Author Topic: Borders are the worst invention ever!  (Read 1012 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Borders are the worst invention ever!
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:06:32 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3752939/Borders-worst-invention-EU-chief-Jean-Claude-Juncker-widens-rift-European-leaders-calls-borders-opened.html
Under-fire EU chief Jean-Claude Juncker risked widening divisions with European leaders today by saying borders were the 'worst invention ever'.
He called for all borders across Europe to be opened, despite the chaos caused over the last year from the flood in refugees fleeing Syria and the wave of terror attacks hitting various continent's cities.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3752939/Borders-worst-invention-EU-chief-Jean-Claude-Juncker-widens-rift-European-leaders-calls-borders-opened.html#ixzz4IAU2yoM9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Speaking at the Alpbach Media Academy this morning, Mr Juncker said: 'Borders are the worst invention ever made by politicians.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3752939/Borders-worst-invention-EU-chief-Jean-Claude-Juncker-widens-rift-European-leaders-calls-borders-opened.html#ixzz4IAU7AtS6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IMO, it doesn't say much about this guy's intelligence or understanding.  Assuming it wasn't some sort of bad joke, just calling them an invention by politicians shows a very poor understanding of history and human relations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
Re: Borders are the worst invention ever!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:10:14 AM »
...borders were the 'worst invention ever'.
He called for all borders across Europe to be opened....

Wonder if he leaves the front door of his house open all the time?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »
Hmm, methinks this fellow neither too bright nor overly burdened with a knowledge of history.

The current mostly peaceful, monoethnic Euro nation-states descend from sprawling & violent multiethnic empires.  They finally got that way via blood and warfare over many years, as many ethnicities did not like living cheek-by-jowl with the stinking, PITA, and uncouth Other Sorts.

Where political boundaries do not coincide with ethnic living spaces, we see much strife and bloodshed.  Such as:
* MENA where borders were drawn by colonizers without regard for ethnic settlement
* Africa
* Ukrane
* etcetcetc.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:41:28 PM »
Think positive. If there are no borders, then there's no "cross border authority" and (theoretically) U.S. police and the FBI can pursue and apprehend evil-doers in [formerly known as] Mexico.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
Where political boundaries do not coincide with ethnic living spaces, we see much strife and bloodshed.  Such as:
* MENA where borders were drawn by colonizers without regard for ethnic settlement
* Africa
* Ukrane
* etcetcetc.

East Dakota and West Dakota.
Texas and Austin.
Chicago and Reality

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
Huh, I thought this would be a Reason article.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »
He is an idiot from word go. Politicians did not invent borders, people did, to hold off the reavers.
What the EU needs is a Vlad. It is about the only thing that will save them at this stage.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »
The other part that I would think a politician would realize, without borders how would you tell who gets to levy taxes?  Politicians always want to know how much of their money they can take from us.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »
The other part that I would think a politician would realize, without borders how would you tell who gets to levy taxes?  Politicians always want to know how much of their money they can take from us.

When there's only one fed.gov fe the whole world it'll be so much simpler.  [tinfoil]
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
He's saying something that is the obvious conclusion of free market, unfettered capitalism.

Why should you need a licence from the government to sell what you make to someone else?  What about hiring who you want to hire, instead of only hiring people with government permission to work?

The fact is that what he is saying is logically consistent with a lot of the Randist crap about economy that's promoted in the American right.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »
Is Herr Juncker perhaps, German ??

(Nope, went and checked, he is a Luxembourger.  I guess he never studied his country's history.  Nor ever attended "Patton Days".)

https://vimeo.com/110011408
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.