Author Topic: Pence As Trump's VP  (Read 5078 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Pence As Trump's VP
« on: July 14, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Pence As Trump's VP
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/32446237/donald-trump-picks-indiana-governor-as-running-mate

Anyone here from Indiana that can weigh in on this?

Pence has gotten a bit too progressive as Gov  and showed a wet-noodle spine in the face of the gaystapo.  Pence has no balls when faced by shrieking SJWs.

OTOH, he used to be good on immigration:
http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Mike_Pence_Immigration.htm
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
IN is one of the more responsible states fiscally IIRC

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »
Pence has gotten a bit too progressive as Gov  and showed a wet-noodle spine in the face of the gaystapo.  Pence has no balls when faced by shrieking SJWs.

OTOH, he used to be good on immigration:
http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Mike_Pence_Immigration.htm

So no different than Biden.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:48:46 AM »
Overnight I heard a few reports that maybe Pence is out.
Some scuttlebutt that Trump is pissed about Mikey running his mouth about things too soon.
Now we aren't supposed to get the official announcement till Saturday since Trump postponed the event out of respect for the trouble in France.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 08:27:24 AM »
Now we aren't supposed to get the official announcement till Saturday since Trump postponed the event out of respect for the trouble in France.
Which is troublesome for Pence because it is my understanding he has to announce by today if he is going to leave the race for Gov.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »
Overnight I heard a few reports that maybe Pence is out.
Some scuttlebutt that Trump is pissed about Mikey running his mouth about things too soon.

My thought is that it's Gingrich. He's one of those who pointed to Pence.

Trump knows he'll get more news coverage with a headfake and then a different pick. News covers the first guy. Covers the SUDDEN SURPRISE PICK! and then covers the new guy.

For all Trump's myriad faults, he knows how to play the media.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »
Of the three top picks I dislike Gingrich the least.
Christie is an abomination and I have to admit mostly ignorance about Pence but I don't like what little I know about him.
Nuts and bolts, actually doing the job, I think the Newt would be a good pick for the billet. Being able to get elected is another thing, the libtard media is going to run him through a shredder worse than they did with Palin.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 11:47:55 AM »
Trump confirms Pence.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/753965070003109888

I'm glad he didn't pick Christie.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
Trump confirms Pence.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/753965070003109888

I'm glad he didn't pick Christie.  ;/

My reaction as well. I'm not excited about Pence, given his squishiness, but he's better than Governor Christie.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »
Pence is all in for the TPP.  And he and Trump seem out of sync on immigration.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
Trump is well known for playing both ends of the spectrum.  He's a capitalist.  He's not a conservative or a liberal.  He's not a republican or a democrat.  He is a capitalist.  He has a large ego.  He has a streak of ruthlessness.  What billionaire capitalist is any different than he is?  He is probably the best manager of a 3 trillion dollar a year investment than anyone else.  Yeah the congress is supposed to hold the pursestrings but to Trump congress is the CFO.  He is the CEO.  And congress and the federal courts are also the board of directors.  He says what is on his mind at the moment.  He changes his mind.  I think he's one of those fellows who's mouth is part of his thinking process.  I understand that as I do the same thing sometimes.  Saying what you think out loud helps to cement the notion or idea.  Or, after you hear it, maybe you need to look at it again because the good people you surround yourself with provide you with some substantive information that causes you to reconsider your position.  That is being a smart manager.  

Concerned Americans have been wanting what Trump is for many years.  Now we have what we've been wanting and everybody is whining about it?  Judas Maude!!  What in the heck do you want anyway?  Most politicians are morons about, well, just about everything because they never have done anything!!  They are bought and sold like slaves on the dock.  And you want more of that?  Trump will be fun to watch and he might just actually straighten some crap out...to say nothing about the number of federal judges will needed over the next few years.

Quit bellyaching.  Rethink not voting or voting for a lost cause (who aren't at this stage of the game much better than Hillary as they are just another batch of politicians) just because your ego and self awareness seems to be more important to you than the health of our nation.  That's selfish thinking and frankly your posturing about it looks and sounds stupid.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:47:29 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »
Gingrich would have brought a lot of baggage to the table. Pence while being a compriser probably strengthens the ticket.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »
I was actually hoping he would pick Fallin, would have made a lot of Oklahomans happy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
I was hoping for Joni Ernst
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »
Gingrich would have brought a lot of baggage to the table. Pence while being a compriser probably strengthens the ticket.

Just goes to show the rift in this country. We consider Pence to be closer to center than right, while the Hillary machine and general left are screaming about what a rabid far, far right choice he is.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »
I was hoping for Joni Ernst

I rather like the fact that he's not playing the "we have women/minorities, too" game with his VP pick.

Not to imply that's why you wanted her. Just sayin...

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
I rather like the fact that he's not playing the "we have women/minorities, too" game with his VP pick.

Not to imply that's why you wanted her. Just sayin...

This.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 08:51:34 PM »
Reply #11....

Good goin', grampster !

Rigid opinion which I ain't changing:
Voting for unviable 3rd party candidates or not voting "in protest" is handing Ms. Clinton the winning ticket, and thank you very much.  Principles are one thing, who nominates SCOTUS candidates in the next 4 years is another.
^ Me said that.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:39 PM »
Trump is well known for playing both ends of the spectrum.  He's a capitalist.  He's not a conservative or a liberal.  He's not a republican or a democrat.  He is a capitalist.  He has a large ego.  He has a streak of ruthlessness.  What billionaire capitalist is any different than he is?  He is probably the best manager of a 3 trillion dollar a year investment than anyone else.  Yeah the congress is supposed to hold the pursestrings but to Trump congress is the CFO.  He is the CEO.  And congress and the federal courts are also the board of directors.  He says what is on his mind at the moment.  He changes his mind.  I think he's one of those fellows who's mouth is part of his thinking process.  I understand that as I do the same thing sometimes.  Saying what you think out loud helps to cement the notion or idea.  Or, after you hear it, maybe you need to look at it again because the good people you surround yourself with provide you with some substantive information that causes you to reconsider your position.  That is being a smart manager.  

Concerned Americans have been wanting what Trump is for many years.  Now we have what we've been wanting and everybody is whining about it?  Judas Maude!!  What in the heck do you want anyway?  Most politicians are morons about, well, just about everything because they never have done anything!!  They are bought and sold like slaves on the dock.  And you want more of that?  Trump will be fun to watch and he might just actually straighten some crap out...to say nothing about the number of federal judges will needed over the next few years.

Quit bellyaching.  Rethink not voting or voting for a lost cause (who aren't at this stage of the game much better than Hillary as they are just another batch of politicians) just because your ego and self awareness seems to be more important to you than the health of our nation.  That's selfish thinking and frankly your posturing about it looks and sounds stupid.

Speaking of belly-aching.

I expect I'll vote for Trump, though he was certainly not my first choice. That being said, quit lecturing the third-party voters. They have their reasons, just as you will have your reasons, when the Republicans finally nominate someone that even you and I can't stomach (and I've been there twice, already). If you're going to grouse, save it for the people that stuck the party with a less-than-unifying candidate.

And for the third-partyites, if you can't vote for the GOP candidate, then don't. Give your reasons if you like, but forego the moralizing and put-downs. We all have to use our best judgment here, and we don't all reach the same conclusion.

Can't we all just get along?  =)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »

Speaking of belly-aching.

I expect I'll vote for Trump, though he was certainly not my first choice. That being said, quit lecturing the third-party voters. They have their reasons, just as you will have your reasons, when the Republicans finally nominate someone that even you and I can't stomach (and I've been there twice, already). If you're going to grouse, save it for the people that stuck the party with a less-than-unifying candidate.

And for the third-partyites, if you can't vote for the GOP candidate, then don't. Give your reasons if you like, but forego the moralizing and put-downs. We all have to use our best judgment here, and we don't all reach the same conclusion.

Can't we all just get along?  =)

Well said fistful.

I still don't know which way I'm going. I'm currently still leaning third party vs Trump, but I suspect my mind won't be made up until late October. Many things could sway me one way or another, not the least of which would be another SC justice retiring.

I never dissuade those who want to go third party, whether it's against the R or the D "main candidate". Honestly, as a message to the establishment(s), I would love to see an outcome like this:

Trump 25%
Clinton 20%
The conglomeration of all other parties and write-ins 55%.

Something like that would send a message that everyone is sick of both sides.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »
"Speaking of belly-aching.

Can't we all just get along?"

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion and as such others can judge it.  If I think something is stupid, I might reflect on it, then maybe I'll say it.  This forum isn't necessarily for all of us to get along.  It's about conversation, ideas and the like. I have seen snark of the highest order on occasion since I've been a member...from the beginning.

I do, as a matter of fact, believe that one vote can have a large impact.  I was elected to public office and served my fellow citizens in several appointed positions as well as serving in LE.  I managed to have a positive impact in that regard on a number of occasions as one voice who convinced others.  It works better in the micro environment than in the macro.  I've been around the block.  Sometimes I'm blunt.  That is not rare on this forum, by the way.  I'm older than most here and was trained at a young age to pay attention to stuff.  We have a two party system in this country that has been challenged woefully on a number of occasions.  Usually it led from a bad thing to something getting worse, ala Perot.  It is not likely to change from that or have any other impact this time around, either.  That's why it's stupid.  You can yearn for change and work for change.  It ain't gonna happen.  To many Americans are ignorant, misled, lazy, uninformed or dogmatically oblivious.  The Tea Party went at it pretty hard and was doing it the right way at first.  It got trampled to death by the organization that it should have invigorated...the Republican Party.  So there you go.

Our Republic as we have known it is dying.  It can be salvaged, maybe.  But it ain't gonna happen by sitting on your heiney in a snit wondering why we can't all get along.  It ain't gonna happen by sulking, daydreaming and voting for some 3rd or 4th party candidate than no one ever heard of either.  Or wishing for some weird thing to occur...wait, a weird thing has occurred.  I'd rather go down watching that weird thing that actually exists now...that is Donald Trump than enduring 4 years of that annoying, shrill, caricature of a woman, which is what we'll get again if you stay home or vote for some sure thing loser because you're dreaming about something that isn't gonna happen.

OK, ban me now.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 11:23:03 PM »
OK, ban me now.

Pfft. Only if you vote for Hillary. :P  =D

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 01:28:58 AM »
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

That was informative.  Of what I don't know, but it was informative ..... ??? ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero