Author Topic: Ted Cruz booed at convention  (Read 14284 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Ted Cruz booed at convention
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
Trump admitted he saw Cruz's speech two hours prior and let him speak anyway.

Think about that...... [tinfoil]

He let Cruz take enough rope with which to hang himself.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 07:54:22 AM »
Who backed out first?
Does it matter? All three did in march

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 07:54:59 AM »
He let Cruz take enough rope with which to hang himself.

Trump is puppet master....going to be interesting the next 3 months.

Can't wait what he does during the Dems' Convention.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »

Sure it matters, if Cruz and Kasich back out publicly first then Trump would have been insane to stick with it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »
Trump is puppet master....going to be interesting the next 3 months.

Can't wait what he does during the Dems' Convention.

Has Hillary and crew been making much noise about Trump during the RNC convention?
For my take, the classy thing to do would be to let them have their show and then go on the offensive.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »
Has Hillary and crew been making much noise about Trump during the RNC convention?
For my take, the classy thing to do would be to let them have their show and then go on the offensive.

Not a lot but there has been a few little squeaks from her camp.

You're right, normally the sides take a "hands" off approach during the other side's convention.

Just think that Trump won't.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:27 AM »
This election is hilarious. We have Hillary supporters up in arms about Melania Trump's speech and calling for honesty and integrity and Trump supporters calling for candidates to "honor their word!" when a contract with Trump is treated as a negotiating position. (If you're building something for him...)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 08:18:19 AM »
Sure it matters, if Cruz and Kasich back out publicly first then Trump would have been insane to stick with it.
It seems, and I stress seems, that trump bailed first and definitively.
At least as I gather in the new Yorkagain piece.
Does that make him a bad guy or is there another trump loophole

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
This election is hilarious. We have Hillary supporters up in arms about Melania Trump's speech and calling for honesty and integrity and Trump supporters calling for candidates to "honor their word!" when a contract with Trump is treated as a negotiating position. (If you're building something for him...)

It's not the contract that's the problem.  It's the going to the event and pulling that move.

Part of me thinks trump may have wanted to remind people that the establishment hates him.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Ted Cruz
And to those listening, please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.

Ah, this is the line that's the problem.

He said "Vote your conscience" when he should have said "Forget all the rightful misgivings you have about Donald Trump and suck it up and vote for him! Because he's TOTALLY trustworthy!"

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
Ah, this is the line that's the problem.

He said "Vote your conscience" when he should have said "Forget all the rightful misgivings you have about Donald Trump and suck it up and vote for him! Because he's TOTALLY trustworthy!"

Yeah because trump has been so guarded the party voters had NO IDEA what they were voting for!

Definition of hilarious:  career politician who played every trick possible to subvert the will of voters imploring for conscience voting!

News flash:  they DID vote their conscience, which is why Ted isn't the nominee.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:49 AM »
0.  I expected Ted to do what Ted thought best for Ted in the speech...and I was inclined to think that Ted would parley an endorsement for either a SCOTUS nom or an appointment to Attorney General.  The former is a terminal position, the latter left open further political climbing.  Ted would have made a good AG, especially if set after the Dem moles in gov't.

1. I don't think we'll have to worry about Ted Cruz (R-Uncanny Valley) getting a spot on SCOTUS or an appointment in the Trump Administration.

2. I also think that Cruz thought this a smart move, setting himself up for 2020 vs Trump or Hillary. 

3. Thing is, Ted is like Hillary in that the more folk see and hear him, they less they like him (see Uncanny Valley).  Ted does not have the MSM to drag his carcass over the finish line while shielding him from scrutiny as they do for Hillary.  Thus I doubt Ted will ever be POTUS and he has screwed himself good and hard with his no-endorsement speech.

4. I see about zero long term damage to Trump from Ted's shenanigans.  Trump beat Ted like a drum among Christian Conservatives in the primaries and he'll do even better vs Hillary.  Trump has not yet begin to play the fear card vs Hillary, as she has done to Trump. 

5. DS is correct in that Ted left open every possible construction of his words and action on immigration.  He is very (Bill) Clintonian that way.  Heck, he is even better than Bill at that game and smarter, too.  Sadly, Ted is lacking something human inside and has not learned to convincingly feign the whole panoply of human emotion and expression.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »
It's telling that everyone konws "vote your conscience" means don't vote for Donald Trump.  ;)

The local, Trump uber alles radio guy even called it a "dog whistle."  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:31 AM »
Morals and principles are complex

Seems that way.

Lots of finger-crossing involved with handshakes, I guess.  Pinky pledges are still reliable, though... right?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »
It's telling that everyone konws "vote your conscience" means don't vote for Donald Trump.  ;)

Yep.  Everyone knows Trump is a loathsome person.  The only reason to vote for Trump is that Hillary is even worse.

Of course, if primary voters were worried about Hillary getting elected, they won't have voted for the most unpopular candidate in the race among the general election voters.

It galls me that we are going to get an evil hag for president when we could have had an actual conservative.  The second amendment is going to DIE in the courts once she picks a bunch of judges.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »
0.  I expected Ted to do what Ted thought best for Ted in the speech...and I was inclined to think that Ted would parley an endorsement for either a SCOTUS nom or an appointment to Attorney General.  The former is a terminal position, the latter left open further political climbing.  Ted would have made a good AG, especially if set after the Dem moles in gov't.

1. I don't think we'll have to worry about Ted Cruz (R-Uncanny Valley) getting a spot on SCOTUS or an appointment in the Trump Administration.

2. I also think that Cruz thought this a smart move, setting himself up for 2020 vs Trump or Hillary. 

3. Thing is, Ted is like Hillary in that the more folk see and hear him, they less they like him (see Uncanny Valley).  Ted does not have the MSM to drag his carcass over the finish line while shielding him from scrutiny as they do for Hillary.  Thus I doubt Ted will ever be POTUS and he has screwed himself good and hard with his no-endorsement speech.

4. I see about zero long term damage to Trump from Ted's shenanigans.  Trump beat Ted like a drum among Christian Conservatives in the primaries and he'll do even better vs Hillary.  Trump has not yet begin to play the fear card vs Hillary, as she has done to Trump. 

5. DS is correct in that Ted left open every possible construction of his words and action on immigration.  He is very (Bill) Clintonian that way.  Heck, he is even better than Bill at that game and smarter, too.  Sadly, Ted is lacking something human inside and has not learned to convincingly feign the whole panoply of human emotion and expression.

Everything Ted Cruz does is Machiavellian calculation... while everything Trump does is...any different?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »
Yep.  Everyone knows Trump is a loathsome person.  The only reason to vote for Trump is that Hillary is even worse.

Of course, if primary voters were worried about Hillary getting elected, they won't have voted for the most unpopular candidate in the race among the general election voters.

It galls me that we are going to get an evil hag for president when we could have had an actual conservative :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.  The second amendment is going to DIE in the courts once she picks a bunch of judges.

You have to be kidding me.  I wouldn't call Trump conservative....he is a capitalist.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »
It's telling that everyone konws "vote your conscience" means don't vote for Donald Trump.  ;)

I know, that's particularly hilarious to me. Because OF COURSE people's consciences have a problem with voting for Trump.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »

Hey, he just called me a dog!  ;)  ("if you can hear the whistle, you're the dog")
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 10:37:33 AM »
To be fair, "vote your conscience" pretty much always means voting third-party or write-in. It's still funny that it has people so riled.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
Yeah because trump has been so guarded the party voters had NO IDEA what they were voting for!

Definition of hilarious:  career politician who played every trick possible to subvert the will of voters imploring for conscience voting!

News flash:  they DID vote their conscience, which is why Ted isn't the nominee.

The GOP needs to own Trump, because he is their creature, the end result of the way they've done business for ages.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:39 AM »
Honest question, do any of you think that the slanderous statements from Trump about Rafael Cruz and Heidi Cruz excuse Ted's lack of an explicit endorsement? Because if someone had said that ish about my family I wouldn't have endorsed him for a million bucks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:39:40 AM by Jocassee »
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »
Honest question, do any of you think that the slanderous statements from Trump about Rafael Cruz and Heidi Cruz excuse Ted's lack of an explicit endorsement? Because if someone had said that ish about my family I wouldn't have endorsed him for a million bucks.

Perhaps, but in that case you say so up front.  And you don't accept a prime time speaking slot. 

At least he attended the convention, unlike Bushs, Romney, etc. 
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »

I think it may have played a large part of it  ---- though Cruz is long known for his inability to "play well" even with other members of his own kindergarten.  Trump's quips about Cruz's wife were rude and loutish, and his idiot inference that his father had something to do with the Kennedy assassination since he allegedly had a photo with Oswald, I mean, that was the mark of a true jackwagon.  Oswald had photos made with Marina, his wife .... are we to suppose she was there in the book deposiory handing off ammo to Lee as he fired the rounds into the President??
In fact we know Marina was no where near the assassination site.
The whole thing was excercise in jackassery in its dumbest mode.
And we, the voters, are stuck with the results. :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero