered offense.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2016, 01:29:41 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
Vox "Voxplains" the AR-15. Any of you AR-15 owners pissed that you got ripped off on the grenade launcher?

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/06/20/vox-explainer-on-the-ar-15-goes-about-as-well-as-youd-expect/

Also, from the liberal rag from where I used to live (I read it once in a while when I need to calibrate my blood pressure monitor). I don't think the reporter got a single firearm related fact right. It's both amazing and frustrating that this nonsense becomes a common reference to the general population on what an "assault weapon" is:

http://www.independent.com/news/2016/jun/16/lone-woof/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:11 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2016, 03:40:43 PM »
Well, this guy has replaced revolver magazine dude for most meme'd by the gun world.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2016, 03:30:09 PM »
This video is right on the nose:

https://youtu.be/8T3qjpZB6ME
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
This video is right on the nose:

https://youtu.be/8T3qjpZB6ME
Yea, that guy does have a nose for trouble.  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
Getting his reward, like any good soldier taking one for the team.

Journalist Who Fired AR15 Bazooka Awarded National Defense Service Medal

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »
Getting his reward, like any good soldier taking one for the team.

Journalist Who Fired AR15 Bazooka Awarded National Defense Service Medal

Duffleblog hits the homer.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2016, 07:04:07 PM »
"It's good, though..."