Poll

Do you believe Trump is a racist?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
28 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Trump and racism  (Read 2314 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Trump and racism
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
This looks to be the primary direction the Democratic operatives with bylines and Democratic operatives known as the mass media are going to use attacking Trump.

Maybe we should define what we mean by racist and why it does or doesn't apply to Trump.

Of course with this being an Armed Polite Society we will read and reread our posts before posting, making sure nothing needlessly inflammatory or truly racist is posted.

If this issue can be discussed without going off the rails by anyone certainly we can do it.   

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Trump and racism
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:28 PM »
Why are you asking us?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 12:07:33 PM »
Why are you asking us?

Trump promotes some PaleoCon ideas about immigration and Nationalism that I agree with, more or less.

That means that I could be biased against seeing his racism as that might mean I was being racist or be considered racist for holding similar views. Nobody wants to be called a racist.

There is no shortage here of those that dislike Trump but nobody here is your typical social justice warrior who sees racism everywhere. So if there was racism they potentially would be more likely to see it than I would.  

Whether we are supporters of Trump or not, having immigration control and true nationalism branded racist is something we will need to fight against. That is of course assuming controlling our borders and having public policy that is in our national best interest is something you support.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »
I don't think anyone here (at least, not that I've seen) has said he's racist. Lots of other things, but not racist. I could be wrong

Edited to add: as a side note, between the FBI news today and the violence at the trump rallies, I think the left is handing Trump the election
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 12:34:07 PM »
I don't think anyone here (at least, not that I've seen) has said he's racist. Lots of other things, but not racist. I could be wrong

Edited to add: as a side note, between the FBI news today and the violence at the trump rallies, I think the left is handing Trump the election

Well, atleast something is going well .....  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

If you discount massive vote fraud that is sure to happen, both on the voting and on the counting side.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 07:38:31 PM »
Well, atleast something is going well .....  [tinfoil]
I don't know if going well is the right way to look at it. Unless you have a strange concept of going well.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

While I continue to believe that every Mexican flag waved, and every woman hit, at a Trump rally gets him tens of thousands of "for spite" voters, I'm pessimistic that the FBI news will have much impact. I'd love to be wrong (though I still don't think I'll vote for Trump, but I find myself rooting for spite nowadays).

Oh, as to the OP, I don't believe Trump is a racist. I think he makes idiotic statements sometimes without thinking that make him sound racist.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »
While I continue to believe that every Mexican flag waved, and every woman hit, at a Trump rally gets him tens of thousands of "for spite" voters, I'm pessimistic that the FBI news will have much impact. I'd love to be wrong (though I still don't think I'll vote for Trump, but I find myself rooting for spite nowadays).

Oh, as to the OP, I don't believe Trump is a racist. I think he makes idiotic statements sometimes without thinking that make him sound racist.

Ive migrated from "i won't vote for him" to "i might vote for him" solely on today's news
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 08:39:01 PM »
According to some reports, Trump insisted many years ago that blacks and Jews be allowed to join his gold clubs, which upset many of the then "establishment." That doesn't seem to align with charges of racism.

Maybe it's just that he's smart enough to have figured out that if the majority of radical Islamic terrorist attacks are carried out by radical Islamic terrorists, the best way to cut down on such attacks is to limit access to American targets by radical Islamic terrorists.

I dunno -- it works for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
Maybe it's just that he's smart enough to have figured out that if the majority of radical Islamic terrorist attacks are carried out by radical Islamic terrorists, the best way to cut down on such attacks is to limit access to American targets by radical Islamic terrorists.

For all the things I disagree with him on, this is NOT one of them.

It's freakin' common sense!
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »
I never figured him for a racist, but then I don't figure most people accused of racism to be racists.

Classist? oh yeah and much of what gets called racism these days is, IMHO, actually classicism (which is a distinction that NEEDS to be made because calling it all racism is not helping anyone)
But Trump is fairly typical in that respect. He's an uber wealthy elitist. Obviously his perspective of what the peons need and want is going to be pretty skewed.

*shrug* The whole "Trumps a racist" thing is one of the things I never bought in to. Race just would not be a determining factor in his calculations for anything, really. I'll buy some sexism and, again, definitely some classicism, but not racism.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »
For all the things I disagree with him on, this is NOT one of them.

It's freakin' common sense!
Which sadly isn't very common.

People have called him a lot of things, but it seems like kind of late in life for him to have sprouted a white hood and become a racist out of thin air. Course he also became a gun loving abortion hating freedom fighting conservative in the same bout of personal enlightenment, so what the hell do I know.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »
Ive migrated from "i won't vote for him" to "i might vote for him" solely on today's news

You are not the only one.

FTR, that was how I hoped my vote for Trump in the primary was understood by the GOPe.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »
hell, if anything the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the looney left, illegals, and islamofascists after a trump win would be glorious
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »
FTR, that was how I hoped my vote for Trump in the primary was understood by the GOPe.

Same here.

And if this latest is in fact riling up fence sitters that might have otherwise voted for Clinton, good.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 10:44:12 PM »
I've never seen or heard anything to make me believe he is personally racist. I think both leftists who are desperate to play the race card, and actual white supremacists who are desperate to see their views mainstreamed both read things into him hat aren't there.

Now, he does have a habit of retweeting neo-nazi memes that feature things like SS troops in the background or such, but that really strikes me more as "He's a careless idiot" or "He really is just trying to hand it over to Hillary" than anything.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »
I don't know if going well is the right way to look at it. Unless you have a strange concept of going well.

I was trying for sarcasm.
Sans  sarcasm, what I meant was "@%Â¥**&$#@@#😨 €€₩CR*P!" :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 06:54:17 AM »
It's not just leftists - all elites and media servants need to portray trump as the candidate of ignoramousus and radical racists.  It's part of their marketing campaign to try and shut down the one candidate in the race who doesn't answer to them.

The more I see of these allegations, the more I'm convinced trump is exactly the man for the job.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 07:14:15 AM »
A sign of hollywoods baleful antisemitism...

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 07:36:25 AM »
A sign of hollywoods baleful antisemitism...

You can tell by the blondes on the package - only a racist company would dare include people with "Nordic American" features on the package!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »
At this point in time I don't think anyone questions Disney's multicultural, feminist and globalist credentials.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
It's not just leftists - all elites and media servants need to portray trump as the candidate of ignoramousus and radical racists.  It's part of their marketing campaign to try and shut down the one candidate in the race who doesn't answer to them.

The more I see of these allegations, the more I'm convinced trump is exactly the man for the job.

So even the Republicans are treating him like a Republican?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
I've never seen or heard anything to make me believe he is personally racist. I think both leftists who are desperate to play the race card, and actual white supremacists who are desperate to see their views mainstreamed both read things into him hat aren't there.

Now, he does have a habit of retweeting neo-nazi memes that feature things like SS troops in the background or such, but that really strikes me more as "He's a careless idiot" or "He really is just trying to hand it over to Hillary" than anything.

This..  if Trump wins, a whole lot of people who have been projecting their beliefs on him are going to be very disappointed.  Racists, small government types, 2A supporters, etc.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 12:12:44 PM »
This..  if Trump wins, a whole lot of people who have been projecting their beliefs on him are going to be very disappointed.  Racists, small government types, 2A supporters, etc.

I do believe Trump has been "shown the light" with regards the 2A, because his sons read him the riot act.  Both are gun owners and atleast one is a hunter (maybe both?).  Family can be effective influencers.

Racists....small govt. types, free traders....oh yea. 
Trump is "good"( [barf] ) only in that he's the lesser evil compared to Hillary.