Author Topic: Local to me news - permit holder killed by police  (Read 24540 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2016, 02:12:41 AM »
Interesting tactic
They aren't the tree houses photos where are the photos that came off the surveillance cameras but by attributing to that source you tried to attack this information
Looking at those pictures and looking the dead guy
 I'd say they got a shot and claiming that they thought it was him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
Re:
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
Interesting tactic
They aren't the tree houses photos where are the photos that came off the surveillance cameras but by attributing to that source you tried to attack this information
Looking at those pictures and looking the dead guy
 I'd say they got a shot and claiming that they thought it was him

It's at the snopes article linked in this thread.  As is the debunking.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2016, 03:06:55 AM »
Did I miss read the Snopes article did say that he wasn't a suspect but didn't say he didn't look like the suspect

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re:
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2016, 07:28:01 AM »
Did I miss read the Snopes article did say that he wasn't a suspect but didn't say he didn't look like the suspect

So my theory is likely correct. The cop was jumpy from the start, because he was operating under the assumption that they were armed robbery suspects. 
Which makes this more heinous. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Local to me news - permit holder killed by police
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
USA Today has article quoting cops lawyer.

Apparently they are claiming the gun was not holstered and was visible. 

That doesn't mean I believe the cop acted correctly but it does add a wrinkle in the initial narrative we were fed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/09/lawyer-minnesota-cop-reacted-gun-not-race/86894752/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2016, 09:45:20 AM »
USA Today has article quoting cops lawyer.

Apparently they are claiming the gun was not holstered and was visible. 

That doesn't mean I believe the cop acted correctly but it does add a wrinkle in the initial narrative we were fed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/09/lawyer-minnesota-cop-reacted-gun-not-race/86894752/
  I wouldn't expect a lawyer to claim his client is guilty.

If the gun was anywhere but in the man's hand, the cop should burn.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2016, 09:54:46 AM »
  I wouldn't expect a lawyer to claim his client is guilty.

If the gun was anywhere but in the man's hand, the cop should burn.

What I noticed was that the lawyer didn't claim he was reaching for the gun.

The only understandable reason for the cop to open fire is if he was reaching for or had the gun in his hand.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »
What I noticed was that the lawyer didn't claim he was reaching for the gun.

The only understandable reason for the cop to open fire is if he was reaching for or had the gun in his hand.
The girlfriend said he was reaching for his ID at the request of the officer. If he had a gun in his lap and reached toward his ID it could easily escalate.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
You're making things up now, because I haven't said anything like that. I never drew any line between the fringe and the mainstream. I did acknowledge that the internet is rife with violent talk from all sides. But I was referring to people like Sarah Palin, and Rush Limbaugh, and the Tea Party movement, all of which have been falsely accused of inciting violence at various times. Again, to clarify, I wasn't talking about them because they're not "fringe," but because they, specifically, have been unfairly accused.

We have video of BLM chanting for "dead cops."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

Is there such a video or audio from Fox News programs, from Rush Limbaugh, from a Tea Party rally, or any other such? And who has been murdered because of it?

And again, your Ann Coulter quote is not an example of this. You're smart enough to understand why.

Plenty of militia types who call for the murder of feds and politicians. Plenty of lawn order right wingers who call for killing drug dealers. Plenty of folks on gun forums who call for genocide against Muslims. But since they only do it online it doesn't count, of course.

Also, you're arguing out of both sides of your mouth here. Does rhetoric incite violence, or not? Can we hold groups culpable for the actions of people we can however tenuously tie to their rhetoric or not? You seem to be saying it's wrong when the left does it and ok when we do it. I'm saying it's always stupid and wrong.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »

You seem to be comparing comments on the internet, which is plenty violent on both sides. I was talking about comments in news media, from talk show hosts, and from activist groups. There's where I'm seeing a big difference. But don't let that interrupt your need to be gleeful about how you're smarter and more objective than everyone else. We all love that feeling, don't we?

Also, since you didn't like my first response, I'll go ahead and point out why this is wrong again.

Please provide quotes from the news media and talk show hosts calling for the death of cops. I'll wait. "Activist groups" would fall under "both sides do it" of the internet example, unless of course you don't count militias and right wing entities as "activist groups." Which I'm betting you don't.

You want to hold Joe Walsh responsible for cops shooting unarmed black guys, right? He's a former politician and talk show host so surely his violent rhetoric is responsible for every trigger happy moron with a badge right?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/joe-walsh-obama-war-tweet/

This is totally Joe Walsh's fault. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
You seem to be saying it's wrong when the left does it and ok when we do it. I'm saying it's always stupid and wrong.

OK, here's everything I've said about this. Just point out the parts where I said it was OK for the right to incite violence.

They're [I was referring to the left, as a reply to Ben's post] also good at blaming "hateful right-wing rhetoric" for crimes committed by Democrats, and ignoring the "pig-killing" rhetoric of BLM.

It's actually quite one-sided. BLM parades through the streets saying things like "What do we want? Dead cops!" We don't hear things like that, directed toward anyone, at Tea Parties, or from Rush Limbaugh, or from Fox News. Besides, Claire Wolfe? She's not exactly as high-profile as Black Lives Matter, or the afore-mentioned right-wingers.

BTW, what did Claire Wolfe say that was inciting? I'm not finding anything out there. I know almost nothing about her, so I could use any help you could offer.

You seem to be comparing comments on the internet, which is plenty violent on both sides. I was talking about comments in news media, from talk show hosts, and from activist groups. There's where I'm seeing a big difference. But don't let that interrupt your need to be gleeful about how you're smarter and more objective than everyone else. We all love that feeling, don't we?

So you disagree with anything I say, just because you don't like me. Very well. You weren't going to win this argument, anyway, as the Tea Party never marched through the streets calling for murder.

Was that supposed to be an example of a right-wing media figure calling for someone's murder? You realize she was lampooning the left's pro-child-killing arguments, yes? And she didn't say anyone should be terminated - you realize that, right?

Even if you do find an example of such from the right, I wasn't saying it never happens. We all know the left (both the politicians and the press) are prone to blame the right-wing figures for acts of violence they're not connected with, committed by people we have no reason to believe took their orders from them. For example, blaming the Tea Party for the actions of a pilot who flew his plane into an IRS building - his suicide note quoted a Communist creed, and mocked capitalism. Sarah Palin was blamed for the shooting of Gabby Giffords and a federal judge, though no connection was ever discovered. Bill Clinton blamed right-wing talk radio for the OKC bombing, despite any clear evidence that the bombers were motivated by same.

On the other side, we have a rather clear-cut case of BLM marchers publicly calling for the murder of police officers, and several police officers (in Dallas and NYC) murdered.

I did learn that the march I referred to was an affiliated group, and perhaps not officially BLM.

If there were, why don't you mention at least one example?

So do you think a racist movement that calls for the murder of police officers is at all to blame, when people murder police officers, and call it revenge for Eric Garner and Michael Brown? (New York City, 2014) Or when someone allied with the New Black Panthers goes on a racist killing spree against police, at a BLM event in Dallas?

Then why did you cite someone NOT saying that?

Also, how many are you calling a lot? Not that one death isn't of huge significance by itself, but you said "a lot," so the numbers must be meaningful to you. How many?

It's funny. I don't recall saying that no one from the right side of the aisle has ever called for the murder of anyone.

I do recall commenting on the fact that left-wing press and politicians blame right-wing "rhetoric" for unrelated violence, while downplaying the actual connections between left-wing rhetoric and the violence they commit. I don't see that being refuted any time soon.

Again, every death is significant (since all lives matter  smiley), but since you said "a lot" of people have been killed, let's look at the numbers. Three people have been killed since Tiller, though I don't think any of them were actually clinic employees.

According to the National Abortion Federation, there have been eleven people killed by anti-abortion violence in the U.S., the first one in 1993.

http://prochoice.org/education-and-advocacy/violence/violence-statistics-and-history/

2014: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/21/2-nypd-cops-shot-in-car-critically-injured.html

2015: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-kill-north-county-man-wanted-in-fatal-shooting-of/article_f4629c92-1769-557f-841d-2f8446c162cd.html

2016: Five police officers murdered in Dallas

So in forty-some years (since Roe v Wade), anti-abortion vigilantes have killed 11 people. BLM has killed 8 in under two years.

You're making things up now, because I haven't said anything like that. I never drew any line between the fringe and the mainstream. I did acknowledge that the internet is rife with violent talk from all sides. But I was referring to people like Sarah Palin, and Rush Limbaugh, and the Tea Party movement, all of which have been falsely accused of inciting violence at various times. Again, to clarify, I wasn't talking about them because they're not "fringe," but because they, specifically, have been unfairly accused.

We have video of BLM chanting for "dead cops."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

Is there such a video or audio from Fox News programs, from Rush Limbaugh, from a Tea Party rally, or any other such? And who has been murdered because of it?

And again, your Ann Coulter quote is not an example of this. You're smart enough to understand why.

I accept. Add to the count, if you like.

Oh, were those Million Man marcher guys too much on the fringe? Are they not BLM-ey enough for you?

You're hilarious. Thanks for propping up my point. On the Palin thing, your own link (after the moral panic about some obviously metaphoric language) admits that there's no link between the shooter and Palin.

The Limbaugh thing is even weaker, for your point. How is anyone incited to violence by Rush talking about how the Hondurans should invade us? As Honduras didn't invade, it apparently incited no one.

Sad. You're so off your game today.

Also, I'm not sure where you get the idea that I claimed there were news media, or talk show hosts asking for police to be killed. What I'm saying is that the left, especially their media arm, is reluctant to blame their own side, when violent rhetoric coincides with actual violence. So you'd counter my argument by finding the establishment press blaming lefties for violent rhetoric.

Now, my original point was that the left tends to downplay the presence of hateful or violent rhetoric on their side, and to obsess over remarks from the right that in many cases are not hateful or violent, and then blame them for violence that in some cases is committed by leftists. You and De Selby have provided a few examples here. The Joe Walsh stuff is the closest either of you have come to something that is (arguably) violent rhetoric from any media figure on the right.

To quote myself again:
I was referring to people like Sarah Palin, and Rush Limbaugh, and the Tea Party movement, all of which have been falsely accused of inciting violence at various times. Again, to clarify, I wasn't talking about them because they're not "fringe," but because they, specifically, have been unfairly accused.

It does seem I lost sight of my own point a couple of times, over the course of the conversation. Some of my comments did not serve my original point, but they hardly amount to excusing right-wing violence or violent language, to the extent that it exists.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
And police radio transcript says he matched description of armed robbery suspect

Black man with a wide nose.  Right up there with short, dark haired Asian man in the "highly specific descriptions" hall of fame.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2016, 08:47:41 AM »
I'm sitting in an airport watching a CNN crawl, so I don't have a lot of details, but I saw the officer in this shooting was charged with manslaughter today.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
I'm sitting in an airport watching a CNN crawl, so I don't have a lot of details, but I saw the officer in this shooting was charged with manslaughter today.

Yep. Ouch.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »

Heard it on the radio. As I said at the time, the only thing surprising about this case is that the BLM people may have accidentally chosen a circumstance where the person killed by the police officer was wholly innocent.

(And, I notice they don't talk about this one anymore. Which reverts to the observed pattern, at least.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »
Heard it on the radio. As I said at the time, the only thing surprising about this case is that the BLM people may have accidentally chosen a circumstance where the person killed by the police officer was wholly innocent.

(And, I notice they don't talk about this one anymore. Which reverts to the observed pattern, at least.)

What are you talking about?  When did BLM stop talking about this one?

Are you sure you aren't referring to the mainstream media?

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
http://www.kare11.com/news/local/officer-charged-in-philando-castile-shooting/352780092

Cop is charged with manslaughter 2.

Gun was found inside the man's front pocket by the paramedics after they unbuckled the seatbelt and took him out of the car to treat him.

Here's the actual complaint:
https://www.scribd.com/document/331322209/Minnesota-vs-Yanez-Jeronimo-Complaint-11-16-16-New#fullscreen&from_embed
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein