Author Topic: Whoa! I never saw THAT coming!  (Read 1713 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Whoa! I never saw THAT coming!
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
Heh, heh ... just kidding.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-dept-warns-iran-seeking-capture-u-s-citizens/

The State Department has issued an alert that Iran is looking to capture Americans. Given that we just paid Iran $400 million in [not] ransom to release some Americans, whoever would have foreseen that the screaming beards would just view that as a precedent, and an invitation for more of same?

*^%#()^%% Obama -- there's a reason why you don't negotiate with kidnappers and terrorists.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Whoa! I never saw THAT coming!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:56 PM »
Heh, heh ... just kidding.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-dept-warns-iran-seeking-capture-u-s-citizens/

The State Department has issued an alert that Iran is looking to capture Americans. Given that we just paid Iran $400 million in [not] ransom to release some Americans, whoever would have foreseen that the screaming beards would just view that as a precedent, and an invitation for more of same?

*^%#()^%% Obama -- there's a reason why you don't negotiate with kidnappers and terrorists.

The only correct way to negotiate with terrorists and the like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyxxLHfBwE[

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 06:56:11 PM »
In related news, Iran just  kidnapped two more Americans.....for negotiation purposes, of course. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »

The only correct way to negotiate with terrorists and the like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyxxLHfBwE[

Curse your sudden but inevitable posting of the exact link I was going for...  Spot on though.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »
Now it turns out we gave them 1.7 billion. Way to go Mr President.  :facepalm:
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »
Now, now.....I believe giving Iran a few billion dollars in goods and services would be an excellent first step in establishing good intentions.....

.....what's the current market value on fifteen nuclear-tipped Tomahawk cruise missiles, complete with launch?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
That is how I wanted the money delivered also but well it would have cost us less to do it when the shaw got overthrown.

I wonder if the king was owed any money back in 1776? Do you think we could collect with interest?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG