Author Topic: Question and looking for suggestions  (Read 7765 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Question and looking for suggestions
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:56 PM »
I still hope to find out HOW it got there...
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »

I'm betting there was someone in the vicinity holding someone else's beer.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Question and looking for suggestions
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:10 PM »
Guy was using it to haul lumber to build a,pergola on a dock. He had his 17 year old helping. 17 year old failed to set parking brake .splash. at least no one was in it. It woulda been a bad ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »
I'm betting there was someone in the vicinity holding someone else's beer.  =D
Sadly while kid was sober likely dad was not.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 09:37:01 PM »
I hope they already fished junior out.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 05:53:03 AM »
Well thanks for the backstory but the scenarios I had in my head were funnier.
Foot luck with the recovery. Be safe.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »
Yeah, foot luck man.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 10:14:38 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
You need a crazy Jarhead pilot in a Sikorsky and a nutty diver.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 06:44:09 PM »
So after being submerged even in fresh water, can the vehicle be rehabbed back to working order?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »
hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this.........................

Personally, I'd just hire someone that knows what they are doing, to recover the Mule.  Or just write it off.  Sitting around in water sure isn't doing it much good right now,

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
So after being submerged even in fresh water, can the vehicle be rehabbed back to working order?
Probably need a new motor but even if it's dead I am reluctant to leave it in a lake. More of a no littering thing than a tree hugger thing

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 12:20:01 AM »
I hope the kid didn't get in too much trouble for that lapse.  We all have stuff like that happen.  At least I do.  Maybe not you.

Got off my motorcycle once in front of a bunch of girls standing around a coffee shop, swinging my leg high in the most macho manner possible, smiling at the girls.  Who smiled back.  Took one step away from the bike when it fell over.

I had forgot to put down the kickstand and it just balanced itself there for about a second.  

Me: :facepalm:

Girls:  :rofl:
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 07:36:14 AM »
Remarkably no one is blaming the kid as a matter of fact the kid's father is saying that he did it.
 but I'm watching the kids face when we talked about this and I'm pretty sure it was the kid that did it . I don't think Dad is lying to protect the kid I think that  he doesn't want to admit that he allowed the kid on the equipment

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »
Wait until you are in a busy bank parking lot at noon on your high strung RD350 2-stroke bike, give the kick starter a half-hearted stab, hear the engine light off, grab the throttle, dump the clutch and to your horror discover that the engine kicked back and fired up running backwards, quite possible with reed valve 2 stroke engines, as it rockets backwards between your legs, the flip-top gas cap almost emasculating you leaving you and your bike writhing on the hot Louisiana tarmac to the delight of the lunch time crowd there to deposit/cash their paychecks. Yes, yet another proud moment in my life...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

• friends
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »
Wait until you are in a busy bank parking lot at noon on your high strung RD350 2-stroke bike, give the kick starter a half-hearted stab, hear the engine light off, grab the throttle, dump the clutch and to your horror discover that the engine kicked back and fired up running backwards, quite possible with reed valve 2 stroke engines, as it rockets backwards between your legs, the flip-top gas cap almost emasculating you leaving you and your bike writhing on the hot Louisiana tarmac to the delight of the lunch time crowd there to deposit/cash their paychecks. Yes, yet another proud moment in my life...

Had a Daytona special. Never had IT run backwards . My rm 400 on the other hand...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »
Lol. Dad let kid borrow truck. Kid bent guard rail with dads truck

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
Put an add on craigs list for a diver. Someone will do it cheep usually.
I have a 100 pound lift bag I could lend you.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2016, 10:04:06 PM »

Had a Daytona special. Never had IT run backwards . My rm 400 on the other hand...

Boysen reeds, Wiseco pistons, Hot coils, Dyna III electronic ignition, bigger carbs, K&N Pod filters, TZ type chambers, porting. It was a different sort of beast at that time.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:38 AM »
If it rolls fairly easily underwater, why not put a line on it and pull it to an easier location to retrieve?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
Boysen reeds, Wiseco pistons, Hot coils, Dyna III electronic ignition, bigger carbs, K&N Pod filters, TZ type chambers, porting. It was a different sort of beast at that time.
They were pretty intense bikes
 Had a motor seize at summit point.  It was my fastest ever hitting the ground