Author Topic: Clinton - Raise Taxes on the Middle Class!  (Read 2361 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Clinton - Raise Taxes on the Middle Class!
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:58:03 AM »
Some would say it's her aged mind going, even though she was apparently on a teleprompter. Others would call it an innocent mistake. I'll call it a Freudian slip. :)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/08/04/whoops-clinton-promises-to-raise-taxes-on-the-middle-class-n2201668
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Clinton - Raise Taxes on the Middle Class!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
Didn't she suffer a concussion awhile back?   Perhaps some damage was done to her  brain. 
I'm sure she has one,  because she hasn't forgotten how to breath. [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
Read something a few days ago from the DNC regarding this subject.  It laid out Clinton's tax plan in detail.  She does indeed intend to raise taxes on the middle class.  It wasn't a Freudian slip.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
The coalition of the top + bottom acting against the middle is common as dirt throughout history.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »
The coalition of the top + bottom acting against the middle is common as dirt throughout history.

Huh?    Usually everyone cheers when the policritters want to soak the evil rich.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:07:32 PM »
Huh?    Usually everyone cheers when the policritters want to soak the evil rich.

Off the top of my head:
1. English Civil War: aritstos & peasantry vs rising middle class
2. Rome: Caesar / demogogues + unemployed masses vs urban middle class and small land holders.
3. 20th & 21st century America & Europe: Affluent & elite climbers with credentials + dirt poor & minorities vs the American middle class
4. USSR: Trtskyites, Leninsts, and Stalinists + peasantry vs the kulaks

Those are just off the top of my head.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »
Off the top of my head:
1. English Civil War: aritstos & peasantry vs rising middle class
2. Rome: Caesar / demogogues + unemployed masses vs urban middle class and small land holders.
3. 20th & 21st century America & Europe: Affluent & elite climbers with credentials + dirt poor & minorities vs the American middle class
4. USSR: Trtskyites, Leninsts, and Stalinists + peasantry vs the kulaks

Those are just off the top of my head.

Ok....I never lived in those places and times.....all I recall is policritters wanting the evil rich to pay "their fair share" .....despite their being in the highest tax bracket already.

What can I say?   I've  led a  very sheltered life.... [tinfoil] :angel: ;).

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
Ok....I never lived in those places and times.....all I recall is policritters wanting the evil rich to pay "their fair share" .....despite their being in the highest tax bracket already.

What can I say?   I've  led a  very sheltered life.... [tinfoil] :angel: ;).

The very rich have enough money & influence not to pay the way those just a rung or two down the ladder will.  They can play marxist games and trust-fund revolutionary without having to pay the cost.  They can holler "Soak the rich" all day long and it won;t cost them a dime.  And besides, high tax/high-reg regimes cast the current social status in amber.  So, if everyone does pay a bit or all are made poorer by taxes/regs, the very rich at the top will remain hte richest at the top.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »
The very rich have enough money & influence not to pay the way those just a rung or two down the ladder will.  They can play marxist games and trust-fund revolutionary without having to pay the cost.  They can holler "Soak the rich" all day long and it won;t cost them a dime.  And besides, high tax/high-reg regimes cast the current social status in amber.  So, if everyone does pay a bit or all are made poorer by taxes/regs, the very rich at the top will remain hte richest at the top.

The very  very rich, perhaps.....but the lower 50%   of income earners pay no income tax and often receive  some type  of taxpayer paid  aid. 
There are  very few people in those real  high bazillion dollar wealth.......and if they are receiving no paychecks they  don't pay income tax  they pay 15%  tax on what their portfolios earn.   However, not all people who are in that situations are bizarrely wealthy;  I receive most of my income from what my stocks & bonds earn,  and trust me,  I ain't rich!
There are plenty of business owners and such  who have a lot of wealth,  often tied up in properties,  as well.
Policritters love going after them without any care as to the harm they really do.
I wonder how many people inherit their parents' farms and  businesses  only to have to sell it all to pay inheritance taxes?   "Theft under colour  of the law,"  is what I consider  THAT to be.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
However, not all people who are in that situations are bizarrely wealthy;  I receive most of my income from what my stocks & bonds earn,  and trust me,  I ain't rich!

We already sort of have 2 tax brackets for qualified dividends and such.  We could add a couple more.  My preference would be to mirror the earned income side.

I wonder how many people inherit their parents' farms and  businesses  only to have to sell it all to pay inheritance taxes?   "Theft under colour  of the law,"  is what I consider  THAT to be.

Not that many, actually.  There's a lot of exemptions to the laws built in there, and there's ways to manage the stuff to avoid most of the taxes.  Especially if not ALL the assets are tied into the business - you can keep the business and sell the stock portfolio, for example.  Worst case, you can have what a business my father used to work for that was transitioning to employee owned - take a loan against the equity in the business(which would have to be substantial or you're not paying taxes on it) to pay the taxes.

I'm generally against estate taxes as is, but that doesn't mean that the situation is that bad.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 03:32:54 PM »
We already sort of have 2 tax brackets for qualified dividends and such.  We could add a couple more.  My preference would be to mirror the earned income side.

Not that many, actually.  There's a lot of exemptions to the laws built in there, and there's ways to manage the stuff to avoid most of the taxes.  Especially if not ALL the assets are tied into the business - you can keep the business and sell the stock portfolio, for example.  Worst case, you can have what a business my father used to work for that was transitioning to employee owned - take a loan against the equity in the business(which would have to be substantial or you're not paying taxes on it) to pay the taxes.

I'm generally against estate taxes as is, but that doesn't mean that the situation is that bad.

It's getting pretty   bad.....and if Clinton wins in November it will get worse.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »
It's getting pretty   bad.....and if Clinton wins in November it will get worse.

That is why regardless of which critter is in the White House, Congress stays in the R control.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
Some would say it's her aged mind going, even though she was apparently on a teleprompter. Others would call it an innocent mistake. I'll call it a Freudian slip. :)
Like when Obama talked about his Moslem faith?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 10:40:14 PM »

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/08/04/whoops-clinton-promises-to-raise-taxes-on-the-middle-class-n2201668

Nahh, she know's exactly what she was saying.  Listen to the crowd's response, they're all for it.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
Lessee, zero care doubles medical premiums and deductibles, real inflation running 10% year, 35 % of the population on welfare, unemployment measured by the old methods around 20 %, no wonder business is slow.

And now the witch wants more money.