Author Topic: Homosexuality: You will be made to care  (Read 1374 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Homosexuality: You will be made to care
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:17:39 PM »
http://religionnews.com/2016/08/22/on-lgbt-equality-middle-ground-is-disappearing/

It's always refreshing when those on the left admit their endgame:

It turns out that you are either for full and unequivocal social and legal equality for LGBT people, or you are against it, and your answer will at some point be revealed. This is true both for individuals and for institutions.

Neutrality is not an option. Neither is polite half-acceptance. Nor is avoiding the subject. Hide as you might, the issue will come and find you.

The sexual revolution will not be ignored. You must be for it or you will be treated as though you are opposed and punished.

Openly discriminatory religious schools and parachurch organizations will feel the pinch first. Any entity that requires government accreditation or touches government dollars will be in the immediate line of fire. Some organizations will face the choice either to abandon discriminatory policies or risk potential closure. Others will simply face increasing social marginalization.

Remember that "openly discriminatory" means "requiring members/employees to live the faith your organization represents". Actually living out the tenets of your faith will be forbidden. You can BELIEVE whatever you want, you just can't DO anything your beliefs prescribe. Keep your religion in your (prayer) closet! (A situation that is more than a little ironic.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Homosexuality: You will be made to care
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:40:12 PM »
by discriminatory" means "requiring members/employees to live the faith your organization represents". Actually living out the tenets of your faith will be forbidden. You can BELIEVE whatever you want, you just can't DO anything your beliefs prescribe. Keep your religion in your (prayer) closet! (A situation that is more than a little ironic.)

You can do what you want. You just can't suck on government's tit while doing it.

I see no problem with this.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
You can do what you want. You just can't suck on government's tit while doing it.

Ah yes, the "NOT TAXING CHARITABLE DONATIONS IS A SUBSIDY!!" argument.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »

Ayep. While I think the SJW types are annoying and petty tyrants, my sympathy is limited for people that want money from the public and then wail like lost souls when it comes with conditions. If you take the King's shilling, you are the King's man.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:16:53 PM »
Ayep. While I think the SJW types are annoying and petty tyrants, my sympathy is limited for people that want money from the public and then wail like lost souls when it comes with conditions. If you take the King's shilling, you are the King's man.

Or, if you don't give the King your shilling (that someone who already gave his shilling to the King gave to you), you're the King's man.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 04:26:05 PM »

Correct. To defend a left-wing viewpoint, they're thinking like left-wingers. They could also justify it as a tax on infidels. Churches that won't submit to Allah the state can just make up for it by paying a tax that those other churches don't pay. 'Cuz that's the true meaning of the separation of church and state, right?  

Also, I love how the government stays out of the morality business by only supporting adoption agencies, etc, that take certain moral positions. That's so freedomy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 04:32:03 PM »

While I would like to end most or many of the government subsidies, getting govt funding shouldn't make you a slave with no rights. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 04:32:26 PM »
Or, if you don't give the King your shilling (that someone who already gave his shilling to the King gave to you), you're the King's man.

:lol:

That said, I don't like the notion that the lynch mob should be able to destroy people's lives over an opinion. Or that places like Catholic universities or hospitals are told to violate their religion or close down. I still hold that if you take the government cash, don't be surprised when it doesn't play out like you want. That said, people could be remotely reasonable.

SJWs are horrible people based on their behavior alone, not even considering their ideology. The only nice thing about them is that they'll attack their own on occasion for not being up on the latest version of the groupthink. Though as long as one follows groupthink, petty felonies like rape, molestation or assault are "misunderstandings by the corrupt patriarchy" or whatnot.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »
We should also not forget that there are many people, probably the majority of the population, depending on whose polls you quote, who do not have religious, ethical, political or other objections to LGBT people and their activities.  APS would seem to be the outlier in this regard, which is not surprising given the overlap of the Venn diagrams between people who like firearms, political conservatives and religious conservatives.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »
We should also not forget that there are many people, probably the majority of the population, depending on whose polls you quote, who do not have religious, ethical, political or other objections to LGBT people and their activities.  APS would seem to be the outlier in this regard, which is not surprising given the overlap of the Venn diagrams between people who like firearms, political conservatives and religious conservatives.

And? ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Another issue is the unequal enforcement of these regulations.  Churches that lean conservative-ish on social issues get the stink-eye from the IRS(1) while those that lean leftist (*cough* Jeremiah Wright *cough*) are allowed to be much more overtly political/partisan without consequence.

(1) A good friend of mine is the pastor of such a church.  He has . . . interesting . . . tales of harassment from the IRS and from state tax collectors, including demands that he provide them with transcripts of all his sermons.  His reply:  "My sermons are all on YouTube.  Watch them yourself."

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »
im far more conservative then my pastor.
when i get around to going into phoenix to meet the closest members of my church ( I'm in Wickenburg AZ ) I bet they're a bit more conservative.
My Church seems to have all kinds but is Bible based so I doubt that we have openly gay members but lots of "Jesus loves you" but politely minding their own biz seems to be the norm.
I'm getting all riled up already, good to be back on APS [popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 05:25:28 PM »
Remember that "openly discriminatory" means "requiring members/employees to live the faith your organization represents". Actually living out the tenets of your faith will be forbidden. You can BELIEVE whatever you want, you just can't DO anything your beliefs prescribe. Keep your religion in your (prayer) closet! (A situation that is more than a little ironic.)

Equally important, you may be required to DO things your beliefs PROscribe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
im far more conservative then my pastor.
when i get around to going into phoenix to meet the closest members of my church ( I'm in Wickenburg AZ ) I bet they're a bit more conservative.
My Church seems to have all kinds but is Bible based so I doubt that we have openly gay members but lots of "Jesus loves you" but politely minding their own biz seems to be the norm.
I'm getting all riled up already, good to be back on APS [popcorn]

Welcome back!

Hear, hear!  Don't you know that it is all rightfully government's money and they should be grateful government lets them keep any of it?

Another issue is the unequal enforcement of these regulations.  Churches that lean conservative-ish on social issues get the stink-eye from the IRS(1) while those that lean leftist (*cough* Jeremiah Wright *cough*) are allowed to be much more overtly political/partisan without consequence.

Or lean Muslim.  Because the SJWs and social liberals fear getting killed by Muslims.  And blacks.

The rational & calculating man would observe this behavior and conclude that Christian organizations (to get the same level of respect and treatment from bureaucritters, SJWs, and social liberals) ought to take up similar levels of religiously/ethnically-inspired violence.  

Incentives matter.  Try not to act all surprised when folk change their behavior when they see others' violence rewarded.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »
The separation of Church and State cuts both ways.  If Rrligion is not allowed in the public space, then the public space is not allowed in religion.  To include taxes. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.