Author Topic: PA - Governor Wolf and House Republicans throw vaping under the bus  (Read 7173 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: PA - Governor Wolf and House Republicans throw vaping under the bus
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 01:42:09 PM »
Indeed, I alternate between a Velocity RDA when I'm home or out with friends and a Billow V3 tank when I'm working. I'm always respectful of non vapers around me; but fortunately I'm usually in a situation where I'm not bothering anybody. If you want the best low profile tank out there, grab yourself a Kayfun. Tobecco makes the best clones. They're rebuildable only, and easy to use.
Seriously, look up the Kayfun tank or the Russian 91%. They're the same internal design. Similar amounts of vapor to a Nautilus. More durable, and rebuildable only. Authentics are $100+; but the Tobecco clone runs about $20 and is identical. I usually ran a 1.3-1.5 ohm build, and never fed it more then about 13 watts. The IPV looks pretty nice, I've stuck to Provari mods since I first tried one. I've been using a Radius since my pre-order showed up; but if you don't need the power, the 2.5 is down to $50, or $35 in their scratch and dent section. Perfect mod for The Nautilus or the Kayfun. Either will run all day on a single good 18650. Speaking of which, be very careful of the batteries you buy on Amazon. There's about an 80% counterfeit rate. Check out  http://rtdvapor.com/    Good guy, we have a bunch of mutual friends, and everything he sells is authentic. Prices are pretty good too. PG is a fair bit thinner then VG. In the Nautilus, 50/50 was about as High a level of VG that I could get to wick properly. With everything I use now I try to keep my mixes around 80% VG. I prefer to have less throat hit.
Finally got another Protank III a few weeks ago and been using it on an eGo-C Twist.  Ordered up a mini Protank III from Mt Baker and a iTaste LEO to have something a little more pocket friendly...

Right now, I've got 3mg Cinnamon Roll in the full size, cranked up to just where it doesn't quite taste scorched, and 24mg Honeydew in the little one.  I find that not-quite-cloudchasing with the lower levels is satisfying when I don't yet want a cig, and higher nicotine at 3.7V will stave off the craving for another 30-90 minutes depending on stress levels without utterly destroying my throat.

Anybody else tried Peaches and Cream cotton yarn for wicks?  I rewicked a couple of Protank II and older style III coils with it with good results.  Not sure how hard it would be to get that right with the newer style III coils, but at $8 for enough to rewick a few hundred times and crochet a good sized shawl too, it's nice to have around.

This must be what it's like to be a non-gunny on a gun forum.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 02:22:04 PM »

Or when various lube threads on a bicycle forum get derailed by gunnies.  I mean, let's face it; White Lightning Easy Lube is pretty much just DuPont Teflon Dry Lube that works well on nearly anything that doesn't need to either be packed with grease or total dry lubed with graphite.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »

It's not that bad. We're simply discussing the various issues with the flux capacitor caused by quantum horizon leveling. Specifically Birdman is more partial to certain lighter flavors and brands, Calumus is more partial to magnetic ionizing pulsars.

In gunny speak, Birdman likes 9mm, Calumus likes .45ACP.

Nothing to it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »

And in gunny terms, I have a .25ACP assault rifle on one side of me and a .44 derringer on the other.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »
Three pages of nerd vape speak.  I didn't know that was possible.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »
Three pages of nerd vape speak.  I didn't know that was possible.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ should blow your mind, then.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 08:22:41 PM »
It's not that bad. We're simply discussing the various issues with the flux capacitor caused by quantum horizon leveling. Specifically Birdman is more partial to certain lighter flavors and brands, Calumus is more partial to magnetic ionizing pulsars.

Nothing to it.

Well, you've got me pegged actually... :laugh:

birdman

• friend
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »

Nothing to it.

Except I like pulsars...and have only two 9mm's but SEVEN 45's (not including subguns)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:10 PM »
Except I like pulsars...and have only two 9mm's but SEVEN 45's (not including subguns)

9mm, like I said.  =D

Hey, I own... Hrm. Four 9mm? Excluding the Uzi. Only one .45

And oy. Model of clone and initial thoughts.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
And oy. Model of clone and initial thoughts.

https://www.eciggity.com/kayfun-v4-clone-by-tobeco/

That should be good. I'd suggest 28 gauge kanthal, then using the screwdriver that comes with the tank to make your coil. It ends up being the perfect size, and around 11-12 wraps should give you about a 1.5 ohm load. Then I always use CVS or Rite Aid brand organic cotton balls for the wick. Loads of vids on youtube for building guidance.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 05:45:51 PM »
vaping is not much better than smoking.  It should be thrown under the bus.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2016, 07:22:10 PM »

Exactly why?

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/nicotine-without-smoke-tobacco-harm-reduction-0

There you go. A study that wasn't funded by Big Tobacco, who are losing money due to vaping. Nor was it funded by Big Pharma, who's likely losing even more between nicotine replacement products, and future revenue from meds to treat smoking related illness. It also wasn't funded by a U.S. state or federal govt agency who rely on the massive tax dollars rolling in from tobacco. It also wasn't funded by a huge "non-profit" that gets a sizable amount of its funding from tobacco taxes. To be fair, it also wasn't funded by any corporation with a stake in the vaping industry.

Summery is that vaping is at least 95% safer then smoking. Like everything pertaining to "assault rifles" that you see on the news, pretty much everything reported about vaping by the mainstream media is based on slipshod studies, and self proclaimed experts who don't actually have a clue what they're talking about. Just because you don't like something personally, doesn't make it bad and worthy of banning.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
Exactly why?

[popcorn]

This is gonna be good.

:laugh:

(To non-vaping folks, Mannlicher made the equivalent of arguing the Ferrari 458 was not much better than a Pinto. Or an Uzi isn't much better than a Raven .25)

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2016, 10:31:53 AM »
[popcorn]
(To non-vaping folks, Mannlicher made the equivalent of arguing the Ferrari 458 was not much better than a Pinto.)

That may not have been exactly the comparison you were hoping for... :laugh:

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
Ferraris are hot!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:41 PM »
I don't mind vaping, so long as you aren't one of the a$$holes in an indoor public place blowing clouds of...whatever that stink to high heaven.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »
I don't mind vaping, so long as you aren't one of the a$$holes in an indoor public place blowing clouds of...whatever that stink to high heaven.

Plenty of people don't need to vape to do that, and nobody's passing legislation to have them forcibly deloused and Febreezed.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »
Plenty of people don't need to vape to do that, and nobody's passing legislation to have them forcibly deloused and Febreezed.

If I could, my job would be more pleasant.  Those stinky and buggy people end up in court.  Had to spray the courtroom for bugs today...bedbugs, lice, and scabies.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »
Was in Sheets in town last night and a couple of people were REALLY pissed about this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
Sign at another cig store in town...

Cigarette prices are going up. Blame the aholes you voted for, not us.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »
For my own part as a non-smoker/non-vape-er, I see vaping as much superior to smoking in most every dimension.  Seems about as obtrusive as drinking coffee or chewing peppermint gum.

This. The former owner of the tax place switched from cigarettes to vaping after Illinois passed the no smoking indoors law.  Not sure what his "mix" was, but the place always smelled of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, even though the mix was not chocolate, nor cookie flavours... Nor was anyone baking cookies....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

That may not have been exactly the comparison you were hoping for... :laugh:

We get it....you vape...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2016, 09:53:30 AM »
If I could, my job would be more pleasant.  Those stinky and buggy people end up in court.  Had to spray the courtroom for bugs today...bedbugs, lice, and scabies.

Maybe you could put up a sign.

"If you dress like you have some shred of respect for yourself and the court, the court will be more likely to have some shred of respect for you.  In short, bathing and spending $20 at Goodwill could save you thousands in fines, jail time, or greatly improve your child custody situation."

This. The former owner of the tax place switched from cigarettes to vaping after Illinois passed the no smoking indoors law.  Not sure what his "mix" was, but the place always smelled of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, even though the mix was not chocolate, nor cookie flavours... Nor was anyone baking cookies....

Cinnamon roll seems to smell a lot more like cinnamon raisin bread.  Doesn't really taste much like either, but I could see it being really pleasant with hot cocoa once the weather cools off.