Author Topic: Three cops shot dead in Baton Rouge  (Read 5122 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Three cops shot dead in Baton Rouge
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 01:28:18 PM »
Oh crap, not again ...

Details as of 10:28am PDT:  3 officers killed, 3 more wounded, 1 suspect dead, 2 suspects at large.  Appears to have been an ambush.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »
These f*expletive deleted*tards are going to start something they will NOT like the results of.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »
These *expletive deleted*tards are going to start something they will NOT like the results of.....

And you just know they're going to try something in Cleveland during the RNC.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »
This will surely teach cops to respect "black lives."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »
I am the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Information Officer and would like to express out sorrow for these officers and the city of Baton Rouge and Louisiana. Please know that these criminals do NOT represent Louisiana’s Open Carry community in any way.

Our organization is a non-profit grass roots information and Second Amendment Rights organization focused primarily on Louisiana’s right to Open Carry. However, LOCAL does NOT promote the open carry of rifles in general and specifically advises against carrying them to/during such a protest! It's just plain idiotic to do so unless you plan to get shot or shooting, both of which we are against! Smart civilians and non police move AWAY from places where they are likely to get shot. If idiots advance on you, THEN you bunker down and DEFEND, not attack, ESPECIALLY THE POLICE! Every LOCAL member I personally know would have used their legally carried pistol to stop any idiot firing on the police if they are in a position to safely do so. PERIOD.

Speedy Mercer - LOCAL Information Officer/Sec/Treas
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »
These *expletive deleted*tards are going to start something they will NOT like the results of.....

Skeptical.

Crap would have to escalate to "Yugoslavia-level bad" or at least "South America-level bad" before the police are either so overtaxed or just disband to stay home with their families, before the kind of Americans that have jobs, mortgages, and families to think about start engaging in organized counter-violence.

And even the South American parallels don't really hold all that well, because "right wing" paramilitaries who were shooting criminals, narco-gangs, and leftist insurgents largely operated with the tacit approval, or at least a blind-eye from the government and military. Something not likely to ever happen in America, until we're way, way, way "down the road". And/or the "red state" areas that might be inclined to do so... they tend not to have the demographics to make a hot spot where it could happen.

We haven't even reached Detroit '67 or LA '92 riot-level yet.

Not even another Ferguson yet. And they were stirred up and pissed off enough to have their riot near Christmas/Winter when it was cold, which is unusual.

Kind of a new/strange dynamic might be at play here, because instead of the usual M.O. of poor urban black unrest just lashing out at everything and destroying their own neighborhood, or an area near it, the violence, assuming it's the start of a trend is at least kind of "targeted" at the group or governmental body they have the beef with.  

Cleveland tomorrow with the GOP convo will be the next benchmark.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »
AJ, it's a bit late to speculate on whether it's the start of a trend. We now have nearly a dozen dead cops, in four instances, in four places, within the last three years; and all connected to BLM, and fellow travellers.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 04:42:51 PM »
Cops are gonna hesitate less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 05:06:37 PM »
An outside agitator, I'm shocked! Shocked I say! From Missouri no less.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 05:39:51 PM »
the white guy who is the twitterverse spokesman for BLM says there will be a coup if trump wins

Why am I suddenly thinking of quotes from Tombstone...
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »
"This is not so much about gun control as it is about what's in men's hearts."
               - East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Sid Gautreaux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uykK2EIfMw8

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »
the white guy who is the twitterverse spokesman for BLM says there will be a coup if trump wins

Why am I suddenly thinking of quotes from Tombstone...

And yet Trump is the only candidate who said something sensible about both police and black citizen victims. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 08:10:11 PM »
And yet Trump is the only candidate who said something sensible about both police and black citizen victims. 

To save me googling, what did he say?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »
To save me googling, what did he say?

There's clearly a safety issue for black people, and the two recent shootings show we need to do more on that front.  He tied it to economic power - poverty and lack of jobs were the things he said we'd need to address.

It's hilarious that he's out and called it what it is in a much more straightforward way than Obama, and proposed the solution (get people working so they have economic and social power), and that's completely ignored by BLM.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »
It's hilarious that he's out and called it what it is in a much more straightforward way than Obama, and proposed the solution (get people working so they have economic and social power), and that's completely ignored by BLM.

It's not hilarious, but it is predictable. It doesn't fit their narrative about "Whitey" only wanting to beat them down. having a white man say something about trying to help them pick themselves up (by working -- gasp!) isn't something they want to embrace -- or even acknowledge.

On another note, it seems the Baton Rouge shooter is a Marine veteran. The Dallas shooter was an Army (Reserve) veteran. It's starting to appear that the United States military is training the people who want to destroy the rule of law in the United States.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »
Reading further on the Baton Rouge killer, This doesn't seem to fit all of his Pan African BS

http://imgur.com/iWF7uNA

You'd think racists would be a bit more discerning as to their targets.

On another note, it seems the Baton Rouge shooter is a Marine veteran. The Dallas shooter was an Army (Reserve) veteran. It's starting to appear that the United States military is training the people who want to destroy the rule of law in the United States.

I'm appalled by their *expletive deleted*it tactics, but I'll take any mistake they're willing to make.  The DC aholes had the whole town on edge for weeks.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 10:10:36 PM »
Reading further on the Baton Rouge killer, This doesn't seem to fit all of his Pan African BS

http://imgur.com/iWF7uNA

You'd think racists would be a bit more discerning as to their targets.

I'm appalled by their *expletive deleted*it tactics, but I'll take any mistake they're willing to make.  The DC aholes had the whole town on edge for weeks.

You may not approve of their tactics but in both cases a single assailant was able to kill multiple, armed police officers and wound several more armed police officers. And in both cases the police initially believed there were multiple shooters.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
It's not hilarious, but it is predictable. It doesn't fit their narrative about "Whitey" only wanting to beat them down. having a white man say something about trying to help them pick themselves up (by working -- gasp!) isn't something they want to embrace -- or even acknowledge.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/

Amazing what happens when your standards fall to *expletive deleted*it
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 10:13:12 PM »
Skeptical.

Crap would have to escalate to "Yugoslavia-level bad" or at least "South America-level bad" before the police are either so overtaxed or just disband to stay home with their families, before the kind of Americans that have jobs, mortgages, and families to think about start engaging in organized counter-violence.

And even the South American parallels don't really hold all that well, because "right wing" paramilitaries who were shooting criminals, narco-gangs, and leftist insurgents largely operated with the tacit approval, or at least a blind-eye from the government and military. Something not likely to ever happen in America, until we're way, way, way "down the road". And/or the "red state" areas that might be inclined to do so... they tend not to have the demographics to make a hot spot where it could happen.

We haven't even reached Detroit '67 or LA '92 riot-level yet.

Not even another Ferguson yet. And they were stirred up and pissed off enough to have their riot near Christmas/Winter when it was cold, which is unusual.

Kind of a new/strange dynamic might be at play here, because instead of the usual M.O. of poor urban black unrest just lashing out at everything and destroying their own neighborhood, or an area near it, the violence, assuming it's the start of a trend is at least kind of "targeted" at the group or governmental body they have the beef with.  

Cleveland tomorrow with the GOP convo will be the next benchmark.

We still have to get through August and maybe a hot September. I wouldn't count out full scale riots just yet.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 11:18:45 PM »
You may not approve of their tactics but in both cases a single assailant was able to kill multiple, armed police officers and wound several more armed police officers. And in both cases the police initially believed there were multiple shooters.

To clarify,  I'm appalled by how BAD said tactics were.  That the acts themselves were despicable isn't in question.  Both shooters deployed,  and should know enough to not get in a standup fight with superior forces.  They could've taken shots from cover, and went home,  making this last weeks.  What I mean is I'm glad they were stupid about it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Three cops shot dead in Baton Rouge
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 12:41:17 AM »
To clarify,  I'm appalled by how BAD said tactics were.  That the acts themselves were despicable isn't in question.  Both shooters deployed,  and should know enough to not get in a standup fight with superior forces.  They could've taken shots from cover, and went home,  making this last weeks.  What I mean is I'm glad they were stupid about it.
As far as i know none of them were infantry.  Could be wrong.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 12:52:35 AM »
Police are getting the short end of the stick with this type of engagement. Escalation is a lose-lose situation. You can't "get tough" on random suicidal individuals that shoot people who walk around in stand-out uniforms.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
There's clearly a safety issue for black people, and the two recent shootings show we need to do more on that front.  He tied it to economic power - poverty and lack of jobs were the things he said we'd need to address.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative. And social "justice" is about being given free *expletive deleted*it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”