Author Topic: TV and DVD player turn on by themselves.  (Read 2114 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: TV and DVD player turn on by themselves.
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
My old stereo system would turn itself on when the power would return after an interruption. I came home from work to music blasting away more than a few times during stormy times.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »
My old stereo system would turn itself on when the power would return after an interruption. I came home from work to music blasting away more than a few times during stormy times.

I used to have a linux box with a 4-CD changer in it.  When I was at work, I'd log in, crank up some tunes, wait about 15 minutes, then shut it down.  The loud neighbor next door, upset at being awakened at noon, would call building management and/or police, who would get there to find out that I wasn't even home.  They actually called my boss a couple times to verify that I'd been at work for hours, and decided it must be the loud neighbor upstairs.  (AFAICT, neither of them had a job, and both had a tendency to come home after the bars closed, crank up lousy music and keep right on partying until about 5AM.)  If I timed it right, I could hit it again in the early afternoon and get the upstairs neighbor calling in to complain about the next door one too.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 12:16:33 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 07:18:19 AM »
Seems that the demon resides in the DVD player.  It still turns on occasionally, but the TV stays off.  I can live with that since I won't have to listen to Mickey Mouse songs in the middle of the night.

The Google says the DVD player face plate gets loose and sends false buttons-have-been-pushed signals causing the unit to turn on.  I'm not going to take about the machine to try to fix that.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 10:02:33 AM »
We forced for Google to that say.  Awl akording to hour Plan 9, in fakt.

Opposishun is few tile.

Pewnee humins.

-- Xmlanf, E6RN

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:31:24 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.