Author Topic: PA's 1st woman AG convicted of perjury, corruption, oppression  (Read 750 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Let us hope we see a similar headline about the first female President.

http://6abc.com/news/jury-reaches-verdict-in-ag-kathleen-kane-trial/1470009/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Triphammer

• friend
Re: PA's 1st woman AG convicted of perjury, corruption, oppression
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 09:11:15 AM »
Nineteen bullet points in before a mention of party affiliation.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »
Unfortunately, too late. She's the AG who restructured most of PA'a concealed carry reciprocity agreements so PA only honors home state permits.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:09:43 AM »

Hmmm. She was elected because she basically threatened the PA judiciary. Which is mostly not exactly corrupt, but a LOT of private networking, favor trading, etc. Which sometimes branches into monumental corruption issues like Sandusky or selling kids for cash to prisons. Folks were unhappy about the string of scandals relating to our judiciary. Her Republican opponent, David Freed, was and isn't a bad guy. But he's firmly an establishment Republican; he didn't make any promises about rocking the boat when it came to cleaning up the judiciary. Everyone assumed he wanted business as usual. So, he lost.

Kane immediately dropped the ball. Repeatedly. No one in the government got nailed for dropping the ball on the Sandusky slash Penn State scandal. A scandal about PA Turnpike officials got reduced to a laughable plea deal with no jail time. She dropped a corruption investigation of Philly politicians, which the local DA picked up and snagged a handful of convictions.

Folks began criticizing her, that she refused to prosecute Democrats. Then some memos got leaked. Sealed Grand Jury memos. She testified she did not leak the memos. Folks testified that she did. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court unanimously suspended Kane's license to practice law last year. And now she was convicted of perjury, obstruction of justice, etc. I do believe she did leak the material, and was biased against Repubs. Corbett was AG before he became governor, and was equally as biased. However, he didn't lie about it under oath. He was biased in his professional conduct, but he wasn't a moron. Unethical but not criminal.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »

Bit worse than that, Hawkmoon. She actively refused to sue cities that overstepped their authority under the PA Constitution. We have one firearm law. Among other things, it forbids cities from overriding our one firearm law. It says the state is supposed to sue said cities into smoking holes in the ground if they violate the law. Plus arrest folks in some cases. She did not do so. Think Hillary style decline to prosecute.

She severed our agreements with Idaho. There were changes with our agreements with Utah, Florida, Arizona and Virginia; specific only to non-resident permits. If you are a resident, you're fine. Only applies to non-resident CCW permits. Technically probably legal on her part, but it was just spiteful.

Good news is, as a convicted felon, she's no longer allowed to own guns.   =D

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
She didn't resign until after she was convicted.  That's chutzpah.

Maybe she and Leland Yee can be pen pals.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
Iceberg principle: for every crooked/corrupt politician that gets caught, there are more - a LOT more!!! - out of sight, beneath the surface.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain