Author Topic: Easier for a Teen to Get a Glock Than a Computer  (Read 2982 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Easier for a Teen to Get a Glock Than a Computer
« on: July 12, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
Said Obama while he was supposed to be giving condolences at the Dallas LE memorial.

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/07/12/obama-slammed-for-pushing-this-gun-control-b-s-in-dallas-memorial-speech/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Easier for a Teen to Get a Glock Than a Computer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »
O's 7 main carpy "points"

1. Equating The Murders of The Dallas Police Officers With The Killings of Alton Sterling And Philando Castile.
2. Suggesting That Today’s Police Departments Are Still Rife With The Legacies of Slavery And Jim Crow.
3. Reeling Off Meaningless Statistics To Indict Police.
4. Defending The Black Lives Matter Agenda.
5. Pushing Government Spending.
6. Pushing Gun Control.
7. Ignoring Solutions.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »
I really don't know why he was allowed to speak.  The families should have forbid it.
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:33:07 PM »
I really don't know why he was allowed to speak.  The families should have forbid it.

You think he'd actually respect their wishes? The DPD chief already told him not to come. It didn't work.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »
You think he'd actually respect their wishes? The DPD chief already told him not to come. It didn't work.

Was this a funeral service?  The funeral director would have probably loved the opportunity to throw him out; all they [the family] had to do was ask.  It would be great for business.

Or the DPD chief could have arrested him for trespass.

Someone needs to get it through his fat head that he's not welcome everywhere, and not everybody is honored by his presence.
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »
By contrast, here is what a man with a little humility and tact had to say: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-12/transcript-george-w-bushs-remarks-at-dallas-memorial-service

I'll have to see if I can find a transcript of Obama's speech.  (I don't think I can suffer through watching a video of it)
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:58:44 PM »
Is he actually that out of touch with reality or is it an act?

I'd think that, as a former "community organizer", he'd have a bit more empathy.  This is a memorial, you dumb ****.  Leave the politics at home.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 10:13:16 PM »
I refused to watch the memorial service because Obama was speaking. I see he lived down to my expectations. Too bad the entire DPD didn't give him their backs.....or their fingers.

Maybe I'll google Bush's speech later.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 10:16:24 PM »
The President is a propaganda artist.

Every opportunity he has to anchor his narrative as reality will be taken.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »
I refused to watch the memorial service because Obama was speaking. I see he lived down to my expectations. Too bad the entire DPD didn't give him their backs.....or their fingers.

Maybe I'll google Bush's speech later.

Bush did well. I caught a bit. Louise was watching, mostly I think just to be outraged by Obama. She enjoys her outrage and getting Katie worked up by discussing politics at work. Unfortunately for her, I was too busy to play along at getting Katie annoyed.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Easier for a Teen to Get a Glock Than a Computer
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 10:33:19 PM »
By contrast, here is what a man with a little humility and tact had to say: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-12/transcript-george-w-bushs-remarks-at-dallas-memorial-service

I'll have to see if I can find a transcript of Obama's speech.  (I don't think I can suffer through watching a video of it)
Despite disagreeing with him on policy and tactics, I miss having an honorable man in the White House.

Thank you for your example, President Bush.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 10:40:52 PM »

Is it just me?
O is at least pretending to reflect on GWB's message. Michele has her standard look of derision.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 11:00:53 PM »
Is it just me?
O is at least pretending to reflect on GWB's message. Michele has her standard look of derision.
She always has that look.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 06:27:16 AM »
She always has that look.
Is genuinely how she feels
As a test of leadership would be interesting to put a hundred soldiers in the middle of a field and Obama at one end and bush atthe other and both of them say follow me and see which way the troops run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »
Is genuinely how she feels
As a test of leadership would be interesting to put a hundred soldiers in the middle of a field and Obama at one end and bush atthe other and both of them say follow me and see which way the troops run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is there a third option?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »
We could always just dig in in the middle of the field.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 07:45:39 AM »
We could always just dig in in the middle of the field.

That is what the O-1's and O-2's would be doing, no offense scout.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 08:43:05 AM »
"We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to by a Glock than to get his hands on a computer"

Wait - is that a bad thing? Also, is he disclosing another gun-walking scheme?

And does he realize that those glowing rectangles people have in their pockets are actually computers?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »
Is he actually that out of touch with reality or is it an act?

I'd think that, as a former "community organizer", he'd have a bit more empathy.  This is a memorial, you dumb ****.  Leave the politics at home.

There is no such thing as empathy for a narcissist.

Toby Keith wrote a song for Obama: https://youtu.be/qonaFELxugE?t=35
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »
I haven't joined in the chorus of outrage over Obama's commentary (Obamantary?) on how it's easier to get a gun than an Obamaphone, or whatever he's been going around saying. (At least I don't think I have.) Having had some time to think about it, I guess I don't mind, since he's really just saying that gun control doesn't work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:07:14 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 05:07:41 PM »
I haven't joined in the chorus of outrage over Obama's commentary (Obamantary?) on how it's easier to get a gun than an Obamaphone, or whatever he's been going around saying. (At least I don't think I have.) Having had some to think about it, I guess I don't mind, since he's really just saying that gun control doesn't work.

I skimmed the transcript of the speech.  It wasn't all bad; parts of it were actually good.  But it would have been a lot better if he'd just quietly sat in the back and paid his respects and kept his mouth shut.  (I know that's unpossible)  For once in his life, don't steal the spotlight.
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 05:09:24 PM »
Imagine the speech he is going to give as he leaves office.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
Imagine the speech he is going to give as he leaves office.

Stop getting my hopes up.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 08:16:13 PM »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog