Author Topic: The Final Debate  (Read 6415 times)

mellestad

• friend
The Final Debate
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »
Trump's holding it together this time! Only 15 minutes in, though. The format is more controlled, which probably helps him maintain composure and focus.

mellestad

• friend
Re: The Final Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
Someone should have told him to act like this in the first two debates.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
Hey everybody, Clinton is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment! Everything is okay now.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »
He still doesn't get his ideas across.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »
According to another forum, Clinton said this:

Which I think is terrifying but here's the deal that bottom line on nuclear weapons is that when the president gives the orders it must be followed. There is about four minutes between the order being given and the people responsible for launching nuclear weapons to do so.

Should she be saying that publicly?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »
^^^I am surprised it is as long as four minutes.  Perhaps this is accounted for by authentication of the orders.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:12 PM »
The President does not have launch codes, only authentication codes. While the President has way more authority than should ever be the case, a unilateral nuclear strike is not a circumstance that officers have to follow. That's on par with telling officers to shoot a nosy reporter. Yeah, nope.

Not that I want either Trump or Clintons to be in a position to order nuclear weapons, it is an insult to say the military will blindly follow insane orders.

Re 4 minutes, depends on circumstances. It would be less if it is expected, more if it is not. Targeting is another discussion.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 11:01:16 PM »
I don't think Trump accomplished what he needed to do, which was an almost impossible task given the time limits. Basically he needed to fix all of the mistakes he's been making for weeks.

I thought Hillary came across as a bitch. She lied so many times I lost count, but the voters won't know that. She even repeated the "Donald asked why we can't use our nukes now" lie. Then she followed up with the "the FBI cleared me" lie.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »
Was there a debate tonight?
Who debated?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »
Biggest winner in tonight's debate is Chris Wallace. For the next 20 years, people will say "Why couldn't the moderator have been as good as that guy?".....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
I missed the first hour.  (got the start time mixed up)  Did I miss anything?

Clinton never did answer the question on whether she would [try to] shoot down a Russian plane violating a no-fly zone.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »
I just slapped my head when Trump missed an early golden opportunity  . . .

Hillary went on and on about "foreign" hacking of US accounts to interfere with the election.

Trump could have just looked at her then, and said "And foreign hacking is EXACTLY why the law prohibits high government officials from sending and receiving classified material from private email servers. Madam, as secretary of state you were reckless with security, and directly put our country at risk. Your actions before and your words tonight prove you should never, EVER have access to classified information again!"

But he didn't.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 01:12:19 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/19/498293478/fact-check-trump-and-clinton-s-final-presidential-debate

Traffic was a bear so we did not get home until 18:45.  We found a transcript so we could read what we missed.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 01:46:38 AM »
Had to leave early for my second job. Just finished watching the rest.

Trump started losing it 45 minutes in and he was a wreck by the end of it. He can't keep himself together. It makes him look terrible. I can't imagine what his campaign manager was going through in the last half of that. Hillary kept it together (because lizard people always do).

Then his bit about accepting the elections, which led to Hillary's bit about everything being rigged against Trump. Brilliant. Makes Trump look like a whiny baby, then he helped by trying to make a joke. Her response to his "what have you been doing for 30 years" did the same thing. That's when it started going downhill.

He managed to lose every debate to a robot with more baggage than O'Hare.  :facepalm:

Wallace did a great job as the moderator. The only one who didn't suck out of the four moderators.

President Clinton is all for common sense gun control and supports the 2nd amendment. Everyone will have the right to pink Nerf guns (subject to ATF velocity limits), as long as they're unloaded, trigger locked, in a Federally approved safe, and you must have the keys to the safe stored in a Federally approved bank deposit box at least five miles from your home (there's only one and it's on the moon). You have her word.

R32dude

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 02:39:47 AM »

President Clinton is all for common sense gun control and supports the 2nd amendment. Everyone will have the right to pink Nerf guns (subject to ATF velocity limits), as long as they're unloaded, trigger locked, in a Federally approved safe, and you must have the keys to the safe stored in a Federally approved bank deposit box at least five miles from your home (there's only one and it's on the moon). You have her word.

She's just trying to protect the toddlers!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:51 AM »
I'm still not convinced that Trump was in this thing to win.  Part of me thinks he really wanted to stick his thumb in the eye of the GOPe by winning the nomination and losing the election.  I can picture him on Wednesday after the election, adult beverage in hand, watching the GOPe pundits on the boob tube whining about Hillary being elected, and letting go with a Nelson laugh.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
I'm still not convinced that Trump was in this thing to win.  Part of me thinks he really wanted to stick his thumb in the eye of the GOPe by winning the nomination and losing the election.  I can picture him on Wednesday after the election, adult beverage in hand, watching the GOPe pundits on the boob tube whining about Hillary being elected, and letting go with a Nelson laugh.

If true he still did the country a great service. *expletive deleted*ck the GOP.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Was there a debate tonight?
Who debated?

The Masters.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 11:10:29 AM »
Here's what went on in the media room at the debate:

http://twitchy.com/loriz-3139/2016/10/20/omg-what-jesse-watters-caught-in-media-room-at-clintontrump-debate-is-chilling/

LOL... Michelle Malkin must be making someone angry. Following that link I realized Twitchy now has that DDOS delay filter going on.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
LOL... Michelle Malkin must be making someone angry. Following that link I realized Twitchy now has that DDOS delay filter going on.

Yeah, saw it for the first time this morning. Progressives must be getting nervous about Wikileaks and going into information suppression overdrive.  :laugh:

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
Had to leave early for my second job. Just finished watching the rest.

Trump started losing it 45 minutes in and he was a wreck by the end of it. He can't keep himself together. It makes him look terrible. I can't imagine what his campaign manager was going through in the last half of that. Hillary kept it together (because lizard people always do).

Then his bit about accepting the elections, which led to Hillary's bit about everything being rigged against Trump. Brilliant. Makes Trump look like a whiny baby, then he helped by trying to make a joke. Her response to his "what have you been doing for 30 years" did the same thing. That's when it started going downhill.

He managed to lose every debate to a robot with more baggage than O'Hare.  :facepalm:

Wallace did a great job as the moderator. The only one who didn't suck out of the four moderators.

??? :O

You're kidding, right? Trump WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing he  ***** up was when he was asked if he'd accept the results if Hillary won.  He should have just said "yes, of course," and that be that.  In the event that the election does somehow go sideways he can contest it afterwards but what he did just made him look like a jerk, though I think I understand why he did it.
*drift warning*

In the 1960 election between Richard Nixon & John Fitzgerald Kennedy, there were enough dead people voting in Chicago, and the election was close enough, that Nixon could have possibly successfully contested it.  But, in an act completly at odds with the Nixon we have all come to know and love, Nixon gracefully accepted the results, believing that it was better for the country that way than putting it through a loud tendentious legal kerfuffle.

So it HAS happened.

But Trump didn't have to step on his tie ..... ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »

So it HAS happened.

Interestingly, the latest Podesta email says that illegals should be able to vote as long as they have a driver's license. CA hands licenses out to illegals like candy. Not sure how illegals voting by showing a license jives with the dem line of "no ID needed to vote".

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
Interestingly, the latest Podesta email says that illegals should be able to vote as long as they have a driver's license. CA hands licenses out to illegals like candy. Not sure how illegals voting by showing a license jives with the dem line of "no ID needed to vote".

Whatever works at the moment.

"ID? We don' need no steenkin' ID! I says I are Amurican, nemmind I don' speek Inglese. Lemme vote, you racist."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »

Since Hillary will likely win CA, that may not make any difference.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?