Author Topic: while everyone has become hypersensitive...  (Read 2541 times)

brimic

• friends
while everyone has become hypersensitive...
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »
...those saying that this is racist have a point.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/27/red-cross-racist-poster/

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: while everyone has become hypersensitive...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »
...those saying that this is racist have a point.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/27/red-cross-racist-poster/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClcKNe5WYAAc4s9.jpg

No, they don't. The pool in the picture is about 50/50 white/minority.

Of the minority, there are 4 doing the "not cool" things.

Of the white, there are 2 doing the "not cool" things."

There is also a minority authority figure and a minority parent. Are we so into quotas that having ONE extra miscreant per the 50/50 population of the poster is racist?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
The children of color are pushing, running, and carrying beverages—and are labeled “not cool.”

I see a white kid running and the one carrying the beverage appears to be white to me also.

Other than that and the pushing I don't really see anything else that is being "not cool."
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
This could all have been avoided if they'd simply have used stick figures ...... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 12:45:53 PM »
I see a white kid running and the one carrying the beverage appears to be white to me also.

Other than that and the pushing I don't really see anything else that is being "not cool."

If the white girl had pushed the black one, they would have screamed about that too.  There was no way they could win this one; some people see racism everywhere.  (it all looks pretty balanced to me) 

Maybe if everyone was purple that would work...
"It's good, though..."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 01:11:38 PM »
Ever think that the artist was "color blind" and didn't give the "race balance" a thought and there was no racial bias implied actively or passively? That's how "normal" people would and, IMHO, should go about it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
Where is the Asian?  Where is the unsighted, the less than 4 limbed?  Where is the Amish, the Mooslum, and cthulu worshipers?  What about the hearing impaired and the person doing sign language for them?  Raaaaaaacisssssst.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »
Where is the Asian?  Where is the unsighted, the less than 4 limbed?  Where is the Amish, the Mooslum, and cthulu worshipers?  What about the hearing impaired and the person doing sign language for them?  Raaaaaaacisssssst.

The girl getting pushed is the Asian.

Which, of course, creates even more racism.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Where is the fat kid or the one confined to a wheelchair?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
Where is the fat kid or the one confined to a wheelchair?

They weren't allowed inside the pool fence.

DISCRIMINATION!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
I'm just confused about what the kid on the right is doing wrong, or what he is even doing. lol
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 06:50:07 AM »
I'm just confused about what the kid on the right is doing wrong, or what he is even doing. lol

He's peeing in the pool.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 08:22:52 AM »

Either shouting, or that oddly placed hand is from the kid he's trying to drown.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 08:40:48 AM »
Where's the gay confused transgendered kid?

*expletive deleted*ing bigots.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »
Where's the gay confused transgendered kid?

*expletive deleted*ing bigots.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.

That's the kid peeing in the pool, couldn't figure out which bathroom to use.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
no, they don't have a point.  Calling this 'racist' is agenda driven, and sophomoric.  We have become a Nation of aggrieved and slighted hyper sensitive morons.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:36 AM »
All I see is a bunch of kids, some that live at the pool and have developed a tan as protection from the sun's rays and the others who only get out of front of the TV on the rare occasion the mom tells them to get outside.  ;)

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »
I saw this on some website the other day, and what caught my eye was that they were calling it not just "racist," but "super-racist."  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 02:33:13 PM »
I saw this on some website the other day, and what caught my eye was that they were calling it not just "racist," but "super-racist."  :facepalm:
In my lifetime they have graduated from Prejudiced to Racist.  Now they have to come up with a new word as everyone is getting numb to being called racist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
In my lifetime they have graduated from Prejudiced to Racist.  Now they have to come up with a new word as everyone is getting numb to being called racist. 

On second thought, I guess there is a perverted logic to replacing racist with super-racist. Since living while white is now racist (see "white privilege") then if you accuse a white person of actually acting on her* inherent racism, you would have to use a stronger term.

*Because if I said "his racism" that would be sexist.

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 11:12:04 AM »
We have become Bizzaro World.  :(

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
I'll just leave this here:
http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/police-called-to-elementary-school-classroom-over-racist-brownie-comment

Holy hell. Police are called an average of five times per day, and apparently predominately for this kind of nonsense. I think when I was in elementary school, police showed up once per year, and that was to give a talk in the auditorium.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »
Holy hell. Police are called an average of five times per day, and apparently predominately for this kind of nonsense. I think when I was in elementary school, police showed up once per year, and that was to give a talk in the auditorium.

When I was in grade school, the principal had a paddle in the office. Now, the staff can't do that sort of thing, so 10-year-old Johnny gets hand-cuffed by 5-oh. Progress?

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
saw that article earlier this morning, and was wondering why the good Citizens have not stormed the school board meeting, and demanded the heads of the morons that they have allowed to run their schools into the ground.