Author Topic: Obama getting the respect he deserves  (Read 2059 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Obama getting the respect he deserves
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
Philippine President Threatens to swear at him and calls him - "Putang ina I will swear at you in that forum,” he said, using the Tagalog phrase for son of a bitch."
Now admittedly my pigeon Tagalog is 30+ years unused but I seem to remember "Putang ina" and it was NOT son of a bitch. More akin to a particularly derogatory term for prostitute.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-obama-son-of-a-bitch-i-will-swear-at-you/

At the G20 in China Obama get's snubbed by the Chi-coms, no stairway for Air Force One and only world leader to not get a "Red Carpet" welcome.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/04/barack-obama-deliberately-snubbed-by-chinese-in-chaotic-arrival-at-g20

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
Re: Obama getting the respect he deserves
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:19:24 PM »
Finally.

Surprised it took this long for another head of state to call him a bitch.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »
I think there are a lot of Americans - and I do mean A LOT - who've called BHO worse.

And there will millions more come November when millions of people get started on setting up their health care for next year.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
Finally.

Surprised it took this long for another head of state to call him a bitch.

I think we should be offended. He may be a bitch, but he's our bitch.

Unfortunately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 09:51:47 PM »
I think we should be offended. He may be a bitch, but he's our bitch.

Unfortunately.

Do you really think we as a country should feel slighted by some insignificant third worlder pointing out the obvious?  Half the middle east calls us worse/ for our destruction on a regular basis.  And we don't care, because they don't matter.

Obama has beclowned himself and if some goon has the balls to comment,  it's no reflection on our country's prestige.  It's damned sure not worth taking offense.

I have to give Obama credit here,  just ignoring the ahole was the right call.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »
I know a few penay (female penoy) I believe it is bitch mother I'll ask later. Should be good for a laugh.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 10:50:58 PM »

Do you really think we as a country should feel slighted by some insignificant third worlder pointing out the obvious? 

It was a JOKE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »
I think there are a lot of Americans - and I do mean A LOT - who've called BHO worse.

And there will millions more come November when millions of people get started on setting up their health care for next year.

And millions more in the Spring when they get nailed with "Shared Responsibility Payment" on their taxes.    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:22 AM »
I realize the accents are nothing alike, but I can't help reading this story and gigging because I keep hearing Mordechai Byreika saying "Yankee bastard son of bitch."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:26 AM »
The first story I saw on this, it did state that he did in fact call him a "Son of a Whore."

One of those issues that if the truth hurts.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
And millions more in the Spring when they get nailed with "Shared Responsibility Payment" on their taxes.    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wait for the reactions of those folks in areas where there is NO Obamacare plan available. (At least 1 county in Arizona falls into this category . . . so far.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
Do you really think we as a country should feel slighted by some insignificant third worlder pointing out the obvious? 

Insignificant only if you exclude the US Navy, of course. Tagalog is the unofficial language of the US Navy for a reason. And the minor fact that they were once part of the US.

It's not hugely significant, like China or the EU. But it's not something to ignore either. Kinda like Cuba. We fought a war there. It was not a pleasant experience. I'd rather they fight FOR us (which they do, by the thousands), rather than AGAINST us.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »
It's not hugely significant, like China or the EU. But it's not something to ignore either. Kinda like Cuba. We fought a war there. It was not a pleasant experience. I'd rather they fight FOR us (which they do, by the thousands), rather than AGAINST us.

Sort of like the Sikhs; there may not be many of them, and they may be short, but when they're standing on a pile of enemy corpses they sure look formidable.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:41 PM »
The Obama-factor aside, one should possibly be concerned that if the actions are more at HIM personally, or the office of the Presidency in the generic sense, and the U.S. as a whole, and our relations are actually "that bad".

I also wonder if the snubbing Obama show wasn't for the benefit (or detriment) of Obama and the U.S. but instead really just for "internal consumption" to bolster patriotic zeal within China itself. To distract attention from their massive economic bubble problems etc.
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 04:00:33 PM »
The Obama-factor aside, one should possibly be concerned that if the actions are more at HIM personally, or the office of the Presidency in the generic sense, and the U.S. as a whole, and our relations are actually "that bad".

I also wonder if the snubbing Obama show wasn't for the benefit (or detriment) of Obama and the U.S. but instead really just for "internal consumption" to bolster patriotic zeal within China itself. To distract attention from their massive economic bubble problems etc.

Almost certainly the case. Kinda like Putin bear wrestling and alligator punching, the point is domestic consumption.
Snubs are to send a message. That's their sole point. They have usually little direct impact.

In this case, the Chinese are likely trying to tell their citizenry that they are superior to the US and they aren't going to suck up to anyone.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 11:54:22 PM »
Insignificant only if you exclude the US Navy, of course. Tagalog is the unofficial language of the US Navy for a reason. And the minor fact that they were once part of the US.

When I was on Active Duty in the Army, the enlisted side of the Ordnance Corps (especially the motor maintenance types) were referred to as "The Filipino Mafia)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 02:15:04 AM »
My time in the Navy was cooks and Dispersing  (pay)Clerks.

When I got to my first boat I  was assigned to the mess decks for a period. I managed to win the respect of the crusty old Filipino Chief stew burner while working for him.
Came in handy. I'd been on board about 4 months or so and had been having pay troubles. E-4 didn't get much and I wasn't getting most of that. I'd been back and forth between the ships clerk and the Squadron clerks and they'd actually managed to make things worse. I was actually to the point of telling the command that if the Navy couldn't bother to pay me I'd be damned if I'd be bothered to stay.
Ran into the Chief coming out of the pay office and he could see I pretty well had blood in my eyes over the mess. He asked and I told him my problem. He looked at my pay folder, drug me back into the office and flat layed into the clerk that had been blowing me off. 10 minutes later I had a check for my back pay that had been screwed up for 6+ months. Damn near $2k.
Never had anymore pay problems after that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams