Author Topic: Trump's Second Amendment Comment  (Read 7742 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Trump's Second Amendment Comment
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »
The most recent poll I've seen is a Military Times poll showing Trump beating Hillary by a 2 to 1 margin among the enlisted.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/election/2016/07/17/military-times-survey-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/87024898/

This is what I was looking at, showing that Gary Johnson was beating him in a poll:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/288546-poll-libertarian-johnson-beating-trump-clinton-among-active-duty-troops

Maybe it is a bad poll I was looking at... who knows... still a republican candidate should have a high favorablity rating with the military.  Which Trump doesn't have at all, according to your source:

"More than 61 percent indicated they are "dissatisfied" or "very dissatisfied" with Trump as the Republican nominee."

Among a Republican demographic, that is TERRIBLE.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »
This is the perfect storm of "idiot shooting his mouth off" and "media rising to autistic levels of literalistic stupidity." Trump wasn't calling for Civil War 2, and most of the people excoriating him realize that.

I'm still not sure how "He's an idiot who says dangerous things" is a selling point for Trump, when those same people are blaming Obama's extremely mild rhetoric for attacks on police.

Obama: "The police acted stupidly." APS: "OMG IT'S HIS FAULT ANYTIME A COP GETS A PAPERCUT!"

Trump: "I love dictators, especially Putin! I don't think we should support NATO unless they pay us ransom. And I might just nuke some people for the hell of it." APS: "It's so refreshing to have someone who speaks his mind!"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Trump's Second Amendment Comment
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 08:41:30 PM »
This is the perfect storm of "idiot shooting his mouth off" and "media rising to autistic levels of literalistic stupidity." Trump wasn't calling for Civil War 2, and most of the people excoriating him realize that.

I'm still not sure how "He's an idiot who says dangerous things" is a selling point for Trump, when those same people are blaming Obama's extremely mild rhetoric for attacks on police.

Obama: "The police acted stupidly." APS: "OMG IT'S HIS FAULT ANYTIME A COP GETS A PAPERCUT!"

Trump: "I love dictators, especially Putin! I don't think we should support NATO unless they pay us ransom. And I might just nuke some people for the hell of it." APS: "It's so refreshing to have someone who speaks his mind!"
I believe you slandered autistic folks there comparing them to the media

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »

I gather you're running for Director of the Department of Hyperbole?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design