Author Topic: Ted Cruz booed at convention  (Read 14285 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Ted Cruz booed at convention
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »
Perhaps, but in that case you say so up front.  And you don't accept a prime time speaking slot. 

At least he attended the convention, unlike Bushs, Romney, etc. 

He won 8+ states. He didn't have to "accept" a speaking slot, he earned it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Ted Cruz booed at convention
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
Perhaps, but in that case you say so up front.  And you don't accept a prime time speaking slot. 

At least he attended the convention, unlike Bushs, Romney, etc. 
Since the donald knew what the speech was gonna be do you think he was using  it to play the faithful? Again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2016, 12:14:09 PM »
He won 8+ states. He didn't have to "accept" a speaking slot, he earned it.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 12:14:20 PM »
The whole lot of them should be booed.

And tarred and feathered.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »
Trump brags about his serial adultery, his fans applaud what a player he is. Ted Cruz honors a pledge he made, but not as vigorously as Trump's fans want and they call Cruz a traitor.

Trump calls Cruz's wife ugly and implies he has dirt on her, his surrogates spread false rumors that Cruz has had numerous affairs, he implies Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK, and he constantly called Cruz a liar.

It's shocking, shocking I say, that Cruz refused to wholeheartedly endorse Trump.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
I think the next 4 months are going to be a hoot. [popcorn]

We get the government that we deserve becomes more evident every day.  Don't worry, Trump won't be elected even if he gets the most popular and electoral votes.  Why?  Because we won't know he got the most popular and electoral votes because key voting areas in America are rigged to pick Hillary no matter how anyone their votes.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:46 PM »
Trump brags about his serial adultery, his fans applaud what a player he is. Ted Cruz honors a pledge he made, but not as vigorously as Trump's fans want and they call Cruz a traitor.

Trump calls Cruz's wife ugly and implies he has dirt on her, his surrogates spread false rumors that Cruz has had numerous affairs, he implies Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK, and he constantly called Cruz a liar.

It's shocking, shocking I say, that Cruz refused to wholeheartedly endorse Trump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3701464/I-not-habit-supporting-people-attack-wife-attack-father-Cruz-doubles-refuses-endorse-Trump-angry-Texas-delegates-cowboy-hats-demand-GOP-s-nominee.html#ixzz4F44qmggh

'I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,' Cruz said

He put family first.

Good. My estimation of the man just went up. (Family comes before country in the order of correct priorities.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
I think the next 4 months are going to be a hoot. [popcorn]

We get the government that we deserve becomes more evident every day.  Don't worry, Trump won't be elected even if he gets the most popular and electoral votes.  Why?  Because we won't know he got the most popular and electoral votes because key voting areas in America are rigged to pick Hillary no matter how anyone their votes.

Supporter of candidate who espouses conspiracy theories is preparing for his candidates crushing defeat by readying conspiracy theory in advance.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re:
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »
Did folk forget this
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/

I don't keep up with debates, so I was unaware of that. It also looks as if the general public still believed Cruz was pledged to support Trump, at least up until last night.

Earlier, Cruz had told Cooper when asked the same question: "I'm not in the habit of supporting someone who attacks my wife and my family ... I think nominating Donald Trump would be an absolute trainwreck, I think it would hand the general election to Hillary Clinton."

That was almost four months ago, so this can't have been a surprise to the folks in charge.

I googled some of the more notable smears that Trump ran against Cruz, and they all seem to post-date Cruz's early March pledge to support the nominee.

That link also has text that's supposed to be from The Pledge. According to that, they did pledge to endorse the winning candidate, though it doesn't say when.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »
Everything Ted Cruz does is Machiavellian calculation... while everything Trump does is...any different?
Sure. One difference...
Trump plays to win and then wins.  Cruz plays to win and then loses.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
Achilles, sulking in his tent.  My advice: Ted, watch your heel.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2016, 02:38:39 PM »
It's telling that everyone konws "vote your conscience" means don't vote for Donald Trump.  ;)

The local, Trump uber alles radio guy even called it a "dog whistle."  :lol:
I hear "vote your conscience" as a fig leaf for may gopers who dont want to vote for trump but want others to vote for them when they get the nom next time around.  Oh no they are not faithless gopers they just voted their conscience.

As for third party purist zero probability of winning voting, that is properly known as "peter pan  voting."

Ftr my conscience tells me to vote for trump as jesus christ is not on the ballot.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:08 PM »
People thought Trump was exaggerating when he said he could murder someone on camera and his fanboys would still vote for him.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2016, 04:01:26 PM »
You have to be kidding me.  I wouldn't call Trump conservative....he is a capitalist.

You misunderstood me.  We should have nominated a conservative instead of the orange baboon.  But since the Primary voters picked Trump, we get Hillary instead.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2016, 04:14:39 PM »
You misunderstood me.  We should have nominated a conservative instead of the orange baboon.  But since the Primary voters picked Trump, we get Hillary instead.

I don't think we will have the evil hag...the orange baboon I believe will be the next  [barf] President.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
I'd say it really depends on what happens with terrorists between now and Nov. If a Nice happens and a bunch of folks are killed by an Islamic immigrant then Cheeto Jesus will probably win.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2016, 04:37:39 PM »
I hear "vote your conscience" as a fig leaf for may gopers who dont want to vote for trump but want others to vote for them when they get the nom next time around.  Oh no they are not faithless gopers they just voted their conscience.

As for third party purist zero probability of winning voting, that is properly known as "peter pan  voting."

Ftr my conscience tells me to vote for trump as jesus christ is not on the ballot.

Well, the winky face is there for a reason. And don't get me started on the third-party angst. 

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2016, 04:41:59 PM »
I'd say it really depends on what happens with terrorists between now and Nov. If a Nice happens and a bunch of folks are killed by an Islamic immigrant then Cheeto Jesus will probably win.

I have it on the highest authority that, despite his messiah complex, Glen Beck is not Jesus. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »
What is this Glenn Beck cheeto thing, now?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »

That might be a TOS/COC violation for here in TPP... but damn if that didn't make me bust out loud laughing.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2016, 04:50:17 PM »
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
That might be a TOS/COC violation for here in TPP... but damn if that didn't make me bust out loud laughing.  :rofl:

I'd hate to violate anyone's coc.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »
I don't keep up with debates, so I was unaware of that. It also looks as if the general public still believed Cruz was pledged to support Trump, at least up until last night.

Apparently even Cruz's onw (former) supporters believed that:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/21/richard-viguerie-ted-cruz-committed-political-suicide-national-tv/

And most importantly for those of us who endorsed Ted Cruz and worked for him in the Republican primaries, he betrayed the trust we gave him that he was a bigger man than his attackers and that there was a cause greater than self in the hard-fought battles of the Republican primaries.
I thought Ted Cruz was a patriot. Tonight, he proved he isn’t. However bitter and angry he is at Donald Trump, he knows that Trump is the only person standing between Hillary Clinton (a liar, a fraud, a thief and a traitor) and the presidency. And yet – after meticulously laying out the case against another 4 to 8 years of leftist tyranny — he refused to endorse the one man who can put an end to our long national nightmare.
After failing to endorse the Trump – Pence ticket last night, in eyes of most conservatives with whom I spoke, Ted Cruz became just another self-centered politician who walked back on a promise, failed to live up to his own Biblical standards and, when the battle raged the fiercest, put his own petty hurts before the future of his country and the conservative cause.[/quote[
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
Breitbart is %100 in the tank for Trump, their opinion means less than nothing.